Sponsored

Anyone running the Milestar Patagonia M/T tire?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Was watching Lite Brite's review on these tires here and they seem interesting. Anyone else running them and have good luck with handling for daily driving?
Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have them in 37x12.5 and have over 2500 miles on them so far as well as 2 offroad excursions on them. No chunking of tread blocks so far and seem to be wearing pretty good. For street pressure i am sitting at 25 psi but could go down a bit lower. Handling on a daily driver is fine no real complaints. My wife steals my jeeps everyday so no real issues or complaints. At 30 psi the jeep was definitely over inflated and all of the road.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I have them in a 38x13.50r17 on my JK. Run them at 28 PSI. They are quiet, smooth and stayed balanced. I have a set of 40s waiting for my JL.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
My cousin is running the 295/70 on his Ram 2500. They run tall for their size. They're down 1/32" after 3000 miles which is awesome for a mud tire especially on a really heavy truck. The compound is very soft so my guess is they're great in the rain. They are also super quiet. I'm looking at 35s and they are on my short list with the Cooper offerings.

OP
OP
RubenZ

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Ya, honestly it’s between Cooper STT Pros and These.

Sponsored

SSBattalion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I keep seeing a ton of good feedback on Instagram on them. They are def growing and getting a following.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
I’m a HUGE Nitto fan and always will be but I’m really liking the 38” true size vs the 37 that is actually a 35.5”. I’m not a huge fan of the way the milestar looks but I’m thinking I might pull the trigger on a set from Discount tire. Black Friday is coming... my issue is I won’t run a spare and feel comfortable doing that with Nitto but I’ll have to gain Milestar’s trust. (I have friends I wheel with that carry a spare). The only reason I’m struggling is I wonder how many honest reviews there are out there. Most are from people running a donated please review set. I’m wanting a I bought them and love or hate them. I’ve ne we had to balance a 37 or 40 from Nitto since I’ve ran them. Even at 90 mph down the highway on my JKs.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I’m a HUGE Nitto fan and always will be but I’m really liking the 38” true size vs the 37 that is actually a 35.5”. I’m not a huge fan of the way the milestar looks but I’m thinking I might pull the trigger on a set from Discount tire. Black Friday is coming... my issue is I won’t run a spare and feel comfortable doing that with Nitto but I’ll have to gain Milestar’s trust. (I have friends I wheel with that carry a spare). The only reason I’m struggling is I wonder how many honest reviews there are out there. Most are from people running a donated please review set. I’m wanting a I bought them and love or hate them. I’ve ne we had to balance a 37 or 40 from Nitto since I’ve ran them. Even at 90 mph down the highway on my JKs.

That’s my concern as well. All the reviews from people that are getting freebies are a great marketing ploy, and very biased.

I’ve watched videos of people who run them and they praise how sticky they are and how great they are doing at mid single digit psi while spinning the bejesus out of them and leaving half of the tire behind in the form of chunked rubber and powder.

I’ve ran mtr’s, mtz’s, and a handful of interco tires on trail rigs and have never had to do a damn smoke show to get the tire to work. I ran a set of mtz’s for 8 years on a trail rig, sold it a few years ago, and they are still on there today. They probably have 10K miles on them now and at least 8 years of wheeling all of northern California’s trails.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
... I’m really liking the 38” true size vs the 37 that is actually a 35.5”.
This is not true of all brands. If you check a site like tirebuyer.com, you can get the specs on each and every tire/size, and it says what the actual diameter is. Now, whether this is accurate or fake, I don't know, but this is at least something to go on if you need to get more exact.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
That’s my concern as well. All the reviews from people that are getting freebies are a great marketing ploy, and very biased.

I’ve watched videos of people who run them and they praise how sticky they are and how great they are doing at mid single digit psi while spinning the bejesus out of them and leaving half of the tire behind in the form of chunked rubber and powder.

I’ve ran mtr’s, mtz’s, and a handful of interco tires on trail rigs and have never had to do a damn smoke show to get the tire to work. I ran a set of mtz’s for 8 years on a trail rig, sold it a few years ago, and they are still on there today. They probably have 10K miles on them now and at least 8 years of wheeling all of northern California’s trails.
Yeah I hear ya. Every tire wil have a flat and everyone will have different opinions on what they think is best. With me I’m just straight up honest. I love trying new products and seeing what’s out there. I also love using what I know works. I will tell you what sucks even after I bought it. I’m honestly wanting to try them just to give a “ I bought these tires” honest opinion. They will either prove themselves great or be something I can recommend on passing. I have high standards coming from years of running nittos and never having a flat. The milestar price point is sweet though. I’m scared to run 40’s on the JL factory axles and the UDs aren’t available through the dealer (mopar performance) yet and the Nitto 37s just aren’t big enough coming from a JK on 40s. But I’m also hearing rumors of the Nitto 42 hitting 2019... oh the endless possibilities

Sponsored

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
This is not true of all brands. If you check a site like tirebuyer.com, you can get the specs on each and every tire/size, and it says what the actual diameter is. Now, whether this is accurate or fake, I don't know, but this is at least something to go on if you need to get more exact.
Oh I hear ya, yes there are others out there but none that I haven’t tried or a price point that is spot that’s worth the savings to try. What brands were you thinking? Nittos 37 claims to be 36. High something but it’s betweem a 35.5”-35.75”. I’m hearing the milestars are running about 37.25”. Every inch counts when you’re kissing rocks on the belly

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I have the IronMan All-Country M/Ts 37x12.50R17 and they claim 36.77". I've not measured them, though.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just ordered 295/70/17 Patagonias for our new 2019 JL that's getting ready to leave Toledo in time for Xmas :)
Nothing but great reviews for these tires, looking forward to running them!
Sponsored