Sponsored

Why do some people bother buying wranglers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtimbrook

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Y'all do realize BleepinJeep has been around for like 8 years or so now? They tend to focus on older Jeep's (with a lighthearted jest) but as new Jeep's roll out they create content for those Jeep's. I've used quite a few of their video's in the past with issues I've had with previous Jeep's and have been pretty thankful for them considering they're one of the very few working through the whole problem start to finish. Is this video for everyone, probably not, but it's pretty funny nonetheless...
Sponsored

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
The video publish date is Dec 5, 2018 (see screen capture below). The fix is dated Oct 16, 2018. Or am I reading something wrong somewhere?

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 3.39.42 PM.png
I was referring to the lite brite video. What is the video publish date anyhow? The date posted to you tube, the date the video was taped, etc.? Its not good information without having that definition.
I did see his video too though. I agree with most of his complaints. The padding FCA used is really crap.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I mean I do not understand why some people buy wranglers. I mean this guy complains about everything from window switch location to completing the steering of the Jeep to be a tundra .I mean doesn't he know that love solid axles are different than IDF. Here is his video but fair warning, you may yell at the guy throughout.
Let me propose a theory Greg why I think people complain about the Wrangler that centers around cost, pickiness, and frustration.

I saw this video. I consider myself very open to people criticizing the rig I own--some reasons people cite are in fact are quite reasonable, and yet I found this guy just too picky.

I think I stopped listening to him with an open mind when he complained about not being to keep his left elbow up. First, did he not get to try the rig before he bought it? Second, safety might suggest he hold the steering wheel with his elbows down, should he need to make a quick evasive maneuver.

But speaking in generalities I understand why people complain about the Wrangler at times, if not accept it. They feel the rig's expensive, don't like that it's required some service visits (e.g. recall) and they're frustrated that the market lacks other choices, maybe with more standard features, at less money.

I'm reminded of something someone wise told me. "Save your complaining for the really big stuff. People don't want to hear it: just as you don't want to hear theirs, as we all face adversity. Secondly, so much of the bad stuff we face is a product of our own decisions."

This is not to say that constructive criticism, which is both reasonable and apt to offer methods of improvement isn't valuable.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I thought its was funny and some of those things I agree with too as improvements that could be made next time around.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
186AC097-4013-49FB-A8A3-F3FE79A21C7A.png
Funny that the OPā€™s little green active dot on his avatar is on. Heā€™s not even chiming in here, just trolling the feedback. Also, the shorts arenā€™t offensive, except on this guy and if you skip leg day or have soda straws for legsā€”I own a pair. Itā€™s the v-neck that triggers me.

Sponsored

Yoyo27983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU billet
I
I feel like this is important too. People bitch about ā€œI spent $50k and it makes a funny noise!ā€ Yeah? Well, the trails and obstacles I drove through less than 24 hours ago.... very FEW vehicles would have survived, let alone enjoyed it and asked for more. Youā€™re buying a Jeep!
Would LOVE to see more YouTube content showing JL sports doing their thing in mud and rocks as opposed to all the videos on Rubicans.

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Hey, I go wheeling once a month! Maybe I should start a YouTube channel! :)

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Warning: people who has OCD should not buy Wrangler (or any product from FCA), you will be driven crazy by numerous minor nuisances, if not big issue.

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
So I would be able to read the comments and understand better I went ahead and watched all 19 minutes of the video. There were only 2 items that stood out to me and the rest were different and not at all bothersome. First those foam pieces. I don't dislike them but am perplexed as to why they are above the door seals. What do they do? I certainly don't hate them just don't understand their purpose. The other was concerning and I never knew older V6 Jeeps did this: going up (super) steep grades causes oil blow by. I'm assuming that's what it is. Albeit I can't ever imagine going up that steep of a grade.

I can't think of anything I "hate" about my Jeep. Maybe there's things that are different and quirky but they will just take time to get used to - like the window switches. I'm a Jeep owner, not a top of the line high performance or luxury car owner. I can pull a nylon loop to adjust my seat back. :cwl:

And all of the above goes for any other video out there. Click bait yes but they are there for our entertainment. Not a said all. Did I have to pay to watch the video? No. Some advertiser or YT did. Take it with a grain of salt. At least he can make video. As for me - I suck at it. ha ha!

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
this guy gets mad respect. from most veteran jeepers. so i can only assume, if you are dissing this guy, you are probably a first time jeep owner and have never heard of matt. or you take your wrangler to a shop, browse the catalogue, pick out a few parts and pick it up when the shop calls to tell you it's ready.
he's an xj guy, has been for years. so am i, so i have been following matt for at least 8 to 10 years. he has many good vids on shop tool comparisons, as well as good diy vids on fabrication with, mostly xj, but all around jeep fab, even his dump truck made it into a vid. lol.
and he never wears that getup, at least, not while he's grinding or welding. you don't get to see him often outside of the shop. this vid is a first for me too.
i am a long time subscriber of his channel. he's a good guy. very knowledgeable.
the JL is his wife's jeep.

Sponsored

hai5rockin

First Name
Hai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patriot, MOAB 19
well it's all personal perspective. I didn't care for the video as I love every aspects of my JL thus far.

OP
OP
GregMG79

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
186AC097-4013-49FB-A8A3-F3FE79A21C7A.png
Funny that the OPā€™s little green active dot on his avatar is on. Heā€™s not even chiming in here, just trolling the feedback. Also, the shorts arenā€™t offensive, except on this guy and if you skip leg day or have soda straws for legsā€”I own a pair. Itā€™s the v-neck that triggers me.
So I took a look at some of the feedback but troll? I am sorry but get a life bro .

OP
OP
GregMG79

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
As far as feed back, didn't realize that am1978 was waiting and yearning for a response.

As far as why some people buy jeeps without looking into what you are really getting, I guess some people just like the look .Kills me when I see things tired on wranglers or even though stick on fake holes that used to be a thing. I look at this as function first. That being said it looks great and drives great to me.

The thing I dislike most are the stock headlights, but that aftermarket assortsment is finally starting to show promise .

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
The thing I dislike most are the stock headlights, but that aftermarket assortsment is finally starting to show promise .
The OEM LED package is pretty good (except for the abyssally non-existent backup lights). And, yes, I think I just made up the word abyssally :like:

But the velvet on the back of the seat belt buckle... had to laugh about that.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
So I took a look at some of the feedback but troll? I am sorry but get a life bro .
Lol...and no, I was not yearning for a response. I watched your video. I didnā€™t care for it. With all of your complaints you have against it, why did you buy a JL?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.