Sponsored

Why do some people bother buying wranglers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I mean I do not understand why some people buy wranglers. I mean this guy complains about everything from window switch location to completing the steering of the Jeep to be a tundra .I mean doesn't he know that love solid axles are different than IDF. Here is his video but fair warning, you may yell at the guy throughout.
#9 Loud Cooling Fan. Ummm, that's been fixed. That guy in the video might want to spend some time in the Recall, TSB, Issues thread. The video publish date is Dec 5, 2018. The fix is dated Oct 16, 2018.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rol-module-pcm-updates-october-16-2018.17794/
Sponsored

Last edited:

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

It’s funny how loud that fan is, but like another AZbro pointed out, I’d much prefer max air displacement in summer temps over less noise. Unless the noise isn’t even tied to the output in which case I’ll take less noise. But I’m half deaf anyway, doesn’t bother me.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Sport
Occupation
Tech
I make it a point to NEVER EVER watch any YouTube titled “x things I hate about ___”

Invariably just worthless clickbait. Kinda like the “One weird trick to ____” articles.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I make it a point to NEVER EVER watch any YouTube titled “x things I hate about ___”

Invariably just worthless clickbait. Kinda like the “One weird trick to ____” articles.
FB_IMG_1544407267154.jpg

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I mean I do not understand why some people buy wranglers. I mean this guy complains about everything from window switch location to completing the steering of the Jeep to be a tundra .I mean doesn't he know that love solid axles are different than IDF. Here is his video but fair warning, you may yell at the guy throughout.
I won't even watch it based on how short his shorts are in the screen shot.
Second to that he's probably piggy backing off of @Kevin8086 wife (liteBrite) and wanting FCA to respond. :)

Last edited:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I did like the pregnant bug breaking the windshield joke that was funny but probably true LOL

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Yeah, I don't watch these "# things we hate about our, my JL.

But That guy has a lot of good videos, learned a lot from his videos when I had my XJ.

Also every I hate this about my JL video, is not accurate...we hate these 5,9,10 things...but overall we love our JL, so do you love it, or hate it? or do you dislike a few things about it, and wish they were different.

Because if overall you love your JL, then you don't really HATE anything.
Maybe we could stop using the word hate, when we actually mean dislike

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
This whole thread is hate speech and it has triggered me. I will be driving my despised JL to a safe space where I can pet puppies in my JL.

Here's what I hate about my JL... that tomorrow it will have been in the shop 7 times in 10 months and now has a radiator leak.

Sponsored

FulThrotl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
he wants to make as much money as dude perfect, but he can't shoot hoops, and he doesn't look as good as brittany.

you are dealing with a disadvantaged person here. don't torment the handicapped.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP

bzjeep

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I watched until #1 which is actually broken into several electronics-related issues - one of them being that it's too easy to forget your key and suggests that they provide an obvious spot where you won't forget it... you mean like between the cupholders? Even the guy at the dealer when I bought mine didn't know about that and thought it was so neat that they made a spot for the oversized key fob...

He makes some valid points about the fender gap and the cheap foam/plastic parts, but the comments about all the electronic stuff were just ridiculous.

I also loved his middle-of-the-woods parked at an angle grocery demonstration =P

As for the fan issue. I'm having mine fixed this week. They are replacing the control module for the fan, so we'll see if that helps.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
If it is fixed now, great. However, the video was posted prior to the fix. There are many fan noise complaint videos on you tube as well.
I guess there needs to be a Wrangler "Now its fixed" video posted now.
The video publish date is Dec 5, 2018 (see screen capture below). The fix is dated Oct 16, 2018. Or am I reading something wrong somewhere?

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 3.39.42 PM.png
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.