Sponsored

Adams Automotive and the missing "glob of solder" (rear defroster)

OP
OP

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
So , why do you return ? Find a normal place .
The buying process was so great that I keep hoping the service department will get better. Sort of like we kept hoping my sister would find a better boyfriend. But she has a lazy eye so we have to accept the fact that smelly Steve is the best she's ever going to find.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
So what is the fix to this issue?

Just noticed mine has jumped ship as well.

IMG_20181124_131210.jpg

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
Why would you have sanded it? To what end??? Did you ask why she believes that you did this after you told her that you didn’t? What does she think you could possibly be trying to gain or achieve by sanding it, then bringing it to them to repair? So stupid.

And you’re right about Flacco. He’s better than average to good, but not great let alone elite. And Brees is 1 MVP and 1 more Super Bowl win away from being arguably in serious contention with Brady as the GOAT.
Brees over Brady? LOL. Wow.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what is the fix to this issue?

Just noticed mine has jumped ship as well.

IMG_20181124_131210.jpg
It's covered under warranty and dealership will replace the whole rear glass. Took a couple of days to come in and should take about an hour to swap out (having mine done on Monday). If you need it to work in the interim, you can hold the pigtail in place with painter's tape.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
It's covered under warranty and dealership will replace the whole rear glass. Took a couple of days to come in and should take about an hour to swap out (having mine done on Monday). If you need it to work in the interim, you can hold the pigtail in place with painter's tape.
Thank you!

I'll go tickle my dealer on Monday.

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
This happens a lot and not just on the JL.
Mine was repaired the next day, under warranty, by a local glass franchise. The dealership service technician set up the appointment right away. He has seen the issue many times beforehand.
The glass shop used some kind of conductive epoxy. It's been holding fine ever since and the rear defroster has been on quite a bit lately.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-defroster-unsoldered.7776/page-3#post-456414

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
Just took the Jeep back to the dealership because of the rear defroster issue and the lady accused me of sanding it (in an attempt to re-glue it) and said the warranty might not cover it. She said she's seen a lot of these come in and there's usually a glob of solder and they're never sanded.

Her: "I just wish you hadn't sanded it."
Me: "I didn't."
Her: "Yeah, you did."
Me: "I'm telling you I didn't."
Her: "Well, I took pictures of it."
Me:
99mjdl.jpg

There are two things of which I am absolutely certain: 1) Joe Flacco is not an elite quarterback and 2) I did not sand my defroster.

Now I'm wondering who did sand my defroster and removed the globs of solder. Anyone else have sand marks like this or a missing glob of solder?

vqrsqp.jpg

Jeep Wrangler JL Adams Automotive and the missing "glob of solder" (rear defroster) {filename}

I know this is a stupid little thing (rear defroster) but everything with this service department is a battle. I'm looking into the future. I'm realistically not expecting a trouble free ownership experience but if I have to deal with these guys on a bigger issue, I might just drive this thing off of the Bay Bridge and buy a moped.
Hello, mine has disconnected for the second time. This time a week after having it fixed from the first incident. Mine looks exactly the same, but luckily I never got accused of that sanding BS. The only issue I have is getting the service department to remember to do their jobs.

Sponsored

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
This happens a lot and not just on the JL.
Mine was repaired the next day, under warranty, by a local glass franchise. The dealership service technician set up the appointment right away. He has seen the issue many times beforehand.
The glass shop used some kind of conductive epoxy. It's been holding fine ever since and the rear defroster has been on quite a bit lately.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-defroster-unsoldered.7776/page-3#post-456414
Lucky, my service department likes to act like the internet doesnt exist, and their customers dont research this stuff. Ill try suggesting the glass epoxy.

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Lucky, my service department likes to act like the internet doesnt exist, and their customers dont research this stuff. Ill try suggesting the glass epoxy.
Be sure to mention conductive epoxy.
best of luck!

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Hello, mine has disconnected for the second time. This time a week after having it fixed from the first incident. Mine looks exactly the same, but luckily I never got accused of that sanding BS. The only issue I have is getting the service department to remember to do their jobs.
How was your’s fixed the first time? Did they replace your glass and the replacement glass failed?

OP
OP

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was just saying the same thing. I think service techs get acting lessons on how to properly act dumb.

"Vague steering? Broken defroster? Hmm... those are brand new complaints that I definitely do NOT hear three times a day."

Jeep Wrangler JL Adams Automotive and the missing "glob of solder" (rear defroster) {filename}

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How was your’s fixed the first time? Did they replace your glass and the replacement glass failed?
They replaced the whole window, and supposedly the actual rear defroster. The glass didn't fail, more so the actual substance used to connect the rear defroster to the glass.
Sponsored