Stupid Things Dealers and their Sales People have said about the Wrangler

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I was told by multiple local (high volume) dealerships that NO ONE would be getting below MSRP for a long, long time :facepalm:
I had a dealer in California (San Leandro) offer me 4% above MSRP for my order. lmao

He said they are pricing it up because of demand.

I ended up getting 6% below invoice elsewhere.

Joltes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon, 1969 VW Beetle
Vehicle Showcase
I had a dealer in California (San Leandro) offer me 4% above MSRP for my order. lmao

He said they are pricing it up because of demand.

I ended up getting 6% below invoice elsewhere.

I think everyone would like to know where you can get it at 6% below.... Do tell.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I think everyone would like to know where you can get it at 6% below.... Do tell.
Secret. =)

It isn't an advertised price. It was the result of some haggling/price matching to get it there. I'll post it up once my deal is done and I have the Jeep. Don't want them getting inundated with "I saw this guy on a forum that got 6% from you guys" and have them back out.

Even though they already signed an agreement for that price.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Secret. =)

It isn't an advertised price. It was the result of some haggling/price matching to get it there. I'll post it up once my deal is done and I have the Jeep. Don't want them getting inundated with "I saw this guy on a forum that got 6% from you guys" and have them back out.

Even though they already signed an agreement for that price.
Do you have a trade in?

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Negative. The deal I made with the dealer wasn't contingent on a trade.

I made sure of that. Because I knew they'd try to jab me on that aspect.

Also not contingent on financing through them. I'll be going with Digital Credit Union at 2.24%/60months.
nice job then. :like:

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
The first dealer I went to had no idea even what a JL was. I had a list of options and features with me that I had questions about, he was obviously clueless. He got excited when I got to the back up camera and he said "you have to get that after market" - he looked sad when I told him it was now included. They then tried to get me to leave a $5,000 non-refundable deposit.

Another dealer said - "yeah, we have those on a truck coming in" - he then showed me the stickers for 2018 JK's - he had no info about the JL. He also wanted a $5,000 non-refundable deposit.

I finally found a great dealer - he admitted that he didn't know much about the JL and figured out all the options an ordering with me.
...and they only wanted a $1,000 refundable deposit. He has also been great with my questions since then and some changes to my order.

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Dillons is about 8% under invoice. Have to finance with them though.

IMG_7365.jpg
Good deal for sure. But their doc fee is about 2% of invoice.

7.5% at Dillon’s in Boise if you use their financing. 6.5% cash price. $299 doc fee.
That's damn good. It's about 5.5% after that doc fee though. Which is still amazing.

Both of these are contingent on their financing, which I heard is a minimum of 4% APR. That'll add up for a $45k car over 5 years. Yikes.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Good deal for sure. But their doc fee is about 2% of invoice.

That's damn good. It's about 5.5% after that doc fee though. Which is still amazing.

Both of these are contingent on their financing, which I heard is a minimum of 4% APR. That'll add up for a $45k car over 5 years. Yikes.
I think you need to run that calculation again. $299 is nowhere near 2%.