Sponsored

TRMS (Trail Rail Management System) finally arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
For what its worth, I love mine and I am very happy I ordered it.
Sponsored

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Was casually browsing Amazon, and came across this picture:
Keya94a.png

It looks like the table may come with additional hardware to attach to the TRMS, The product listing didn't have a picture of the table in the closed position over the rail, but from the following picture, it looks like it would cover the rail in it's entirety limiting it's utility with the table installed:

KU6MPF8.png
this is correct, the table comes with hardware for an install for with and without the TRMS

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
this is correct, the table comes with hardware for an install for with and without the TRMS
I just installed one that I got from Amazon last weekend. I do have the trail system in my Rubicon. It did work OK as far as installation goes. The spacers that I received with mine did not match the directions. So I did not use the ones on the directions But they included extra ones of the type that I did need to use. I did find that the powder coat was peeling off therefore I had to sand and repaint it on the very bottom of the swing gate. Fortunately the area that was peeling was an area that cannot be seen with the table up or down. No rattles so far. With the trail system I did not have to drill holes in the top of the table. If you do not have the trail system you will have to drill holes on the top and bottom which are marked in the directions.

linkfeeney

First Name
link
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Trd-Off Road
are they still making this trail rail system? I dont even see it online when i was doing my vehicle build.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
That's really cool. If you haul gear often, this will be a great feature. I had something similar in my Nissan Frontier and I used it all the time! :)

Sponsored

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
Just came across this. I'm wondering if the real reason for the TRMS isn't just for tie downs as the jeep already has those. I'm thinking it's to facilitate sliders to mount fridges and drawers. I could see drawer slides being mounted to each side with maybe a platform. It would possibly render the storage cubby underneath useless but there's got to be a better use for this option.

MikeV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 TJ, 10 WK, 16 DJ
When I bought my jeep earlier this year these were not a option. Based on the wait times I'm glad they were not...! I have been waiting on them to come out. If you order new you can get them but the dealers do not have a kit yet (that mine was aware of) I just spent an hour at my dealer parts counter and we finally pieced all the OEM part numbers together. ALL of the parts are on backorder with no expected date. Also, pieced together they total $469.45 !! I'm going to wait. Here's all the part numbers
1 - Rear door rail - 68419013AA ($73.10/EA)
3 - Rail Bolts - 6105151AA ($3.20/EA)
2 - Slide Loops - 68419014AA ($31.35/EA)
2 - Floor Rail - 68419016AA & 68419017AA ($79.45/EA)
6 - Slide Loops 68419014AA ($31.35/EA)

If anyone knows a better place to get this or if they see a kit out there, please post.
You need 3 of those bolts for the tailgate, but what did you do for the floor as the OEM bolts from tie downs dont fit

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I installed a fridge slider on the drivers side TRMS. I had to use longer metric bolts as fasteners. A slider will block the OEM access hatch, but the hatch is not fixed to the jeep rear floor, but slides out if needed. I replaced the hatch with two plywood panels. One under the slider and the other covering the passenger side. I can lift/remove the right panel and reach under the left one. The right side TRMS attachment clips are still usable. Only three bolts are needed to hold the slider. So it is fairly easy to take out the slider and replace the OEM TRMS bolts.

Last edited:

Tsloanee

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk’in
Has anyone found accessories for the TRMS? The only one I’ve found is the tailgate table and frankly it doesn’t need to TRMS but can be installed despite it. I’ve reached out to Jeep a few time about my D ring not working at this TRMS being a general bust.

Sponsored

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Maybe I'm having a hard time visualizing this, but what exactly do you do with this? Tie down groceries?
Ordered these when I had my jeep built...they are completely useless. However, with that said if you get the cargo net for it-comes in very handy to slide things under the net to keep from rolling around or flying away when top down. Guess it's a plus to have but 99% of the time they're useless especially the ones on the tailgate.

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Ordered these when I had my jeep built...they are completely useless. However, with that said if you get the cargo net for it-comes in very handy to slide things under the net to keep from rolling around or flying away when top down. Guess it's a plus to have but 99% of the time they're useless especially the ones on the tailgate.
I'm thinking the opposite. The tailgate rail would be great for tying down things you'd want quick or easy access to. I'm still waiting, my local dealer has about 20 on backorder with no projected ETA.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I'm thinking the opposite. The tailgate rail would be great for tying down things you'd want quick or easy access to. I'm still waiting, my local dealer has about 20 on backorder with no projected ETA.
Like?

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Flashlight, fire extinguisher, tools, etc. I haven't seen the tailgate rail in person yet, so am also wondering if the hooks are the same as the ones on the floor mounted rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.