Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
I agree Dan, I love that kind of Kool-Aid! Same goes for my Mopar 2 inch. It was installed by a dealer that knew what they were doing! I’m sorry some people have problems with this lift. But I I am very satisfied with it. And also mine is barely above two inches. Axles are also centered, my jeep is heavy, especially on the front with a winch and components! I had originally lost 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch in front with stock suspension because of the winch. I got that amount back plus around 2 inches. Also I do not think all of these JL jeeps are set up equally from the factory. If they were we would not hear so much about steering issues on stock jeeps While other JL jeeps drive perfectly!
All good points. I've read somewhere that the reason the Mopar lift nets over 2" is because they anticipate Jeep owners adding heavier front and rear bumpers as well as a winch which in turn would drop the net height gained down to around 2." Also, there must be a difference between adding the Mopar lift to a Sport vs a Sahara vs a Rubicon.
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I bought my new JL with the 2'' Mopar lift installed by the dealer.
It rides great !!!!
Which JL model did you buy?

My local dealer has a lifted Rubicon Unlimited on the lot with 35s. May swing on by and test drive and see how it compares to my Mopar lifted Sahara.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
2" Mopar lift - 35 Toyo - 20 x 9 Black Rhinos = Zero Issues . apx. 12.5K miles - avg 18.5 smiles per gallon - still rides great - still has great response
one recall fixed - cracked windshield getting replaced Tuesday ............Love my Rig

013.jpg

20180602_123117.jpg

La Sancha.JPG

Sponsored

Mantacon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey JLUR
Yes, this has been my experience as well. I am constantly making micro adjustments to keep my Jeep steering straight down the road. I am also considering adding the Rock Krawler front and rear adjustable track bars. I'd be interested to hear if adding these components correct your tracking issues. I also netted more than 2" of lift. Not sure why Mopar continues to call this a 2" lift and why they didn't do a better job field testing the kit. It is definitely not a complete kit as the "kool aid" drinkers would lead you to believe. I installed my lift myself as I don't trust off road shops or the dealer's mechanics to do the same meticulous job as I did. The install was very straight forward. I am not totally dissatisfied with the lift but I do think it needs some tweaking and additional components and I do think there are better options out there.
I found the components that a guy from a shop spebs numerous hours trying to find the root cause of the Mopar issues. At the minimum it should be a front adjustable track bar and adjustable lower control arms. I also went with the rear adjustable track bar and relocation bracket to correct the geometry. I have a Rubicon and others who have sports and Sahara's may have different experience.

terryb

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
What kind of gas mileage are y'all getting wit 35's and 2 inch lift?

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Here's mine on 35s

42405253464_9d81470570_c.jpg

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Then on 37s. It's my daily driver and I wheel it hard.

IMG_2264.jpg

E4F0118C-3EF0-46EF-B487-EC39F6164E78.jpeg

Sponsored

Sinningdf

First Name
Sinning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
New to the forum so I apologize because I know this topic has been talked to death. I need some experienced advice as my 2019 JLUR 3.6L 6 speed is on order and I was planning on installing a Mopar 2" with 35s.

Yes, I prefer the look of the 37s BUT this will be my daily driver (~120km/day highway) so concerned about the ride, handling, road noise, need to regear - don't care about fuel economy, tire wear.

SO without getting highjacked by pictures of 2" lifts and 37s can people please post some pictures of their Rubicons with 35s and lifts. Does this actually exist?

1) for those that do have this setup are you happy with your choice of 35s?
2) those with 37s can you give some feedback on the above concerns as a daily driver?

Thanks!
JLUR SAHARA with 2 inch Mopar Lift with 35/12.5R20 TOYO. Rides and drives great!

Jeep Sahara -3.jpg

Jeep Sahara -4.jpg

Jeep Sahara -1.jpg

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
Well I have not installed the Mopar 2 lift yet, but did get my 35/12.5/17's on. Honestly wish I would have went with 315/70/17's, but I am ok with the 35's. Don't like the spare situation, and that the tires sit a total of 3.5" outside the fenders, appx 1.75" of tread past the fender. BUT the ride is better, the steering bullcrap issue is better just with the tire change. Nitto Ridge Grapplers exceeded my expectations, no noise, better ride, better handling than KO2's. Lift next.
DSC03524.JPG
DSC03528.JPG
DSC03540.JPG

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What kind of gas mileage are y'all getting wit 35's and 2 inch lift?
Around 16.8 mpg combined highway and city.
Sponsored