• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: 2018 Mojito JLUR 11 Miles $48,434

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every JL you can wish for
upload_2018-11-16_15-4-18.png

You're having a fit over my price? I'd have choice words for Koons...

EDIT-- Send me your VIN for your Rubi, if equiptment is similar i'll take your offer and give you what koons is giving you for your JL
Sponsored

Last edited:

dgulia

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JLU; 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie; 2019 Jeep Cherokee
FCA doesn't fix vehicles damaged in transit, dealers do

Last edited:

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
upload_2018-11-16_15-4-18.png

You're having a fit over my price? I'd have choice words for Koons...

EDIT-- Send me your VIN for your Rubi, if equiptment is similar i'll take your offer and give you what koons is giving you for your JL
No thanks, man. You can give me what CosmoMotors offered me, which was $42,500 and then I might consider it. I paid cash and I'm not going to take that kind of hit. You agree to $42,500 for mine, I'll come see you. I live in Kernersville, NC, but I'm originally from Le Roy, MN. Not far from your dealership and I'll be up there for the holidays.

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No thanks, man. You can give me what CosmoMotors offered me, which was $42,500 and then I might consider it. I paid cash and I'm not going to take that kind of hit. You agree to $42,500 for mine, I'll come see you. I live in Kernersville, NC, but I'm originally from Le Roy, MN. Not far from your dealership and I'll be up there for the holidays.
Now we're getting some where, we might make friends out of this after all. When you're past the consideration stage email me again with your VIN and current miles, I think we can work something out

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
I got $9K off MSRP on my Sting Gray Moab, brand new, not damaged in transport. From what I see discounts are not so deep now only 3 weeks later due to demand.
shoot where did you get 9k off? I'm in Chicago around a bunch of strokes. I also just got a $1000 loyalty rebate in my email ....i will hide that till the very end.

Sponsored

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shoot where did you get 9k off? I'm in Chicago around a bunch of strokes. I also just got a $1000 loyalty rebate in my email ....i will hide that till the very end.
That $1,000 is coming out of FCA's pocket, they won't care. Seen alot of these being mailed out lately

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know exactly what you guys are buying these Jeeps for, I sell them at those prices every day, to members of this fourm. Not arguing what I posted isn't higher than that, as I've said, make me an offer. But how do you expect to get $4,000 more than a new one on a vehicle that once had roughly $1,500 in damage then repaired. The damage is not still on the car and doesn't show on the Carfax. Maybe you want to offer $1,000 less than what it was at invoice minus 5%, maybe $1,500, or a tad more, maybe that's an reasonable offer, but how do you justify $4,000 more?
im gonna jump in here again. Honestly if you don't drop 10k off sticker nobody here will buy it. The buyers have all the power on this deal and the fact jeep just sent out $1000 owner loyalty emails yesterday will hurt this deal even more. So for example, i just got quoted $7800 off a new 2018 without any rebates. CASH DEAL... Now i can add Tread Lightly of 1% extra below invoice ($550) then the $1000 loyalty and i'm at a total of $9300 of a brand new Mojito Rubicon Unlimited or a Punkn.... . So you as the dealer should know this and be able to step up big time since we know the insurance paid for the repairs and probably more back into the owners pocket. Its just silly for you to act like; we as a group are not gonna look out for each other.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That $1,000 is coming out of FCA's pocket, they won't care. Seen alot of these being mailed out lately
ya i been getting a bunch of the $500 vouchers, but it excludes the wrangler...Ugh..Jeep

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
im gonna jump in here again. Honestly if you don't drop 10k off sticker nobody here will buy it. The buyers have all the power on this deal and the fact jeep just sent out $1000 owner loyalty emails yesterday will hurt this deal even more. So for example, i just got quoted $7800 off a new 2018 without any rebates. CASH DEAL... Now i can add Tread Lightly of 1% extra below invoice ($550) then the $1000 loyalty and i'm at a total of $9300 of a brand new Mojito Rubicon Unlimited or a Punkn.... . So you as the dealer should know this and be able to step up big time since we know the insurance paid for the repairs and probably more back into the owners pocket. Its just silly for you to act like; we as a group are not gonna look out for each other.
Not for everyone, maybe it gets sold off here maybe it doesn't. Doesn't cost me anything to post it. If you'd rather have a new one I'd be more than happy to get you one of those.

My wifes JK lease is up in January, her and I might just end up with it which is perfectly fine by me

ya i been getting a bunch of the $500 vouchers, but it excludes the wrangler...Ugh..Jeep
Watch for $1,000 one specific to Wrangler, i've seen customers getting both

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not for everyone, maybe it gets sold off here maybe it doesn't. Doesn't cost me anything to post it. If you'd rather have a new one I'd be more than happy to get you one of those.

My wifes JK lease is up in January, her and I might just end up with it which is perfectly fine by me

Watch for $1,000 one specific to Wrangler, i've seen customers getting both
the $500 one i get every week, but always excludes the Wranglers.
My whole rant is because in Chicago area dealers are pretty much scumbags and it has forced me to buy cars hundreds and even a thousand miles away. its Sad, an they have every excuse or scam up there sleeve. i sold cars back in the 90s so i remember those days, but they are worse now. Click on Napelton Jeep in Arlington heights IL if you want to get pissed off go in like many locals have and you will be completely discussed how they act. Anyways the wife and i have decided to get a 2019 because i was offered a great deal by a couple dealers on this site; and willing to pay the extra grand over a 2018, which the loyalty rebate made it a wash. i hope you sell your quick though...every Mojito needs a home!

