First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
@malogus ... Look up Bulldog Canyon ... it has lots of sand, lots of rocks, and some neat scenery. I think some folks pass it by 'cuz it's close to town and you need a permit. The permit is free, it can be obtained via e-mail, and it gives you the combinations to the gates (by month) for six months. AllTrails, FunTreks, and AZoffroading have write-ups on the trail. BUT, they only show you the main trail ... from Cottonwood to Blue Point. Check out JeeptheUSA.com for .gpx downloads of all the main trail ( https://www.jeeptheusa.com/bulldog-canyon-20-25.html ), plus the three other side entrances onto the main trail ... and a handy link to the permit. Usery has some neat sand washes and a mini Box Canyon spot. The AA Pit entrance road has some interesting terrain with one spot that a stock Sahara might have trouble with ... I tickled the belly on my stock Rubicon. The Wolverine entrance is a good way to cut the trail in half ... sneak into town for lunch and then return for the rest of the trail.

Bulldog Canyon.jpg

The JeeptheUSA.com website is a hidden jewel for those of us who live in the Phoenix area. It's hosted by @camprats (members of this forum) who live in the area for six months out of the year. Thus, they devote a lot of time visiting and documenting local trails.

While you're on the JeeptheUSA website, check out Montana Mountain. Now would be a great time to go on that ride. It's an all afternoon trail, but the scenery is well worth the time. Box Canyon is a favorite of most folks. Walnut Canyon has been highly recommended to me ... have it penciled in for late next week. Actually, any of the 2.0 or 2.5 rated trails on Steve's website should be doable with a standard Sahara ... that should keep you busy for quite awhile.
Sponsored

malogus

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Thanks for the suggestions. It seems like Bulldog Canyon may be in our near future!

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Some nice info here. Thanks guys. I’ll try some of these soon myself.

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Download the 'Badge of Honor' Jeep app before you do this trail - Once you're there, open the app and check in.

You'll get this on the mail later

attachment.jpg

you're welcome.
Wish I knew this, ran that trail last month, even diverted on one of the "ALT" routes, on my way up to 40.

Sponsored

djmason9

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bitcowsStickers.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 door Rubi, 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia
Vehicle Showcase
Download the 'Badge of Honor' Jeep app before you do this trail - Once you're there, open the app and check in.

You'll get this on the mail later

attachment.jpg

you're welcome.
ive been waiting for my badge for months how long did it take you to get it?

crushinit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and WK2
Been waiting for mine since Oct 27 myself. Guess I’ll be waiting awhile longer.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
lol I don't have one - When I did that trail I didn't have/didn't know about the app. That picture came off a google search :giggle:

crushinit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and WK2
Got this update yesterday.

--------

Hello,

Thank you for your participation in the Jeep Badge of Honor Program!

You are receiving this email because one or more of your requested badges is currently on back order due to an unprecedented number of badge requests coming in towards the end of summer and beginning of fall. This is exciting, however, because it means the program is reaching a record number of Jeep owners who continue to expand their horizons for new adventures!

A new supply of badges is currently nearly finished, and will be sent to the fulfillment center for shipping in the first week of January. This means you should expect your badge(s) to arrive before the end of the month of January. We apologize for the lengthy delay.

With the program’s rapid expansion, we have worked this past year to make many changes to our logistical process, and improve our badge order projections to ensure that moving forward, customers will receive badges with a much shorter wait time.

We thank you for your continued support of the program and brand, and appreciate your patience as we actively work to grow the Jeep Badge of Honor Program.

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
Got this update yesterday.

--------

Hello,

Thank you for your participation in the Jeep Badge of Honor Program!

You are receiving this email because one or more of your requested badges is currently on back order due to an unprecedented number of badge requests coming in towards the end of summer and beginning of fall. This is exciting, however, because it means the program is reaching a record number of Jeep owners who continue to expand their horizons for new adventures!

A new supply of badges is currently nearly finished, and will be sent to the fulfillment center for shipping in the first week of January. This means you should expect your badge(s) to arrive before the end of the month of January. We apologize for the lengthy delay.

With the program’s rapid expansion, we have worked this past year to make many changes to our logistical process, and improve our badge order projections to ensure that moving forward, customers will receive badges with a much shorter wait time.

We thank you for your continued support of the program and brand, and appreciate your patience as we actively work to grow the Jeep Badge of Honor Program.
Sounds like a Jeep thing :)

Sponsored

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yep,
looks like they are starting to catch up. Got my Rubicon Trail from Sept, and my Schnebly Hill one just a week or two ago.

20190203_051230.jpg

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
A few pics from the trail in Dec18 when we had a snow storm come through.

20181227_161722.jpg

DSC_5280.jpg

20181227_163317.jpg

20181227_174900.jpg
Sponsored