Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS

Jl owner

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Some people have tried to order the 3.6L V6 with automatic transmission configuration and have been told that this combination is on restriction.

I just went to a dealer today and tried to order the 3.6L V^ with the automatic transmission. I was told that the 3.6L with the manual transmission or the 2.0L with the automatic transmission were the only two options. So no 3.6L with auto tranny option available to order at this time.

I've read here on this forum that this might be due to the new 3.6L BSG motor becoming the replacement for the 3.6L ESS motor. Did anyone hear anything more definitive?

Thanks in advance for any new information.
I was on the fence on ordering the V6 with auto vs manual. Dealer told me the same thing so we had no choice but to order the manual. (Which surprisingly my wife wanted to begin with). We test drove both transmissions. Just seems stick shift and softtop wranglers go together!

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I just got notice from my dealer that I've moved to F status, and they are painting my Ocean Blue on today! Fully loaded 2.0 Sahara with Selectrac.

@JlEngineline if you see a Ocean Blue 2.0 Sahara with Tan seats snap a pic! :)
This tracker is getting more confusing. I don't see a rommel102 on the list. Is your "name" on the tracker the same as your name here on the post?

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
This tracker is getting more confusing. I don't see a rommel102 on the list. Is your "name" on the tracker the same as your name here on the post?
No nickname is whatever you enter when you sign up for tracking...doesn't have to be your handle.

My rig is BlueBeast but it doesn't show anything yet, I am guessing it will only show up once it is actually fully built i.e. J status.

Sponsored

mclaugh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLU Moab
Forum doesn’t allow searches by code (codes are too short)- chatted with FCA this morning and my 2019 Moab is in G status. Assuming things go smoothly, was there a typical amount of time going from paint/trim to being loaded by a truck?

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
No nickname is whatever you enter when you sign up for tracking...doesn't have to be your handle.

My rig is BlueBeast but it doesn't show anything yet, I am guessing it will only show up once it is actually fully built i.e. J status.

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

EXCELLENT! I see BlueBeast. I was concerned that a lot of people that say they have "found" didn't show up on the tracker, but they obviously, like you used a build name other than their member name. Hopefully we will start seeing more 2.0's being built soon

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Tried to order a 2019 TWO Door Rubicon 3.6L with auto trans (24R) last week. Dealer here in FL said he cannot order this configuration yet.
When does the ordering open up for this model?

maya m

First Name
Maya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I talked to Jeep chat today and my 2019 Moab is in the final inspection stage (JB status)!! Just last week it was still in D1. Does anyone know how long it will be in that status? Thank you!

Sponsored

macycat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Well, I just joined the fun. I ordered a fairly loaded Rubicon Unlimited from Antonio at Marsh Jeep in Vegas. He is still offering a total of a 5% discount below invoice (4% + an extra 1% with a $100 Tread Lightly membership). I live in SoCal and called a number of dealers around here, and not one of them would come close. If interested, here is his e-mail - [email protected].

I will keep everyone posted on how the rest of the transactions goes in the following thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/socal-by-way-of-vegas.8801/page-4#post-455389

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Tried to order a 2019 TWO Door Rubicon 3.6L with auto trans (24R) last week. Dealer here in FL said he cannot order this configuration yet.
When does the ordering open up for this model?
When I placed my order the first dealer told me this also. And called me back an hour later to say he could now place the order. I could be wrong, but at the time, the dealer has to mark the order as a "sold" order when filling out the online order form. The 3.6L Auto would only be available for customer orders. Of course, things may have changed, and I am still waiting on my order.

buckscop

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jku Sahara, Firecracker Red, Safety gp, Soft top only, 8" Nav, LED's, V6, 8 speed auto, ordered 9/28, received 12/13
Occupation
Retired (LEO)
When I placed my order the first dealer told me this also. And called me back an hour later to say he could now place the order. I could be wrong, but at the time, the dealer has to mark the order as a "sold" order when filling out the online order form. The 3.6L Auto would only be available for customer orders. Of course, things may have changed, and I am still waiting on my order.
i ordered a Sahara 3.6 auto on 9/28. have the build sheet and sticker now. both say "sold" on them.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
i ordered a Sahara 3.6 auto on 9/28. have the build sheet and sticker now. both say "sold" on them.
I wouldn't be surprised if your gets delivered Friday or Saturday. I received the build sheet on Monday, my dealer in Maryland called on Tuesday telling me it was delivered.

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Rubicon, 2024 2 Door Rubicon X 3.6 MT

JlEngineline - thanks for al the info you have shared. I've been waiting months to order a 2 door Rubicon with Dual Tops. I was at the dealer on Saturday and the dual top option still wasn't available for the 2019 JL. He indicated the soft top on the 4 door JL's come in a large box and they might not be able to fit the soft top box in a 2 door JL. I contacted Jeep Customer Cares about the dual top option for the 2 door JL and they said they said they were unable to comment on future product availability. They suggested I contact the dealer for the latest information. Any chance you might be able to find out if the Dual Top option for the 2 door is in the works?

The Dual Top Option for a 4 door lists for $2,295. If I buy the soft top from the parts department, (Mopar #82215147) the list is $2,100. The black hard top is a $1,195 option. As you can waiting for the 2 door dual might save me $1,000 but I don't want to wait if it's not going to happen.
Sponsored