Sponsored

Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I'm concerned, if you want "passive" entry, then just leave your doors off. :)

Seriously though... I would not rely on the system deciding when to lock or unlock the doors. I just don't trust the kiddie engineers these days to get it right and not make some sort of logic mistake that under certain conditions results in you getting locked out of your car or not being able to start it. Hell, I explicitly order the "Sport" model just so I would not have electric windows and door locks.
Sponsored

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I received my Tazer JL today, set my tire size, disabled auto start/stop and tried to set DRL. I had purchased and installed switchbacks in hope of making the white lights the DRL. But when I select turn signal as DRL, it's just the orange light that is on. Is there anyway to make it where the white light is on?

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I received my Tazer JL today, set my tire size, disabled auto start/stop and tried to set DRL. I had purchased and installed switchbacks in hope of making the white lights the DRL. But when I select turn signal as DRL, it's just the orange light that is on. Is there anyway to make it where the white light is on?
This only works if you have DRLs installed/enabled. I don't think you can just enable it on the Sport, you need the wiring for it, too.

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This only works if you have DRLs installed/enabled. I don't think you can just enable it on the Sport, you need the wiring for it, too.
Drats! I can set any other light to be a DRL, in the interim I have set the fog lights as my DRL.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Figured I would mention here, in case any of you 2.0 Turbo owner's might be interested........

Anyway, the Tazer JL and Tazer JL Lite do the deed lets say with a 2.0, just as they do the deed with the 3.6.

Actually, I believe the Tazer JL and Tazer JL Lite are presently the only JL programmers that work with the 2.0.

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Hi Z Automotive. I heard that a future update to the Tazer JL will have a hood alarm feature. When will this be available?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Why do you say that? I found a video on a FB Jeep JL group that demonstrated the alarm. Shouldn't be that hard to make use of the hood pins.
@joe@zauto definitely posted a teaser on Facebook regarding the hood alarm. I’m guessing on the next update which shouldn’t be too far down the road.

Jimmylats JL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ willys, 2018 rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have a rubicon with 35's. Does this help with the shift points on the automatic? I know you can change the tire size with the programmer, I am just wondering if you change the tire size, it would somehow affect the way the computer recognizes the shift points and changes them in a positive way to correct for the tire size.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a rubicon with 35's. Does this help with the shift points on the automatic? I know you can change the tire size with the programmer, I am just wondering if you change the tire size, it would somehow affect the way the computer recognizes the shift points and changes them in a positive way to correct for the tire size.
Yes, once you use the dealer does the programming for tire size or you do it yourself with a programmer, the automatic transmission will over time, adjust the shift points automatically.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@everyone

Do know that ZAutomotive is offering 10% off of EVERYTHING for Black Friday.

Use the Coupon Code: BLACKFRIDAY

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Hey guys, for you with 315 70 17 BF Goodrich KO 2 tires, what are you setting the Taser at for your tire size? My original settings was 32.5 as I have a Rubicon and originally had to 285 70 17. Any comments will be appreciated!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Bearman95

Suggest you use 34.5 . After this, with a smart phone and GPS, do check to see if your speedo is accurate. If not accurate, go up or down size wise until you get it right. Do check accuracy at say 30, 50, 60 mph.

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
@Bearman95

Suggest you use 34.5 . After this, with a smart phone and GPS, do check to see if your speedo is accurate. If not accurate, go up or down size wise until you get it right. Do check accuracy at say 30, 50, 60 mph.
Thank you a lot for the comment!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.