Sponsored

Jeep should have put the aux switches...

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Alexa, take the Jeep to Dunkinā€˜ Donuts I want a bacon egg and cheese on an English muffin and a small iced coffee 1 creamer 1 sugar. Letā€™s go chop chop! Oh and turn on that LED bar while your at it, shake a leg woman!

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Amazon Alexa for car is now here Amazon Alexa Auto
Hmm, very inteeresting. Although the garage door thing I presume you would need a wifi garage door, and if it works like any other phone app I have for controlling things in my house, there is a delay of as much as 10-15 seconds sometimes, during which time I would get impatient and just reach up to my homelink button. ROFL

Seems like adding Alexa into the android auto app would really be the way to go, since it would already be seemlessly connected. Have to suggest that to Android. Although I know Ford, Volkswagen, BMW and Toyota have all announced plans to integrate Alexa into their infotainment systems.

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
All is good, just annoyed I guess forgive for the venting
All good, sometimes things get frustrating for sure. Thatā€™s part of what this forum is for. Here, I know itā€™s saturday morning but let me buy you a virtual beer. :beer:

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
If you are running off road lights on backroads, you are in the wrong. If you are waiting to turn the lights off until you see oncoming traffic, you may have already caused a distraction for or blinded the oncoming driver, especially if you have a hard time finding the on/off button. As someone who regularly takes backroads, please stop thinking you need offroad lights on regular roads just because you installed them.

DirtyTj

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On its way 2018 JLUR in granite crystal with most everything but smokers group and dual top.2003 Sahara ARB air lockers front and rear, G2 Dana 60 in the rear, Dana 30 with RCV shafts Upfront 4.88 gearing.
Join a local club, most land available for off-roading is private.

Sponsored

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Mopar really needs to fix the issue with all their vehicles instead of keep releasing new stuff that no one wants.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Have yet to experience the rocker issue as my JLUR is not yet here. Our previous Wrangler had an sPod and click on the lights. Probably a lot easier to access as it was along the roof line than down low by the shifter, then you are raising your arm up and down to turn off the lights. The previous model JK's had the locker/swaybar disconnect rockers in the location someone stated. I thought that was a very awkward place to put them as you couldn't see them fm the driving position very well, am thinking the same thing with putting the light/rocker switches there.

WRT to the heater comment--- not just a Jeep thing, or at least a Wrangler thing as our Cherokee TH is the same way... 71 cool, 72 blow you out of the cockpit. Our Accord set at 72 still makes ya want to put on the heated seats.

Beartooth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unl Rubicon; 2018 JK Unl Sport; 1976 CJ-7 V8
....on the dash just left of the touch screen or closer to the driver.

Driving backroads at night and switch on your aux lights, you almost have to stay hunched over with your fingers on the buttons to shut off for any oncoming cars.

Convenient? Yes. Good location(imo)? No

Longer I own this thing the more I get annoyed with all the little "issues". Water that pours in when rains or from melting snow(cant even open window practically), led's in snowy weather, front defroster not being full width, climate control sucks(i.e. 72 too hot but 71 too cold), factory says 35" no prob - not true for spare it rubs like crazy cant be good for hinges or tailgate(marking up rear bumper as well, never mind the annoying noise it makes), rear flares will get destroyed if no step or mud flaps, etc. etc. etc.

I just expected more for the price tag these things carry and with the redesign and all.

"Its a Jeep thing" excuse not cutting it anymore, it's practically 2020 not 1995..I really expected more.
Itā€™s just a car. Sell it!

Beartooth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unl Rubicon; 2018 JK Unl Sport; 1976 CJ-7 V8
Did you just call it a car??? My poor soul

Jeep owners dont turn there back on there rigs that easily.

car: a road vehicle, typically with four wheels, powered by an internal combustion engine and able to carry a small number of people.

Iā€™ve owned Jeeps all my life. Iā€™m rebuilding a CJ right now in my garage. I grew up off-roading.

Sounds like youā€™ve got buyers remorse. Sell it, itā€™s just a car.
Sponsored