Sponsored

SoCal/AZ/NV JL Buyers!

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Hmmm. So if I financed with Jim Marsh, the title is handed over at time of delivery? Off course with bank name on it. In CA, past experiences, they sent directly to lender. Seems like here it is handed over? Can you kindly confirm please. Thanks.
As stated it is NOT a pink slip. It is an official document (I believe called an MSO) that is mailed to your home about 5 days after purchase. You take that into the DMV. That along with the other paperwork.

Check out this thread
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/ca-buyers-that-are-buying-out-of-state.13475/

And this one. You will be all good.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/socal-by-way-of-vegas.8801/
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not exactly. When you pick up your Jeep from Jim Marsh, you will have to provide them the mailing address of your local DMV. .
This is NOT correct. You do not supply them with a local DMV. It comes to your home. I had no idea what line at the DMV I was going to wait in.

Equinox

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
This is NOT correct. You do not supply them with a local DMV. It comes to your home. I had no idea what line at the DMV I was going to wait in.
Well that’s what I had to do when I picked up my Jeep from Jim marsh. Obviously different from what you do.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Is it true that diesel is available to Order? What does that add to the price through Jim marsh?

Lord-Maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jk
Not exactly. When you pick up your Jeep from Jim Marsh, you will have to provide them the mailing address of your local DMV. They will mail the MSO and lienholder info directly to the DMV. Jim Marsh can provide you tracking information to confirm once documentation has arrived at the DMV. Once the paperwork has arrived at the DMV, you go in to have the car inspected, pay CA tax and reg fees, show proof of insurance, and you need to have the car smogged. I would suggest doing the smog before you go to the DMV so you only have to deal with DMV lines once. Unless you are doing a custom plate, the DMV should issue you plates to put on the vehicle at the end of this transaction.
so you have to pay tax at the DMV out of pocket and its not included in the loan?

Sponsored

Mike_E15

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Rubicon
What's Dennis Dillon at these days. I received an e-mail back from Marianna saying they are doing 4% below invoice now + $500 if you don't use their financing

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
What's Dennis Dillon at these days. I received an e-mail back from Marianna saying they are doing 4% below invoice now + $500 if you don't use their financing
If your going to go to Idaho, order from Kent at Peterson. He's right down the street from Dennis Dillon. Has the same price but much more responsive. Dennis Dillon is a revolving door for salesman. Every time I got a quote the salesman quit. I gave up on them. Mine was around 7.5% under invoice or 12.8% off MSRP.

[email protected]

That's who i ordered from. Im also in San Diego. Long drive but the best deal I could find.

I'll add one disclaimer. You do have to finance with him to get that price. If you want to pay cash. He won't have the best price. There's no pre payment penalty though so you can always refinance. That's my plan.

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
If your going to go to Idaho, order from Kent at Peterson. He's right down the street from Dennis Dillon. Has the same price but much more responsive. Dennis Dillon is a revolving door for salesman. Every time I got a quote the salesman quit. I gave up on them. Mine was around 7.5% under invoice or 12.8% off MSRP.

[email protected]

That's who i ordered from. Im also in San Diego. Long drive but the best deal I could find.

I'll add one disclaimer. You do have to finance with him to get that price. If you want to pay cash. He won't have the best price. There's no pre payment penalty though so you can always refinance. That's my plan.
We bought from Kent. He was legit and honest. We paid taxes for CA in Idaho and they send the title to your local DMV so make sure you have one picked out. You do have to finance with them for their discount but just refinance. What we’re going to do. Plus, Nampa was really beautiful and fun to visit :)

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
Costco's no haggle deal is $500 above invoice so the below comes in around $46,160
Anyone find anything better? I saw the dealer map which has Moss Jeep in the IE as 3% below invoice but I am trying to see if that pans out. Might just pull the trigger on this one from Tustin, Tuttle Jeep I think

JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 39,576
Destination 1,495
Auto 1,780
LED 886
Trailer \ Tow 708
All Weather mats 134
Hard Top 1064

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Costco's no haggle deal is $500 above invoice so the below comes in around $46,160
Anyone find anything better? I saw the dealer map which has Moss Jeep in the IE as 3% below invoice but I am trying to see if that pans out. Might just pull the trigger on this one from Tustin, Tuttle Jeep I think

Destination 1,495
Auto 1,780
LED 886
Trailer \ Tow 708
All Weather mats 134
Hard Top 1064
Jim Marsh in Vegas. 5% below. Good luck getting anyone in SoCal even close to invoice. With Tread Lightly I got two dealers to honor that, the above was not one of them. They are known for being a high price leader.

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4

Destination 1,495
Auto 1,780
LED 886
Trailer \ Tow 708
All Weather mats 134
Hard Top 1064
Did you try the Costa Mesa dealer? Look up for the contact info on the map. Last report was 5% below invoice. Good luck.

macycat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Well, I had a great experience with Antonio at Marsh Jeep in Vegas. He is still offering a total of a 5% discount below invoice (4% + an extra 1% with a $100 Tread Lightly membership). I live in SoCal and called a number of dealers around here, and not one of them would come close.

I ordered a fairly loaded Rubicon Unlimited from him a couple of days ago and wanted to let folks know how different this experience was compared to my other vehicle purchases. The entire transaction was done mostly via e-mail with no pressure and no hassle. He helped me through the process, answered all questions in a timely fashion, and explained what I would need to do to get it registered here in SoCal. If interested, here is his e-mail - [email protected].

I look forward to a trip to Vegas in a couple of months to bring back a new Jeep Rubicon!

I will keep everyone posted on how the rest of the transactions goes in the following thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/socal-by-way-of-vegas.8801/page-4#post-455389

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I had a great experience with Antonio at Marsh Jeep in Vegas. He is still offering a total of a 5% discount below invoice (4% + an extra 1% with a $100 Tread Lightly membership). I live in SoCal and called a number of dealers around here, and not one of them would come close.

I ordered a fairly loaded Rubicon Unlimited from him a couple of days ago and wanted to let folks know how different this experience was compared to my other vehicle purchases. The entire transaction was done mostly via e-mail with no pressure and no hassle. He helped me through the process, answered all questions in a timely fashion, and explained what I would need to do to get it registered here in SoCal. If interested, here is his e-mail - [email protected].

I look forward to a trip to Vegas in a couple of months to bring back a new Jeep Rubicon!

I will keep everyone posted on how the rest of the transactions goes in the following thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/socal-by-way-of-vegas.8801/page-4#post-455389

Same, Antonio and Char at Jim Marsh are awesome. I ordered 11/06/2018 and am looking forward to taking delivery I hope in Dec/Jan of my new Rubicon.

jsy

First Name
jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon to be JL Sahara
I recently purchased my first Jeep, a 2019 Unlimited Sahara, and I am so appreciative of all the info I was able to find on this forum! I emailed a ton of California dealerships and most SoCal dealerships just laughed at me. I was debating on purchasing from Jim Marsh in Vegas, but didn’t want the headache of an out of state purchase.
Then I got a response from Cole CDRJM in San Luis Obispo. They gave me 4% off invoice with the Tread lightly affiliate code. No fee for not financing with them. They were very easy to work with, no hidden fees and didn’t push at all. I asked if they wouldn’t mind me posting the deal they gave me and here is their info:

Joel Shock
Cole Chrysler Dodge Ram Jeep Mazda
3550 Broad St
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

Office (805)-549-7325

Hope this helps anyone who’s trying to buy in California without having to travel to Vegas or Idaho.
Sponsored

Last edited: