Sponsored

Removing Hard Top with Lange Power Hoist

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I have the Lange Power Hoist for JKU hardtop. I'm assuming that the subtle dimension differences between the JK and the JL should still allow me to use the same Hoist. Right? (maybe a slight adjustment would be needed. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dynomite1371

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I have the Lange Power Hoist for JKU hardtop. I'm assuming that the subtle dimension differences between the JK and the JL should still allow me to use the same Hoist. Right? (maybe a slight adjustment would be needed. Any thoughts?
TTP

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the same hoist. I suspect that the spoiler at the back of the hardtop is going to cause a problem. I'm pretty confident I will be able to figure something out.

OP
OP
Dynomite1371

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Cool, Some figuring should make it work, I'm guessing.

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Cool, Some figuring should make it work, I'm guessing.
I emailed Lange today and they said the JK hoist will not work with the JL (because of the rear spoiler). Once they get their hand on a JL they plan to design a new rear support arm. I suspect those with an existing hoist could just order that to retrofit. The guy that emailed me was Jacob O'Connor (jacobo -at- Langeoriginals -dot- com).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dynomite1371

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I emailed Lange today and they said the JK hoist will not work with the JL (because of the rear spoiler). Once they get their hand on a JL they plan to design a new rear support arm. I suspect those with an existing hoist could just order that to retrofit. The guy that emailed me was Jacob O'Connor (jacobo -at- Langeoriginals -dot- com).
Hard to believe that tiny difference would preclude it from working.......

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
Hard to believe that tiny difference would preclude it from working.......
I would think this could be fixed with a quick stop to the hardware store. Sounds like you just need to change out the old hook with a wider one that will fit over the bigger lip on the JL top.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
I own a Lange JK 2 door hoist as well. Worse comes to worse all you would need is some threaded rod to create your own rear hooks to clear the JL’s rear spoiler. Get some foam tubes to cover the threaded rods for the top protection. You might be able to simply bend the existing hooks for clearance; not rocket science.

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
This sounds like a good option. I just hope my jl still fits in the garage when I’m done with it.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
This sounds like a good option. I just hope my jl still fits in the garage when I’m done with it.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing with the JL Rubicon and stock 33’s and down the road; 35’s. My garage rafters might not be high enough to lift the hard top away from the body.

Sponsored

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
OP
OP
Dynomite1371

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
Really cool but Hella $

MEO73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon
Has anyone on here used it?