Sponsored

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the $500 one i get every week, but always excludes the Wranglers.
My whole rant is because in Chicago area dealers are pretty much scumbags and it has forced me to buy cars hundreds and even a thousand miles away. its Sad, an they have every excuse or scam up there sleeve. i sold cars back in the 90s so i remember those days, but they are worse now. Click on Napelton Jeep in Arlington heights IL if you want to get pissed off go in like many locals have and you will be completely discussed how they act. Anyways the wife and i have decided to get a 2019 because i was offered a great deal by a couple dealers on this site; and willing to pay the extra grand over a 2018, which the loyalty rebate made it a wash. i hope you sell your quick though...every Mojito needs a home!

Keep an eye out for that $1,000. My parents must be getting one of the last 18s to roll of the line, their Hella Yella is in transit right now. I saw their name down for the $1,000 targeted offer on monday or tuesday of this week and they just got the email about it this morning.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep an eye out for that $1,000. My parents must be getting one of the last 18s to roll of the line, their Hella Yella is in transit right now. I saw their name down for the $1,000 targeted offer on monday or tuesday of this week and they just got the email about it this morning.
so there are two separate $1000 vouchers? One Owner loyalty and the other maybe for just 2018s. wonder if they are combinable

DocJLU

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If you're wondering where the line is for the deal on this Jeep, here is what I offered:

44K out the door or
45K out the door with the $100 deductible lifetime warranty

The response was (with no counter-offer):

upload_2018-11-16_13-53-14.png

Maybe my offer was a little under, but the sticker on my JL was almost $53.9K and I got it for $47.6k cash.

5-6% off invoice is roughly 11-12% off sticker.

With this Mojitio being "Used" and "Damaged in Transit", what would an offer look like to you guys?
I offered $33k and got the same response. Not in the market though.

HNL2LHC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shara & 2013 Denali
Spenchey do you work for a Dealer? If so let us know which one so we are sure to steer clear of it. I hate the BS games that Dealers play. I was just at one yesterday and it is so clear as to what they are trying to do. Just like you screw people out of their money. Why don’t you go dump your used crap somewhere else on the Interweb. Keep in mind guys that Jeep is no longer holding the warranty on this vehicle since parts have been replaced and painted. If the parts or paint fail you will have to chase after the company that painted it. I faught VW on this same thing years ago except I had a leg to stand on since I had documentation from VWNA that the pealing paint was in fact out of the factory. They wanted to repaint it for me but the painter would hold the warranty.

OP
OP
spenchey

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spenchey do you work for a Dealer? If so let us know which one so we are sure to steer clear of it. I hate the BS games that Dealers play. I was just at one yesterday and it is so clear as to what they are trying to do. Just like you screw people out of their money. Why don’t you go dump your used crap somewhere else on the Interweb. Keep in mind guys that Jeep is no longer holding the warranty on this vehicle since parts have been replaced and painted. If the parts or paint fail you will have to chase after the company that painted it. I faught VW on this same thing years ago except I had a leg to stand on since I had documentation from VWNA that the pealing paint was in fact out of the factory. They wanted to repaint it for me but the painter would hold the warranty.

First, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with your previous dealer. I agree there are some dealers out there that do what what you have stated.

Secondly, yes I do work for a dealership(s). I bleed everything that is Jeep. I tell our employees every day the more we can be like amazon the more successful we will be, that is my goal every day I unlock the store at 7 am. There are plenty of users on here that have made the personal decision to do business with us and have been very satisfied, or at least they tell me and our reviews from FCA. Unless those people are lying, I will continue to provide them and those like them our service the same way we always have.

Third, I've never sold anyone a car in my entire life. All customers in our store make an active choice to buy from us. I don't force anyone to get out their check book and write me a check right now. In fact, many drive from several states away, passing literally hundreds of FCA dealers to do business with us and our store. Moreover, I show every customer a carfax on the vehicle they are buying (if used), NADA book on what they are buying, and what similar vehicles are being advertised at. If they have a trade we also show them the carfax on their trade (you'd be surprised to how many people were lied to when they bought their current car, multiple owners, accidents reported, etc), book value on their trade, and what other dealers are writing checks for vehicles similar to theirs. And no, I don't do this for those that ask for it, I do it for every customer that wants to a buy a vehicle from us. I'd be surprised if half the dealers you walk into provide you with that information before you even open your mouth to start to request it.

Finally, I'm attaching the the pdf of the warranty coverage information from FCA as of today, Nov 29th 2018. As this is a used vehicle, yes, the warranty clock and miles has begun on a date of FCAs choosing (don't ask me how they determine when to start it because I don't know and they have not told me how they arrive at this), so yes there is warranty remaining on this vehicle.

I hope you can find a dealer that cares more about their customers than you have in the past. Happy Jeeping.
Sponsored

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.