Little things you discovered on your JL

Wicked Weasel

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL - Build date 06/18
Yes I like finding the little things! But I use it year round because of the seat warmers for my back pain!
I believe what you are asking is there a setting that overrides the temperature so it comes on all the time no matter what. I didnt see that functionality only "off, remote start, all starts", but no where to adjust the temperature.

I was thinking one of the programmers might do it, but I looked through the list of features on the programmers and didnt see this mentioned. I have seen Tazer take peoples suggestions and add the features. Maybe something you can ask them.
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Sometimes I fell like there is NOTHING little on my JL to be discovered.....(pause)

.. (said in counterbalanced tone) tons of little things to buy that I'll need yes, but discovered.....?????

amazing what other manufacturer's wouldn't even dream of not including that FCA gets away with on the Wrangler for the same reason that, well, you'll pardon the graphic, animals lick their privates....

..because they can....

Chjeeped:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chjeeped&utm_source=search-action

(in fairness, there's plenty under the rig that FCA puts the money you pay into that other manufacturers don't--so I do "get it")

Wife: "Where's the hood lock in this 'car' honey?"

Me: "On back order sweetie."

Wife: "On the back door---?? that's an odd place to put it!"

Last edited:

POWDO

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JLUR. I thought it was a freak thing but I experienced it 3 plus times now. If the outside temp is below 40 degrees, upon start up, the heated steering wheel and driver's seat warmers automatically come on. Not sure if it is a setting that I selected earlier on but it is pretty cool. Has anyone else noticed this?

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I have a JLUR. I thought it was a freak thing but I experienced it 3 plus times now. If the outside temp is below 40 degrees, upon start up, the heated steering wheel and driver's seat warmers automatically come on. Not sure if it is a setting that I selected earlier on but it is pretty cool. Has anyone else noticed this?
Yes, this is in the "comfort settings". I wish it was more configurable, like setting the temperature. The heated mirrors also come on, and if you have a hard top, the rear defroster. Bonus: if you left your wipers on -- because it was raining when you last parked -- they won't start wiping until you get in and press Start.

They're all nice features, coming from a Canadian... This morning in Montreal:

IMG_20181116_084448.jpg

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Hmmm, on my Ram, if I used remote start the heater/air would kick on high until I opened the door. After I opened the door they'd go back to the setting which had been last used before parking. IIRC the defrosters also kicked on when it was cold out. I'll have to see if the Jeep does the same thing or not.
PS. Tim, from Canada huh? If you're last name is Horton we really need to get to know each other. ;)

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I actually paid attention yesterday, when using remote start (temp was 33°). Heat does turn on high, until door is opened. Defroster, seats and steering wheel also turn on. So, the Wrangler acts the same way the Ram did

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I just discovered that there is an adjustment to bring the driver and passenger seat belt up higher. Just pinch in on both sides at the top above your shoulder and you can slide it up or down.

And I mentioned before, there is a steering wheel tilt lever.

Rasdanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I just found out that if you use Bluetooth music, you can connect almost immediately and start playing music by pressing the media button on the uconnect 2 times. Before this I had to hit media, Bluetooth, connect, play.

Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
How I missed this I don't know - when starting, "since 1941" shows up in the tach gauge window that then changes to show if you're in 4H, etc..

As far as Apple CarPlay it's funky at best but I found that if I start the Jeep, let it go through al the checks and balances then connect my locked phone it will start playing exactly where it left off. Otherwise it was, connect unlocked phone, select CarPlay/Music/Play.

jeepunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Had my JLUR a couple weeks now and just noticed the JL in morse code and the flip flops. Was also stoked to see the t-rex on the floor mats.

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Had my JLUR a couple weeks now and just noticed the JL in morse code and the flip flops. Was also stoked to see the t-rex on the floor mats.
Pics of floor mats please - haven't heard of or seen that. I don't seem to have the Morse Code on mine as it has the LED light in place of the best I can tell. Maybe it's different on Unlmited's?

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hmmm, on my Ram, if I used remote start the heater/air would kick on high until I opened the door. After I opened the door they'd go back to the setting which had been last used before parking. IIRC the defrosters also kicked on when it was cold out. I'll have to see if the Jeep does the same thing or not.
PS. Tim, from Canada huh? If you're last name is Horton we really need to get to know each other. ;)
It does...go to settings in your radio and then scroll down to "auto on comfort"...it's there.

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Pics of floor mats please - haven't heard of or seen that. I don't seem to have the Morse Code on mine as it has the LED light in place of the best I can tell. Maybe it's different on Unlmited's?
It's on the MOPAR Jeep all weather mats that you have to pay for. They don't come with your Jeep unless you ordered them.
Sponsored