Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
There is a few things in life that can help improve your man card points:

1. Having a beard (or the ability to grow one). Not currently but had one in the past....check
2. $h!tting with the door open. Loud and proud, baby. Check
3. Ability to make beef jerky. Made venison jerky from a deer I killed and field dressed...double check
4. Being in the military, a Police Officer, a Firefighter, a helicopter pilot, or MLB pitcher. Was a Navy officer, I'll give myself 75% of a check :D
5. Weighing over 200lbs Check and then some, yikes
6. Owning a Jeep Wrangler. Boom, check

*While these are simply suggestions and there are more things that can help you, this would be a good start. LOL

D448251A-5F8B-4ABC-B5C8-33E67884968B.jpeg
I bought my Wrangler because:

-Was far more interesting than all the other boring CUVs and SUVs and light pickups I looked at...they were all boooooooring

-Top comes off

-Doors come off

-Not a huge offroader, but take it off road on occasion hunting, etc.

-Great in the snow/inclement weather

-fits my 2 kids and wife and our crap just fine and even has fancy luxury items like a heated steering wheel

Basically, it's the ultimate do it all vehicle. Convertible, tows stuff, goes offroad, great to drive around town, fun like Legos to take apart and reconfigure, nice and comfy inside, works great in snow

What's not to love??
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my Wrangler because:

-Was far more interesting than all the other boring CUVs and SUVs and light pickups I looked at...they were all boooooooring

-Top comes off

-Doors come off

-Not a huge offroader, but take it off road on occasion hunting, etc.

-Great in the snow/inclement weather

-fits my 2 kids and wife and our crap just fine and even has fancy luxury items like a heated steering wheel

Basically, it's the ultimate do it all vehicle. Convertible, tows stuff, goes offroad, great to drive around town, fun like Legos to take apart and reconfigure, nice and comfy inside, works great in snow

What's not to love??
Looks like you’re in the fun club brutha!!

Chris D

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKURHR, 2019 JL
Because the wifey had a hard time opening the doors on the JK. And my beloved bride gave my JK to my son for college in the Northern wilds of Michigan. I also have a better idea of what I want to do with my JL, so only ordered the factory options i didn't feel like messing around with, ya know, power/tow package, heated seats, Rubicon, some other fu fu stuff. I won't feel bad with a lift, bumpers, fenders, winch which are all aftermarket anyway.

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
We actually started out to purchase a side by side. After pricing the one we wanted, we decided it wasn’t worth the cost with all the accessories. The Jeep does everything we want and is a lot more comfortable than a side by side.

Sponsored

Grayce's mom

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara 2018
I bought my wrangler because I wanted something fun to drive. I didn’t want a sedan or suv anymore. Now, after my JL has sitting in the lot of the service area for 30 consecutive days waiting for repairs, I am regretting my decision.

OP
OP
JimmyDoom

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I bought my wrangler because I wanted something fun to drive. I didn’t want a sedan or suv anymore. Now, after my JL has sitting in the lot of the service area for 30 consecutive days waiting for repairs, I am regretting my decision.
oh no, that's terrible. What happened to it?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I went on vacation with my wife last year and we decided to rent a Wrangler to drive around in out west. We flew into Colorado and decided to drive all the way out to Fruita and then back to Denver, kind of just a road trip to check out fun outdoor spots. Then, we decided that since Moab wasn't that much farther away, we should just go there as well. Spent a couple days in Moab and we loved it, as did the Wrangler. Ended up spending more time there and pretty much wrote off Fuita all together. Spent the good part of the year back home telling myself I dont need a Wrangler in the midwest until I got bored enough with my Grand Cherokee Limited that I swapped into what I have today. Solidified my purchase this year when we went to EJS and wheel'd some more with a rental Jeep (I planned the trip not know what EJS was, and already booked the flights and rentals before I bought my JL). Love it and couldn't see myself with anything else. Going back to EJS next year, definitely driving my JL out there and if possible (weather) pit stops for black bear / imogene.

Rental: (Turo)

20170621_180058.jpg

Retal: (EJS from Cliffhanger)

IMG_20180327_141942.jpg

Mine:

IMG_20180914_110001.jpg

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
love the 2a's guys. i'm thinkin i wanna mod up my 3a, since it's not in as nice of shape as those 2a's and will never be. so i'm thinking 35 or 37's and maybe a kubota diesel conversion from overland, since greg's a buddy of mine.

Sponsored

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
The allure of the Jeep has alluded fpr many years, since my youth really. My mom's friend had a wrangler, and my uncle had a Grand Cherokee. When i saved up enough to get my first vehicle, in 2001, i was looking at a nice used XJ... I REALLY wanted it but the deal fell through and i ended up with a 2dr Pontiac Grand Am. After a number of years with the Grand Am, it was time again for a new vehicle.. I went to the Jeep dealership in 2007 and saw the most amazing thing ever, they now had a 4 door Wrangler! Being young and poor though I couldnt afford it. Instead I opted for the Jeep Patriot. Practical and affordable, for me at the time. Fast forward to 2018. The patriot is still running but going to the shop more frequently and we need a third vehicle anyways. Being older and with more money to work with, and with the new JL wrangler coming out, I couldnt contain myself! Finally, I was able to answer the call of the Wrangler and I couldn't be happier!!! Now finding the money to mod it out is my biggest problem, but i figure i have many years to make improvements to my Jeep, just glad I finally got one. I'm already thinking about my next vehicle in 15 years or so, I'll step up from a Sport to a Rubicon! I honestly cant see myself every driving anything else other than a Wrangler going forward.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Have had my JLUR for the past 4 days. All of my initial JL purchase reasons have been over shadowed by the sheer FUN factor of this rig.

