Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Any black friday deals out there for the Bestop NX twill for 4 door JL Wrangler?
Sponsored

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
Hey guys,

So sorry! I missed the original post and then was on vacation from the 20th to the 1st.

No, The retractable Sunshade is a different product and will be sold separately. No current ETA on that timing.

CassieAtBestop
Any update on this one Cassie?

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm really hoping to have something before spring. :fingerscrossed:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I'm really hoping to have something before spring. :fingerscrossed:
LOL.... Don't hold your breath... I'm figuring Summer 2019 for the screen.

GlitteryPonies

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
I must be a little impatient, but am I the only one who thinks it's a little ridiculous that Bestop only has one product available for the JL at this time? It's been nearly a year and nothing but a sunrider for hardtop? Is this normal? How long did the JK owners have to wait in '07 to get a different soft top?

Sponsored

GlitteryPonies

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Well, the TrekTop NX is also out I noticed. But no soft doors yet!
Out with a pre-order and no estimate delivery. No product photos except one, no videos. Just seems like they are really slow to get their JL products to market while their showpiece for sema was for a vehicle no longer in production. If they offered a NX hybrid for a JL one would be sitting on my Jeep right now... Like I said, I'm probably just impatient.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Out with a pre-order and no estimate delivery. No product photos except one, no videos. Just seems like they are really slow to get their JL products to market while their showpiece for sema was for a vehicle no longer in production. If they offered a NX hybrid for a JL one would be sitting on my Jeep right now... Like I said, I'm probably just impatient.
It could be worse. You could have a 2-Door. No clue when the NX will be available for mine. It's ETA has moved so many times, I've given up watching it.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
NOT KNOWING TO LOOK "HERE" 1st, I made comments / suggestions (2) for product development over at the sister sight - Gladiator ! It is there that Bestop gave me a "LIKED" on a comment I made in the 'Exterior' threads section ! So, since I am more interested in the JL vs. a JT (at the moment!) I figure I should mention those 2 product-ideas HERE for JL fans to ponder and comment on too !
Item #1 -- along with the SUNRIDER . . . a complementing separate product, or MORE likely an addition too product that would REPLACE the sliding sunshade ! I feel the sunshade on the SunRider is "cheesy," flimsy and NOT well thought out - or perhaps constrained by design constraints due to the SunRiders design ! ? Only YOU would know (Bestop).
I propose better/ FULL enclosure . . . a sliding No-See-Um Screen that does NOT have that Inches-Gap at the back ! IF the design IS restricted because of the Sunrider, then perhaps a SEPARATE INSECT or "BUG-RIDER" with same SNUG Fit - ensuring keeping the "little bastards" out ! Along with THIS, item #2, simpler by design - would be to have the REAR Removable Windows on the hard top be a heavy duty No-See-Um + "dog-proof" screen (for even the soft sided, I suppose?). I've seen a few of the Truck Cap Manufacturers have the Screens "dog Protected" with the 3/8th's inch hole heavy duty mesh inside of the bug mess ! Something to that affect is what I'm thinking. Wether or not a sliding glass "door" is appropriate TOO ?, leave that up to you !?
Perhaps better left too the folks at JEEP for that !?
I like these ideas, because of their functionality & Practicality . . . allowing Air Flow into & out off the Cabin while keeping the biting critters out ! Great for Camping too, especially on those hot dessert nights !
Sure I could buy a set of magnets and screen material and attach on the outside once camping, but ugh . . . not very efficient nor wise to use while underway ! Anyone beside myself think these Ideas might have merit, or should I take a trip to Home depot and "wish-On" ?

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
We are starting to ship the JL Trektops within the next week!

2-doors will be avlaible in Spring.

CassieAtBestop

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Are you guys going to make Trektop Pro avail to JL at some points?
Sponsored