Sponsored

Turbo 2.0 exhaust upgrade

huckleberryshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Thanks for posting. How is the drone level in the cabin? Notice much during highway cruising?
Sponsored

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting. How is the drone level in the cabin? Notice much during highway cruising?
Not much when cruising at highway speed. More so around 35 to 45 MPH. It can't be too bad since my wife says it doesn't bother her

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Hey FUHL, Lou2.0 down here in Spokane - seems to me the wife has the mindset to speak "truth-to-stupid"! I like that !
To many "jackass's" on the road with everything but driving on their mind ! Other than that, can I ask you a few unrelated 2.0L eTorque questions? Thanks (in advance, ha). I'm getting closer to pulling A trigger, just not sure which trigger to pull - 3.6 ESS or 2.0L Turbo? Without sounding like a sales pitch for JEEP, can you give a subjective comment or 2 on YOUR experiences with the 2.0? I'm having real anxiety-issues concerning how Jeep "built" this - meaning the running of the wiring/cooling to the 48v package, including IT's location! Have yet to crawl under one at Lithia (not sure the back would support that idea). You seem to have a knack for the videoing, so could you take me (all of us) on a tour of the underside pointing out the items for the 2.0L eTorque/48v system? Jeep Informant's video has got me apprehensive, I'm afraid, but I sure do like the idea of driving a Wrangler with GOOD mpg's (to do my small bit for the Planet).
I have NO issues with the engine - though new to the USA, it has proven itself in Europe (Fiat's & Alfa's) for a few years now !? I've seen, in photo, the Blower, and 2 items that each look like they are either alternator or the eTorque Motor in the engine compartment !? I'm not auto-mechanically inclined, but I'm also not a nincompoop ! ;) :lipssealed: !
:clap: :clap: :clap: . . . these are members thanking you (in advance) for your response . . . :clap: , me too !

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey FUHL, Lou2.0 down here in Spokane - seems to me the wife has the mindset to speak "truth-to-stupid"! I like that !
To many "jackass's" on the road with everything but driving on their mind ! Other than that, can I ask you a few unrelated 2.0L eTorque questions? Thanks (in advance, ha). I'm getting closer to pulling A trigger, just not sure which trigger to pull - 3.6 ESS or 2.0L Turbo? Without sounding like a sales pitch for JEEP, can you give a subjective comment or 2 on YOUR experiences with the 2.0? I'm having real anxiety-issues concerning how Jeep "built" this - meaning the running of the wiring/cooling to the 48v package, including IT's location! Have yet to crawl under one at Lithia (not sure the back would support that idea). You seem to have a knack for the videoing, so could you take me (all of us) on a tour of the underside pointing out the items for the 2.0L eTorque/48v system? Jeep Informant's video has got me apprehensive, I'm afraid, but I sure do like the idea of driving a Wrangler with GOOD mpg's (to do my small bit for the Planet).
I have NO issues with the engine - though new to the USA, it has proven itself in Europe (Fiat's & Alfa's) for a few years now !? I've seen, in photo, the Blower, and 2 items that each look like they are either alternator or the eTorque Motor in the engine compartment !? I'm not auto-mechanically inclined, but I'm also not a nincompoop ! ;) :lipssealed: !
:clap: :clap: :clap: . . . these are members thanking you (in advance) for your response . . . :clap: , me too !
One of the main reasons I got the 2.0L is the BSG system. When the start/stop is active it is almost unnoticeable when it starts back up.

I went for the lifetime, unlimited mileage warranty. I have zero anxiety.
If it ever leaves me stranded, I just looks at it is addingto my adventure.
My dirt bike is electric start only and I feel the same, if it leaves me stranded, so be it. Three years and it has never let me down.

The battery sits next to the gas tank, it also sits about 2" inches higher.
Here are some pictures of the connections and the fire blanket. Video will be uploaded soon but it doesn't show much more.
MVIMG_20181127_193942.jpg
MVIMG_20181127_194003.jpg

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the video, like I said it didn't turn out great.
I did attach my phone to my RC truck and ran it under the Jeep put it was to fast and I wasn't sure where it was to stop it at a good point.

