Adaptive Cruise Control 2019- need report from new owners

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
When someone gets a new 2019 with the adaptive cruise control and collision avoidance features, please report on its functionality. So far no one outside of Jeep knows exactly how it will work, speculation is all we have at this point. Will is support stop and go without resetting in busy traffic? Will the collision avoidance do only partial braking or will it do a full stop? Etc, etc.
thanks in advance
Sponsored

JohnnyB54

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
When someone gets a new 2019 with the adaptive cruise control and collision avoidance features, please report on its functionality. So far no one outside of Jeep knows exactly how it will work, speculation is all we have at this point. Will is support stop and go without resetting in busy traffic? Will the collision avoidance do only partial braking or will it do a full stop? Etc, etc.
thanks in advance
My JLUS is built and waiting to be shipped. I figure it should arrive within the next 2-3 weeks. If no one posts any info on the Advanced Safety Group Iā€™ll post pics and whatever info I have.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
I've noticed that you have a TTRS. Are you getting rid of that beast for the Jeep?
Probably. Can't drive that car hard anywhere but a road course, and track time is very, very expensive. I am putting 16-20k miles per year on it daily driving. It's fun, I ran a 3.2s 0-60 and 11.7s 1/4 after new tires and wheels, and it hauls on road courses. It has a lot of utility for a sports car, but that means almost no utility. ;)

Every track session costs $500+ when you factor in brakes and tires. I end up getting out once every couple of months at most. So, while I enjoy DDing the car and listening to the exhaust, I can't really do much with it on the street, it's just too fast. Any more than slight throttle and the speed limit is well broken before you know it. Coupled with the lack of utility, it just doesn't make sense. I don't have room for multiple cars for myself, so it's likely I will trade it in.

Sponsored

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Probably. Can't drive that car hard anywhere but a road course, and track time is very, very expensive. I am putting 16-20k miles per year on it daily driving. It's fun, I ran a 3.2s 0-60 and 11.7s 1/4 after new tires and wheels, and it hauls on road courses. It has a lot of utility for a sports car, but that means almost no utility. ;)

Every track session costs $500+ when you factor in brakes and tires. I end up getting out once every couple of months at most. So, while I enjoy DDing the car and listening to the exhaust, I can't really do much with it on the street, it's just too fast. Any more than slight throttle and the speed limit is well broken before you know it. Coupled with the lack of utility, it just doesn't make sense. I don't have room for multiple cars for myself, so it's likely I will trade it in.
I totally understand what you mean. I was gonna pull the trigger on an RS3 but ended up with a C43 AMG. But like you said, it's expensive to have track days for sure. I've had a few cars I tracked but now I'm ready for a different kind of fun with my Jeep.

I will be trading mine in as well when my Rubi JL arrives. Can't wait...

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t
thanks in advance
Iā€™m not getting a ā€˜19, but I can absolutely assure you it will do none of these things...

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Iā€™m not getting a ā€˜19, but I can absolutely assure you it will do none of these things...
Agreed. Manufacturers list 'Stop and go ACC' as a separate feature when equipped as such, and Jeep has no such description for the Advanced Safety Group.

That said, I find 'regular' ACC to be a godsend on the highway, and I drive manual anyway ('Stop and Go' can't work with manuals, obviously). I also like emergency braking, but don't want it to do panic stops (these systems do occasionally have false positives from cars/obstacles that aren't actually in your lane).

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I totally understand what you mean. I was gonna pull the trigger on an RS3 but ended up with a C43 AMG. But like you said, it's expensive to have track days for sure. I've had a few cars I tracked but now I'm ready for a different kind of fun with my Jeep.

I will be trading mine in as well when my Rubi JL arrives. Can't wait...
Not to go off topic but a Jeep from a performance car is something I don't plan on doing again. Meaning, my Jeep I am going to have for awhile as opposed to buying a new car every year or two. I've had multiple Jeeps and multiple fast vehicles and mirror both your sentiments. Two of the biggest things I absolutely love about Jeeps is you are no longer in a rush to get every where. For some reason I feel like I constantly have to go fast just because my vehicle can. There is a lot of freedom with Jeeps. Another thing is I constantly worry about door dings and everything else. Heck we had snow just recently and I was not looking forward to driving in it. In a Jeep, its all Lets Go!! I never once worried about that with my Jeep. Can't wait until mine gets out of I status and lands. I miss the freedom of a Jeep big time.

Sponsored

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Agreed. Manufacturers list 'Stop and go ACC' as a separate feature when equipped as such, and Jeep has no such description for the Advanced Safety Group.
My wife has ACC with Stop and Go on her CRV and I've never seen listed.
All these FCA vehicles have it, why wouldn't a Wrangler?
  • 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia
  • 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
  • 2018 Chrysler 300
  • 2018 Chrysler Pacifica
  • 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid plug-in
  • 2018 Dodge Charger
  • 2018 Dodge Durango
  • 2018 Jeep Cherokee
  • 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Right. "With stop" is what they call it.
Is ACC really available from anyone without stop and go?
Sponsored