Sponsored

Jeep Customer Care informed me that a lack of body color hard tops is delaying orders...

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
I ordered a fully-loaded JLUR on 10/3 and have been bouncing between D1 and D since 10/19. After opening a case for me, Jeep Customer Care emailed me yesterday stating that the build would be delayed another month until late December due to a lack of body color hard tops.

If anyone else is in the same situation as me, hopefully this helps shed some light on what's going on.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thanks. That’s all I’ve ever asked for is to know WTF the hold up is so that I can make an informed decision. I ordered body color hard top on 9/25 and I’m in the same boat. I have been “escalated” (for whatever that’s worth) earlier this week and was supposed to be contacted via email with information but haven’t been. So now I know this is likely the problem.

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Thanks for posting - what was the deciding factor for Jeep to open a case?

OP
OP
AMG

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
Thanks for posting - what was the deciding factor for Jeep to open a case?
I have no idea actually. I checked in about once a week and the last time around I asked why I went from D1 back to D, and the rep I talked to said they'd open a case... strangely, I didn't ask for a case to be opened, but I'm thankful that they did.

Jeddi

First Name
Jeddi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK8
I'm in the same exact situation. Also ordered on 10/3, got a vin# right away and shortly after D1 statues but about a week ago it went to D. And later found out it's because of the painted hard top. Contacted my dealer and they're replacing my order with a 2019 that's on its way. So you might want to reach out to your dealer for alternative option(s).

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
FYI: This is is similar to the 2018 production story. Jeep initially produced a bunch of Black, White, Billet, & Granite Sky One-Touch Power Tops as they started building the 2018 Power Top models. It took them another month to build the reds. Then weeks later a few other colors dribbled out just before they started building the 2019 models.
It appears Jeep is assembling or ordering sub-asemblies by color for some reason.

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
I have no idea actually. I checked in about once a week and the last time around I asked why I went from D1 back to D, and the rep I talked to said they'd open a case... strangely, I didn't ask for a case to be opened, but I'm thankful that they did.
JC told me two weeks in any status, you can escalate.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Meh, tell 'em to slap a black one on and git wit it....gots' places to see and places to be. LOL

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a painted top, yet 4wks in and just sitting D Status. :headbang:

Sponsored

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
body colored top ordered 10/12, still in c status, no VIN, and jeep chat just keeps saying to check back later, even with a case # assigned last week.
this was a sold order, not a dealers stock order. nearly 2 months already. Only bright side to this is, the longer it takes to start the build, the more likely problems with prior builds would have been weeded out.

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
body colored top ordered 10/12, still in c status, no VIN, and jeep chat just keeps saying to check back later, even with a case # assigned last week.
this was a sold order, not a dealers stock order. nearly 2 months already. Only bright side to this is, the longer it takes to start the build, the more likely problems with prior builds would have been weeded out.
That is strange. Ordered our JLUR with painted top on 12/1. Dealer entered it as a sold order and said there was a restriction on the painted top. On 12/4 I received a VIN and D status.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
That is strange. Ordered our JLUR with painted top on 12/1. Dealer entered it as a sold order and said there was a restriction on the painted top. On 12/4 I received a VIN and D status.
Still C status, case escalated.

Jeddi

First Name
Jeddi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK8
Ordered mine 10-3, went to D1 fairly quickly but then back to D couple of weeks ago (because of painted hard top). Last night I got an email that it was built and getting inspected. So I guess they're rolling through painted hard tops now.

Oversized

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 10/15 stingray color matched hard top in G status now so looks like they got some in .
Sponsored