First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
2018 JL Sport S with 2.0 turbo.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced this as explained below:

I turned my dash lights down using the dimmer wheel. Everything is fine until one day it started raining, so I turned on my intermittent wipers. After about two swipes the dash lights went completely off. I repeated this several times trying to figure out why this was happening. I then turned the dimmer wheel all the way up (not dimmed position) and the dash lights stayed on while the wipers were running. Is this a know electrical problem? I have only had this jeep for about 3 weeks, so I guess I'll be making a trip back to the dealer.

Thanks for any feed back.
HPJEFF
Sponsored

seguerski

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S 3.6L Sting Gray, 2014 Jeep MK Compass Latitude 2.4L
Most likely, you have headlights on with wipers enabled in settings. when headlights are on, the interior lights naturally dim a bit (unless dimmer on highest setting below interior lights on).

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
Most likely, you have headlights on with wipers enabled in settings. when headlights are on, the interior lights naturally dim a bit (unless dimmer on highest setting below interior lights on).
This.....

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Damn, I was noticing the same thing. Thought it was my imagination.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
yes, what seguerski said.

Pay attention next time if the screen dimming is in sync with the headlights coming on (about a 20-30 second delay from the wipers turning on)

Typically this is not an issue for me, but i have noticed during daytime, that it did get a bit dark and I had to turn the screen up some, whereas at nighttime it is not as much of an issue. It most likely is just ambient light causing the sensation.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HPJEFF

HPJEFF

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
That is exactly what it was. I appreciate the tip.

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
There are lots of things you can turn on or adjust. My radio was cutting out alot turned out i had my setting set to cut out audio when my favorite song was playing on another channel. Changed it to just flash favorite light on dash.
Didnt want to rob thread, just saw that setting when i was addressing my issue.
Just fyi
Thx
Sponsored