Sponsored

Could someone check if the lease numbers have been released since its January?

OP
OP
kacper244

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
If you are expecting $300/month on a Rubicon JLU I think you are going to be very disappointed. What residual and money factor were you factoring in?
I never said Rubicon, I'm getting the Sport S. MSRP of just over 40k. Koons will sell it to me for $36K. But I got the $500 golden ticket and would like to use it before it expires.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I never said Rubicon, I'm getting the Sport S. MSRP of just over 40k. Koons will sell it to me for $36K. But I got the $500 golden ticket and would like to use it before it expires.
Sorry. I thought you were referring to the $47k vehicle above. Now that I look at it it is actually a Sahara.

Sport S in the $300s is definitely doable. That's what I am doing. My build is just a little lower than yours.

Have you talked to Koons about leasing? I didn't get a warm and fuzzy. They won't give me any numbers on a lease until the vehicle ships. But I think I will try to get them to quote a lease price on one on their lot before I order just to get a sense.

let's stick together on this.

OP
OP
kacper244

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry. I thought you were referring to the $47k vehicle above. Now that I look at it it is actually a Sahara.

Sport S in the $300s is definitely doable. That's what I am doing. My build is just a little lower than yours.

Have you talked to Koons about leasing? I didn't get a warm and fuzzy. They won't give me any numbers on a lease until the vehicle ships. But I think I will try to get them to quote a lease price on one on their lot before I order just to get a sense.

let's stick together on this.
I did talk to Koons about leasing and Craig told me the same thing, no lease numbers until the vehicle ships. That's a good idea on getting them to quote one on their lot. I'll let you know what my local dealer quotes me today.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Careful leasing out of state. You could end up in a total cluster F. I won't do it for this reason. The taxes change based on where you are registering it, then the payment changes. It's just a mess I avoid all together anymore.

Feenix_ST

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Was at my dealer testing out a Sahara JLU. I have a Rubi on order and plan on leasing it. I asked him if lease companies have their numbers out yet and he said only one does so far and all he said was that their #s are horrible. We are waiting for Chrysler Capital to come out with theirs before we run numbers. I have two leases with CC and they have been great. Hoping any day now we'll be getting leasing #s from all the lease companies.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Was at my dealer testing out a Sahara JLU. I have a Rubi on order and plan on leasing it. I asked him if lease companies have their numbers out yet and he said only one does so far and all he said was that their #s are horrible. We are waiting for Chrysler Capital to come out with theirs before we run numbers. I have two leases with CC and they have been great. Hoping any day now we'll be getting leasing #s from all the lease companies.
Let us know what you find out.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Careful leasing out of state. You could end up in a total cluster F. I won't do it for this reason. The taxes change based on where you are registering it, then the payment changes. It's just a mess I avoid all together anymore.
Honestly its the thing that is keeping me from committing to Koons at this point. I would be much more comfortable with a local dealer to work through leasing ahead of time if they can even come close on price.

I am going to go ahead and get approved for a credit union loan as a back up before I talk to any dealer about financing.

OP
OP
kacper244

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let us know what you find out.
They said one is already sold and on the other one they want $499 with $2k down. I walked out. :swear:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
They said one is already sold and on the other one they want $499 with $2k down. I walked out. :swear:
For a Sport? What was the MSRP on it?

This is why y'all need to negotiate a price first. Then talk lease and make them give you a residual value so you can back into a money factor. I think they just play the payment game with lease buyers to see what they will bite on.

SoCalRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Livonia Chrysler Jeep told me $657 for a 36 month lease with 12k miles, $0 down, actually it was 39 months. He said Chrysler capital added 3 months because they don’t like vehicles to be returned in the winter.

A32CF982-18B5-423F-B169-4B6C731EDCAE.jpeg
Total BS.
They are lying to you.
That's just a standard lease term now.
They advertise 36 or 39 month leases.
Nothing to do with "winter returns".
Tell them you want a 36 month lease or you'll go to another dealer and I bet they'll offer you a 36 month lease.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Total BS.
They are lying to you.
That's just a standard lease term now.
They advertise 36 or 39 month leases.
Nothing to do with "winter returns".
Tell them you want a 36 month lease or you'll go to another dealer and I bet they'll offer you a 36 month lease.
Dealers, and often customers, like 39 month leases because they often have the same residual as 36 month leases. Same cost spread over 3 more months lowers the payments.

Not as good for your trade-in value and also takes you 3 months out of warranty.

JGrand48219

First Name
J. Grand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 2011 Chevy Camaro SS, 2016 Harley Road Glide

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Chrysler Residuals : on 15k miles no standard rate available that I can find
Tiers 1-3 Only
12,000 Miles to 10,001 miles able to add:
1 point for 24 & 27 months, 2 points for 36, 39, & 42 months, 3 points for 48 months.
Up to 10,000 miles able to add:
2 points for 24 & 27 months, 3 points for 36, 39, & 42 months, 4 points for 48 months.

Sorry its outta wack a bit but I think you get it.

upload_2018-1-13_19-40-10.png

upload_2018-1-13_19-39-32.png
upload_2018-1-13_19-39-43.png

BrooklynJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
So my JL Sahara build, at 3% below invoice, comes to $46206.92. With NJ taxes etc, the total out the door is $50,654.82 .

No idea how to use the residuals posted, can one of you guys give me a fair monthly lease payment to look for?

I plan on paying taxes/fees up front, so $4,447.90 out of pocket.

My guy doesn’t have lease figures yet so I need a heads up from you guys. Thank you...
Sponsored