Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
What do you have to support where the frames are made. I would like to know myself other than a I said it was made in USA or China.
Your frame should say “made in USA”

9949933E-3D34-468B-A273-38BC5A401571.png
Sponsored

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That's the daily output I was wanting to know start to finish. An answer like " it takes 5 days to build from start to finish."

Thanks for your reply!
Some of the tracking threads showed D1 to KZ in a day.That is D1 – gateline: unit sequenced for production, est ship date assigned, Approx time in station – 12 days to KZ – released by plant and invoiced. There are quite a few instances where something was held up for months though. You probably know but incase people are popping in reading, they are scheduled to take the lines down for 2 days while they make changes for the 19s.

Fingers crossed for our '19's they have all the parts, the lines get converted to the '19's smoothly and extra attention is paid to some of the things that have caused some '18 owners headaches. I wholeheartedly feel like 19s frames are going to be on point if anything because its going to cost FCA quite a bit for the recall. It's best they pop up better than ever.

Right now we can be excited as we approach the end of the month for news the lines are being converted.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Attention @JeepCares Please forward this thread to your upper management. Jeep should be SLOWING down your production line to improve quality, not increasing production. Yes, as mentioned in this thread, FCA can blame suppliers for quality issues, but your factory should be inspecting/rejecting failed parts like the frame issue and your brand is on the overall vehicle. Other vehicle manufacturers also outsource some parts, and their quality is better per the Consumer Reports survey - so if they can do it, so can you. How on earth did a basic inspection not catch something so very obvious, and especially on a vehicle that is supposed to be rugged? Maybe fire your inspection people at the factory and get someone who doesn't miss something so obvious? #20 in quality ranking per Consumer Reports is embarrassing and slowing your production down is required to improve your quality ranking. See Consumer Reports results below.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...ion/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/

consumerreports.jpg

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...ion/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Attention @JeepCares Please forward this thread to your upper management. Jeep should be SLOWING down your production line to improve quality, not increasing production. Yes, as mentioned in this thread, FCA can blame suppliers for quality issues, but your factory should be inspecting/rejecting failed parts like the frame issue and your brand is on the overall vehicle. Other vehicle manufacturers also outsource some parts, and their quality is better per the Consumer Reports survey - so if they can do it, so can you. How on earth did a basic inspection not catch something so very obvious, and especially on a vehicle that is supposed to be rugged? Maybe fire your inspection people at the factory and get someone who doesn't miss something so obvious? #20 in quality ranking per Consumer Reports is embarrassing and slowing your production down is required to improve your quality ranking. See Consumer Reports results below.

consumerreports.jpg

I agree. There is a little progress though. According to the chart Jeep actually moved UP 3 spots from 2017. Hopefully they can break into the top 50% one of these years.

sleepnclass

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Anyone know how many shifts the plant is currently working?

Sponsored

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
not enough... so it seems-

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Right now we're running two 10 hour shifts, 6 days a week and 1 shift on Sunday
Any guess to what caused so many Jeeps to get caught in Inspection since around Nov 10th? We still have a bunch stuck. :crying:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
In Operations Management there's this notion of Critical Path. It's best explained sometimes by what it's not.

Say a customer comes in for both electrical work and custom seat work service. That can happen simultaneously by different techs. But if those seats have some electrical component, their completion may have to wait on the electrical work because that aspect of the electrical work is in the critical path of completing the seat mod.

With the complexity that introducing new model variations of the Wrangler introduces, be it the Gladiator, or the 2020 hybrid, or more of the 2.0L, more chances for critical path collisions occur, barring hiring of additional staff and/or more workstations, and/or more work hours.

I wonder how much the call for an additional shift is demand: I suspect most, versus bottlenecks due to greater degrees of factory customization of the rig.

Sponsored

rjrubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Quality will always superseded quantity.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Corporate America says quantity over quality as long as the sales are strong and getting stronger . Nothing will change as long as there’s record sales , why would it ?

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
More shifts can't help when they don't seem to have parts for the two running. I did read where back a few years ago that with the two shifts they had mandatory OT and basically ran 20 hours a day. A third shift would increase their benefit cost by 33% I would assume. They would rather work people to death on 10 hour shifts (possibly being part of the quality problem)

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
More shifts can't help when they don't seem to have parts for the two running. I did read where back a few years ago that with the two shifts they had mandatory OT and basically ran 20 hours a day. A third shift would increase their benefit cost by 33% I would assume. They's rather work people to death on 10 hour shifts possibly being part of the quality problem
Overtime is 1.5. Third shift is heavy with temps. Maybe @JlEngineline could weigh in but i doubt benefits cost for third shift has anything to do with it. Overtime costs them more than beneifts and third shift also has less experienced workers so quality/productivity is probably lower.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Any guess to what caused so many Jeeps to get caught in Inspection since around Nov 10th? We still have a bunch stuck. :crying:
There's a backlog, I'm just curious how much longer until they work through it. Jeeps in 'I' don't have a single shared issue wrong with all of them, it's a multitude of issues. They just aren't getting through handling all of them quickly enough. New Jeeps are being built faster than old failed 'I' Jeeps are being repaired.
Sponsored