Lets see em' - Sunrider for JL on your Jeep

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Is anybody thinking about selling there freedom panels. I am thinking about it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
The top looks awesome on your rig!

I will be posting pictures all throughout the week, if you have an IG handle you would like me to tag please let me know!

I will pass along the info on the Z Clips in our meeting tomorrow!

CassieAtBestop

20181121_165633.jpg
20181121_172503.jpg
View attachment 113169
20181122_111329.jpg

20181122_111359.jpg

Pretty straight forward except for those Z clips!

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Great pictures!!

I will be posting pictures all throughout the week, if you have an IG handle you would like me to tag please let me know!

CassieAtBestop

Here's some quick pics I took last night and today. I missed getting a pic of the z-clips but it's best not to have a lasting memory of that part.

The box is big and everything inside is well packaged to prevent damage. A thinner box became my helper this morning. The back clip is a tight tight fit - just take your time. The twill top is superb inside and out (have to get some cleaner and protectant now). Installation really is a breeze all in all. Results are priceless. I don't mind the Bestop logo on the side rails but if you wanted to remove just use some fishing line and saw through the double sided tape then clean it up. They didn't appear to be riveted or anything. Any minor wrinkles will smooth out over time/sun - pics make them look worse than in real life. Freedom panels are now in their final resting place, stored in the bag and permanently placed in the basement.

Would I buy again? Definitely if there were ever a need. Now my Jeep will stand out from the rest and is truly personalized to my liking! Way to go Bestop! Thank you for offering such a high quality item at such a steal of a price!! :like::rock::clap:

Now as the turkey is roasting, it's time for :beer::flag:

P.s. Any funky lines in my pics are due to my older iMac not handling resolution well at all. Guess it's time to start saving up more pennies.

gBDUrhl1Tp+XX2w785bgcQ.jpg

fullsizeoutput_111a.jpeg

CPvXu0L1QMKAuMIo5T73eA.jpg

TVurT5QlS4SMYCvWa3EQdQ.jpg

ZZXkhfo5Qiy2BDzH0+rUfw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_113b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1147.jpeg

PoQ5B0UnT9SelA16FdShpA.jpg

dX4E6ZlCT6CBCIkNbXZ4Vg.jpg

HgcdwyQLQpWTbZkdW7yuVw.jpg

View attachment 113111

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Loving the JK and JL!

CassieAtBestop

Ok, here are a couple of the JL, and a couple JK bonus shots. I put the JK version on today, along with the sunshade. I will tell you all right now, the JL version is MUCH easier to assemble and install than the JK version. In the end, the fit on both is just amazing. The JL you can tell is very slightly more refined, as I'm sure they learned lessons from the JK. The JK version is also much tighter and makes a little bit more wind noise. Those little Z wires are nothing compared to the struggles of mounting that JK version, either. I 100% regret any complaining I did about those little things! Lol! ;)

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Looks like you had a fun time!

CassieAtBestop

@BestopTeam

Loving it :) You can use these if you would like.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Haha best picture!!

CassieAtBestop

I have the best picture if I say so myself. Install was 30 min maybe total.
20181123_143923.jpg

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Mind if i quote you on this in our post?

if you have an IG handle you would like me to tag please let me know!

CassieAtBestop

Temps were a tad warmer here today. I took the garden hose to the Sunrider on my 2dr. JL, today. Soaked it good, sprayed water from all angles and no leaks....

Was able to open and close the Sunrider without getting out of the JL. I had wondered if I would be able to, as I have an Alien Sunshade installed. Anyway, no problem...

Drove at 70+- mph and you would not know the open SR was up there. No noise, no buffeting, nada..

As for interior noise with the SR installed and in down/locked position..... Well, very slight difference in cabin sound, between when SR is on and locked down and when the Freedom Panels are on. I actually think I like the cabin sound better with the SR.

Also, around town, bumpy roads, smooth roads, around turns, etc... , no rattling, creaking or any noise being generated by the SR.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Thanks for info and pics, certainly seems like this would be far easier than taking off and storing the Freedom Panels.

How does this effect taking off the entire hard top? I plan on a bimini top all summer, then the hard top for the rest of the year. I'd like this option, but might think twice if it makes it much harder to take the top off for the summer.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@OldBird

If you have the Sunrider installed, you would remove it before you remove the hard top. To remove will take say 10 min. There are 6 torx bolts you remove and then lift the SR off. Really easy to do. SR weighs 38#.

After you put the hard top back on, it takes another 10 min. to bolt the Bestop SR for JL Hard top back on.

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Installed yesterday, very quick and easy. Looks and works awesome! The z-clips were not that bad.

B584807E-65A7-4739-8F4A-1D25D9168341.jpeg

113C18BC-31B6-4DFB-8459-5FB5A007D8F4.jpeg

6C3F6176-5303-4617-AFE1-9DE6680D1182.jpeg

2E667756-6997-4624-9726-01C320128EA6.jpeg

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I thought my Sunrider was going to have to sit in the box until spring, but it ended up being in the 60s today in Ohio!

Installation was really straightforward and went as quickly as described. I was getting paranoid about the z clips after reading all of the warnings, but they didn't cause any trouble at all.

Since my Jeep sits outside year round, the first thing I wanted to do was make sure it is watertight, so I ran the Jeep through a car wash.

Sunrider 09_2018-12-02.jpg

No leaks. (Stay Puft says hi.)

Then I immediately took it down a muddy trail to get some pictures with the top open. (I make fantastic life choices.)

Sunrider 04_2018-12-02.jpg

Sunrider 07_2018-12-02.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@MALL R8D

Looks great! Glad yo got-er done. You will be happy you just installed it now rather then waiting.. 8-)

As for the Z-Clips, no not that big a deal really. More of a pain fiddling with them.

You all that did later SR installs, had the benefit of hearing how other's dealt with the Z-Clips.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
@MALL R8D

Looks great! Glad yo got-er done. You will be happy you just installed it now rather then waiting.. 8-)

As for the Z-Clips, no not that big a deal really. More of a pain fiddling with them.

You all that did later SR installs, had the benefit of hearing how other's dealt with the Z-Clips.
Ya you took one for the team lol. It wasn't hard , I work on stuff everyday thats hard.
Sponsored