This is my 3rd 4x4. Lots of adventure damage on the previous rigs. I may be a bit gentler on this one . . . Maybe not. Lol

Grayce's mom

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara 2018
oh no, that's terrible. What happened to it?
Death wobble and severe steering play.
So this stuff:
1. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sist-steering-lockup-at-highway-speeds.12226/ (can affect any speed, not just highway speeds)

2. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/steering-wheel-wobble.16577/page-8#post-436030 (check to see if this applies via date code) (This is an example of a general Star case, not specific to one specific VIN/Vehicle).

3. Check for loose ball joint nuts, and other steering andsuspension fasteners: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rangler-jl-steering-related-components.18510/ and https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...has-play-and-drifts.3691/page-142#post-426243

4. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...vements-pcm-reprogram-september-7-2018.15739/

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Death wobble and severe steering play.
So this stuff:
1. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sist-steering-lockup-at-highway-speeds.12226/ (can affect any speed, not just highway speeds)

2. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/steering-wheel-wobble.16577/page-8#post-436030 (check to see if this applies via date code) (This is an example of a general Star case, not specific to one specific VIN/Vehicle).

3. Check for loose ball joint nuts, and other steering andsuspension fasteners: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rangler-jl-steering-related-components.18510/ and https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...has-play-and-drifts.3691/page-142#post-426243

4. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...vements-pcm-reprogram-september-7-2018.15739/
Sorry to hear you are having problems. Hopefully they get resolved soon. If not, you have the option of Lemon Law. I see you are in NJ. Here is a link to some helpful info. Good luck with this.

https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/News/Brochures/Lemon-Law-Road-to-Relief-Brochure.pdf

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '16 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Sorry for the length -- I'm glad you asked, as this vehicle has had a huge impact on our lives, and I'm excited to share.

My journey to the JLUR is a bit convoluted, but here goes. I had a '99 Mustang Cobra convertible until 2011 when my daughter was born. Traded that for an '06 300C SRT8. Loved the luxury and power, and drove it for several years, meticulously maintaining it. I got hot and heavy into motorcycles, and wanted to put my money into them, so sold the 300, and got an econobox that I instantly regretted. But, 7 motorcycles in 5 years was a pretty fun hobby.

Ultimately, with my daughter getting a bit older, priorities changed and the motorcycles ended up sitting in the garage more than not. So, I found a used JK Rubicon at a local dealer that was everything I wanted, lifted, big tires, manual, soft top. I missed my convertible. Went to test drive it, and it was a disaster. I learned then not to use cheap suspension parts. Ended up trading the bikes in for a 2015 Ram Big Horn. Loved the truck (have since upgraded that one to a Longhorn that is amazing). Picked up a 2016 75th anniversary Grand Cherokee Limited for the wife, and it was unfortunately totaled after just 43 days of ownership.

This was in May of 2017. We went round and round about what we were going to replace it with. We looked at JGC Trailhawks, Overlands, and Summits and loved them all. It was at this time that I joined this forum and started learning as much as I could about the JL. I still wanted a Wrangler, but just couldn't quite fall in love with the JK. My wife let me have a mid-life crisis, and took my truck so I could get a Challenger Scat Pack. We found a leftover 6 speed, and my dealer made me a deal that I couldn't refuse. I absolutely loved that car. The power on demand was amazing. It was loud, in your face, and definitely wouldn't back down from a fight. But, when the weather got to be below 70 degrees, first gear was nothing but a smoke show, and it just wasn't practical. I put 8,000 miles on it in a year.

If you're still reading, I'm finally getting to the point. The JLs had been out for 7 months now, and I was still following this forum every day. Turned off by the welds, but also with no self control, I took my wife by the dealership to check them out, since she hadn't seen one in person yet. We drove a Sahara and a Rubicon - hated the Sahara, it wandered all over the road. Loved the Rubicon, and preferred the cloth seats. They had one on the lot that had everything I had on my list (steel bumpers, LED, soft top, tow package, 3.6L, Nav), but I wasn't thrilled with black. My salesman thought I was crazy when I crawled under the front of it to inspect the track bar weld. We made a good deal, with a great trade for my Challenger (just in time before the new wide body scats hit the dealers!), and drove it home that day.

I was psyched to have a convertible again, and the next day was beautiful so we dropped the top and had an awesome family day. The next day was raining, so we found a dirt road, and got it filthy. Got caught in a rain storm without the windows a week later, and ripped out the carpet. Sprayed red Raptor liner in the entire tub, and haven't looked at the carpet since.

What I didn't realize at the time was how much this vehicle would change our lives. My wife and daughter absolutely love it with the doors off (my daughter is always disappointed when we have them on, in fact). Riding like this reminds me of being on the motorcycle, only I get to enjoy it with my family, which means so much more. Additionally, we have been introduced to so many amazing people in the Jeep community. Jeepers really are special people. We have made amazing friends, and spend more time as a family with this vehicle than I could have imagined. 3 months in - 5,000 miles - all of them amazing.
Sponsored