chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Non Premium ST here.
I love it, it is not loud at all to me, but I have music on allways.
Putting it up and down this summer was easy

it is 20 degrees here in the mornings, and I have no issue with it being cold inside, quite the opposite actually, I find myself turning down the heat or even opening a window a few inches...jeep heat FTW
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know. We’re in Orlando. I’m sure it would be worth the ride
Will do for sure! If we enjoy the time which I am sure we will maybe make it an annual or quarterly thing.. There is a group from Central Florida who do it often. If you go into the first few pages of the 'Florida Roll Call' thread you will see photos of them in St Auggy. Quite a few Jeeps..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/florida-roll-call.18314/page-2

I think it was @DravenGSX and crew

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '16 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Hello from Clermont!

I like the flexibility of the soft top. Most of the time, our top is down (though not this week! *grumble*). I use bungees to keep it from floating around on the highway. I wish it locked into place properly. There have been a few threads here, one of which where Bestop even responded, but we still can't seem to get it to lock down right.

The ease of use is awesome. It's super quick to put it up, and down. But, that comes with some trade offs too. I actually watched a window fly off of a white JL Sahara right in front of me on hwy 50, which sucks.

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will do for sure! If we enjoy the time which I am sure we will maybe make it an annual or quarterly thing.. There is a group from Central Florida who do it often. If you go into the first few pages of the 'Florida Roll Call' thread you will see photos of them in St Auggy. Quite a few Jeeps..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/florida-roll-call.18314/page-2

I think it was @DravenGSX and crew
Yup! That was me. We're working on organizing another beach trip ASAP (probably Daytona Beach next). A couple of us are headed up to St. Augustine again soon to pick up a costume we bought at the Pirate Store for my wife for Gasparilla too.

I'm part of a pirate themed club called the Rum Runners Jeep Club. Great people. We get together at the World of Beer in Dr. Philips every other Sunday from 6-10 (including this Sunday - where we will be having a big Christmas party).

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@DravenGSX maybe @Jondrew might want to link up with you guys?

Also, I’m going to Jeep week in Daytona Beach in April.

If you guys to a beach run in St Auggy let me know. If the weather is right this weekend or next weekend I’ll be out there with my family testing out the 4H lol

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I have the premium soft top and love it. By the end of the season I was running safari more when the top needed to be up. Without the windows you can get the top up and down in a couple of minutes. The sunrider takes seconds and gives you a lot of the open air feel so that was perfect when I just wanted a little air on the ride home.

I never run top-down on the highway. It really just isn't enjoyable to me over 50mph.

And I just got some moving blankets from Harbor Freight and put my windows in the back in between them so they don't stick together or get too scratched. But to be honest they are already a little trashed.

I am pretty confident if I had a hard top I would rarely take it off and even the Freedom Panels are more work than the soft top.

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DravenGSX maybe @Jondrew might want to link up with you guys?

Also, I’m going to Jeep week in Daytona Beach in April.

If you guys to a beach run in St Auggy let me know. If the weather is right this weekend or next weekend I’ll be out there with my family testing out the 4H lol
We'll be posted up on the beach right behind the Daytona Resort and Conference Center Friday, and Saturday of Jeep Beach. You won't be able to miss all the pirate flags I'm sure. If we don't see you before, make sure you drop by and say hello.

This weekend we're participating in Wreaths Across America, but a beach trip could possibly be in order for next weekend.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
We'll be posted up on the beach right behind the Daytona Resort and Conference Center Friday, and Saturday of Jeep Beach. You won't be able to miss all the pirate flags I'm sure. If we don't see you before, make sure you drop by and say hello.

This weekend we're participating in Wreaths Across America, but a beach trip could possibly be in order for next weekend.
Will do man ill be down there cruising around on that Friday/Saturday and Sunday I will find you all for sure.

Let me know man and I will make a run out there.

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
I have the premium soft top and love it. By the end of the season I was running safari more when the top needed to be up. Without the windows you can get the top up and down in a couple of minutes. The sunrider takes seconds and gives you a lot of the open air feel so that was perfect when I just wanted a little air on the ride home.

I never run top-down on the highway. It really just isn't enjoyable to me over 50mph.

And I just got some moving blankets from Harbor Freight and put my windows in the back in between them so they don't stick together or get too scratched. But to be honest they are already a little trashed.

I am pretty confident if I had a hard top I would rarely take it off and even the Freedom Panels are more work than the soft top.
@BestopTeam any chance you are going to be offering replacement windows anytime soon? The road grime from the winter has really torched my windows

Sponsored

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
Dual top owner with the PST here. I'm in WI, so I put the hard top on. I had the soft top on for a few weeks in Oct/Nov. Its maybe a hair louder than the hard top, but not much. The insulation on the hardtop is better even without headliners. I did find that the sunrider position was nice, but the hinges were a bit stiff on mine, maybe because it was only in the 50s. Looking forward to March/April when I will switch back..

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
I got the dual top. I expected to prefer the hardtop but I love the premium soft top and knowing what I know now I may have ordered just the PST. Like everyone else I also wish the windows didn't scratch so easy. I'm hoping Bestop offers replacement windows, I would keep the current pinstriped soft top windows for the trail and another set for DD.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The problem with replacing just the windows is if you wait too long the top will have faded a little and you get a two-tone look. My experience comes from a YJ but I basically had to wait until the whole top was trash and then replace it. Be glad you don't have to deal with rusted zippers and snaps like the old YJ tops.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
The reviews on the quadratec website arent the greatest. Looks like something that is good for storage at home, but not necessarily on the go. I imagined driving to work and coming out to beautiful weather and on a whim on my way to wherever putting the top down. Not sure that bag is the best for that. Know of anyone with first hand experience using it like that? I'd love to buy one but I need to make sure it will work as expected first.
Sponsored