Sponsored

Anyone running 37s on stock Rubicon wheels?

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Who did you guys get to mount your 37s on the stock wheels?
Had the dealer install the tires on the rims. They also installed the Mopar lift as well. I added spydertrak wheel spacers to kick the wheels out for a nicer stance.
Sponsored

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Rubicon, no lift yet, but I am thinking of putting bigger tires on the stock wheels for winter and wheeling. With no lift, I assume a 37" tire would rub like crazy? Should I stick with a 35"?

AMG 18 JLUR

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C400 18Crosstrek 18JLUR? GX470 X5
In case anyone is still wondering. I just installed a 37X13.5X17 Discoverer STT Pros on my stock JLUR on stock wheels and stock suspension with no lift and they work fine for daily driving. All i did was install wheels spacers and they work fine no rubbing on full turns. I have to say though that i have not gone off road, but i think for light off roading it will work. it really looks good and im liking the low profile aggressive stance. i have ordered a lift but im thinking of running the way it is setup first and see how it works before installing the lift.

AMG 18 JLUR

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a Rubicon, no lift yet, but I am thinking of putting bigger tires on the stock wheels for winter and wheeling. With no lift, I assume a 37" tire would rub like crazy? Should I stick with a 35"?
I just installed a 37 X 13.5 X 17 on my JLUR and it works, on stock wheels and stock height.

AMG 18 JLUR

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed Rough Country's tire relocation bracket. It will fit a 37" just fine they just advise against it in worry its too much weight for the tailgate. With the changes to the tailgate it seems fine. Eventually I will either reinforce it or go with a whole new assembly but for now daily driving its fine.
i plan on deleting the tire carrier all together, save weight and improve gas mileage a little bit. also like the look of no spare tire.

Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

37" KO2 tires on stock Rubicon Wheels

CWWatkins

First Name
CAREY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 SILVERADO, 2017 TAHOE
5D63A26E-D968-4E88-8EF3-486D32E44806.jpeg
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Blacked out my rubicon rims to change the look up. 37s with Mopar lift
Curious to know I have 37x12.5 on the factory wheels JLUR with the spidertrax spacers. What pressure did you end up with and how is the wear? I was told because of the small rim width I would wear the middle out quickly.

halffrozen

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
IMG_3525.JPG
IMG_3530.JPG
jb fLEX 2.jpg
jb fLEX.jpg

37" KO2 tires on stock Rubicon Wheels with Spidertrax WHS024 1-3/4" Wheel Spacers plus the 2" Mopar Lift. No Rubbing, full turn.
Did you upgrade anything on this setup, besides what you've listed? Looks great, but I see tons of posts about upgrading axles and all that when putting 37s on these...

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Did you upgrade anything on this setup, besides what you've listed? Looks great, but I see tons of posts about upgrading axles and all that when putting 37s on these...
Oh they’re gonna break something soon. Finesse was not present.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Just what I have listed there. The axles on the new JL Rubicons are a lot stronger than the JK. I will eventual upgrade the shafts, but its fine for now.

Sponsored

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Curious to know I have 37x12.5 on the factory wheels JLUR with the spidertrax spacers. What pressure did you end up with and how is the wear? I was told because of the small rim width I would wear the middle out quickly.
I did the chalk test and running them at 29 psi and getting even wear.

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Just finished my install of 37's on Factory wheels with a TF1.5" lift on my 2 door. Still needs a few things before I go testing the Flex but it runs great on road, lock to lock with no wheel spacers. Took it down a couple back roads on the way to work this morning handled great at 30PSI. I Still need to chalk test the tires and dial in the pressure, feels a little firm on bumps On a Side note the Balancer at the Shop that I had the tires installed failed on first tire so no weights were installed and ZERO vibrations got it up to 70mph so far.(most highways in PA top out at 55/65) The spare did not fit on stock carrier but I'm going to try to take a little air out, it barely overlapped.

Before lift and Tires
Slider installed1.jpg
Slider installed2.jpg

After Lift and Tires
Tires1.jpg
Tires2.jpg

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Just finished my install of 37's on Factory wheels with a TF1.5" lift on my 2 door. Still needs a few things before I go testing the Flex but it runs great on road, lock to lock with no wheel spacers. Took it down a couple back roads on the way to work this morning handled great at 30PSI. I Still need to chalk test the tires and dial in the pressure, feels a little firm on bumps On a Side note the Balancer at the Shop that I had the tires installed failed on first tire so no weights were installed and ZERO vibrations got it up to 70mph so far.(most highways in PA top out at 55/65) The spare did not fit on stock carrier but I'm going to try to take a little air out, it barely overlapped.

Before lift and Tires
Slider installed1.jpg
Slider installed2.jpg

After Lift and Tires
Tires1.jpg
Tires2.jpg
Looks awesome. I really liked the factory wheels with no spacers. I had 37s on mine.

jeepfan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
In case anyone is still wondering. I just installed a 37X13.5X17 Discoverer STT Pros on my stock JLUR on stock wheels and stock suspension with no lift and they work fine for daily driving. All i did was install wheels spacers and they work fine no rubbing on full turns. I have to say though that i have not gone off road, but i think for light off roading it will work. it really looks good and im liking the low profile aggressive stance. i have ordered a lift but im thinking of running the way it is setup first and see how it works before installing the lift.
What size wheel spacers are you using?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
What size wheel spacers are you using?
Wow that's a really wide tire for a narrow wheel they can work yes but it ain't safe but I'm not going to argue with you that's my opinion and BrandsMart that are the tire business for a long time many many years won't even know something like that . And reason why they had people have the tire come off the wheel and disaster has happened you can run it probably be okay but there's been people that happen and that's why I love your tire stores disaster ha attire that why don't we all that narrow there's a reason they won't do it it's not because they don't want your business there's a reason because things have happened that wasn't good in the situation so they won't do it again. Like I said you may be fine but there's been people not over the years and it's just not recommended even though Tire manufacturers will tell you that's not recommended .there's a reason they have a wheel size for their tires when you're looking at tires on there sizing charts all chiropractors will tell you that's not safe to do like I said you can do it it's your get your vehicle to drive and something may never happen and you may be okay. But others have not
Sponsored