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Here is the video, like I said it didn't turn out great.
I did attach my phone to my RC truck and ran it under the Jeep put it was to fast and I wasn't sure where it was to stop it at a good point.

WOW ! Beyond my unexpected expectations ? Thank You so much for all the effort ! Now I'm feeling an urge for a Sandpoint routed trip into Montana next year . Wine, beer, booze, with dinner . . . ? No Dutch Treatment here ! :like: .

So, your confident that when I (or you & your JL)) take my Sport S (with slip diff upgrade, or Rubi ?) off road, say easy / moderate (Moab / Colorado) "jeep trails," the skid plates, as is from factory, will protect (& defend the jeeps "constitution") so help me please !? :giggle: :clap: ! Any Leaking of fluid from where the connections into the battery pack go ? Something the 'Jeep Informant' noticed on one of his repair jobs ! See how paranoid I can be ? :whew: .

Moving on . . . was considering the possibility of the Gladiator, but after seeing some of the video intros and write-ups, I have some grips / dissapointments - but I'll reserve those comments for the Gladiator Forum .
Pretty much set now on the JLU - Sport S or Rubi ? either with just the base ragtop, as I intend to put an Ursa Minor popup camper shell on it . I have a Montana fly fish trip planned & half paid for come July/August and hope to have the JL pull my drift boat this trip instead of the WK2 (the trade in). Take care up there in snow country and let's make it a wonderfully peaceful Holiday Season for all !

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
WOW ! Beyond my unexpected expectations ? Thank You so much for all the effort ! Now I'm feeling an urge for a Sandpoint routed trip into Montana next year . Wine, beer, booze, with dinner . . . ? No Dutch Treatment here ! :like: .

So, your confident that when I (or you & your JL)) take my Sport S (with slip diff upgrade, or Rubi ?) off road, say easy / moderate (Moab / Colorado) "jeep trails," the skid plates, as is from factory, will protect (& defend the jeeps "constitution") so help me please !? :giggle: :clap: ! Any Leaking of fluid from where the connections into the battery pack go ? Something the 'Jeep Informant' noticed on one of his repair jobs ! See how paranoid I can be ? :whew: .

Moving on . . . was considering the possibility of the Gladiator, but after seeing some of the video intros and write-ups, I have some grips / dissapointments - but I'll reserve those comments for the Gladiator Forum .
Pretty much set now on the JLU - Sport S or Rubi ? either with just the base ragtop, as I intend to put an Ursa Minor popup camper shell on it . I have a Montana fly fish trip planned & half paid for come July/August and hope to have the JL pull my drift boat this trip instead of the WK2 (the trade in). Take care up there in snow country and let's make it a wonderfully peaceful Holiday Season for all !
Skid plate for the battery looked very stout. No fluid leaks.
My biggest concern is the oil pan for the motor and transmission. The pan for the motor looks very vulnerable.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
WoW, this is very off topic.

Granite Crystal Bandit

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Just added the Borla S-Type muffler ... awesome sound, throaty. Included a Mishimoto cold air intake.

Sponsored

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Just added the Borla S-Type muffler ... awesome sound, throaty. Included a Mishimoto cold air intake.
Do you have any video on this setup? I’m looking to add a Mishimoto CAI and Borla Climbing Touring muffler.

Last edited:

EMpunker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon V6
I've been thinking of going with the Borla Climber. It's hard for me to tell the difference in sound between the Touring/S-Type from Borla's videos. Is the S-Type pretty loud?

Granite Crystal Bandit

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As noted, the S-Type Borla muffler is fairly loud ‘initially’, but very quickly gets quiet as it gets hot. Thereafter, I think it sounds ‘throaty’ but not obnoxious. Personally, I like it.

Granite Crystal Bandit

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any video on this setup? I’m looking to add a Mishimoto CAI and Borla Climbing Touring muffler.
Sorry, don’t have any video. The Borla muffler and Mishimoto CAI were very easy to install ... if you need help, call your mother-in-law!

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Has anybody upgraded the muffler on a JL with Turbo 2.0? Wondering if it is worth doing?
Worth is just a number your willing to pay. My 2021 is still on order, but when the time comes I know I'll be installing an MBRP exhaust!
Sponsored