Uconnect/Stereo issues: turns off and restarts for no aparent reason

DarkWater

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi
My stereo is the 8.4" with Navigation and the Alpine Speakers/subwoofer system. After 5 months of ownership with ZERO issues has started shutting off and then restarting itself as if I am turning it and off while in use. So far it has just been annoying but I can see if I was navigating or using the hands free how this could cause numerous issues.

I haven't been able to find any obvious issue like loose wires or power issues that would explain this? There are no warning lights or other indicators of an issue. I want to note also that the electrical system and stereo is completely stock, unaltered or added to at this point...

Is anyone else having this issue? I saw somewhere that there was an issue with the Uconnect system, is this what they were referring to?

Thanks all!
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Have you run through your fuse box (Under the hood) to check the seating of the fuses yet? Many of us have found that most, if not all of the fuses are in the box and not fully secured. To check them, just open the hood, then the fuse box lid, then push down on each fuse until they click. Do the same for the relays while you're in there. This seems to be the culprit with several items cutting on/off sporadically. While it may not be your issue, it's worth a check.

Hope that helps...

Jeffreyhack

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
My stereo is the 8.4" with Navigation and the Alpine Speakers/subwoofer system. After 5 months of ownership with ZERO issues has started shutting off and then restarting itself as if I am turning it and off while in use. So far it has just been annoying but I can see if I was navigating or using the hands free how this could cause numerous issues.

I haven't been able to find any obvious issue like loose wires or power issues that would explain this? There are no warning lights or other indicators of an issue. I want to note also that the electrical system and stereo is completely stock, unaltered or added to at this point...

Is anyone else having this issue? I saw somewhere that there was an issue with the Uconnect system, is this what they were referring to?

Thanks all!
Happened to me 2x today. I have no idea why.

BeerGuyNS

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Occupation
Retail Manager
Vehicle Showcase
3 months no issues... at all. last two times i plugged my phone in to play tunes, a few minutes in... pop, black screen and restarts. i have to even reset the clock. Otherwise, radio and from flash drive works fine.

mjshaq

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL Sting Grey ,2017 Lexus RX350 F - Sport, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Just starting happening today to my wife while she was talking to me. In a matter of 5 minutes happened 3 times. Anyone have a clue on what is going on. I am having her call our service advisor.

Sponsored

Brian08

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 2500HD
We are having the same issues cut off 6 times today.. We do have JL taser I dont think it could cause it. I will be checking the fuses today.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Same issue here after Off Road Pages update over the weekend. Radio randomly re-boots. Arghhh.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thankfully ours didnt do it after the other day, we'll see how it goes. Does anyone know how to access Yelp on the 8.4" Uconnect?

Seansun01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL, build date 12/12/17; 2015 Harley-Davidson Heritage Classic Softail
Is there any chance this has something to do with the latest software update?

Sponsored

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there any chance this has something to do with the latest software update?
I'd say yes as it never acted oddly before the update with the ORP.

mjshaq

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL Sting Grey ,2017 Lexus RX350 F - Sport, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
New update::
Jeep was towed to Dealership 2 weeks ago because battery was dead every morning. After getting FCA involved and Jeep Cares we finally got a replacement unit authorized along with both batteries being replaced as well. So far after picking up everything is working well. It was tough due to them getting to understand issue of rebooting and battery going dead had to get Jeep towed to finally get them to take action.

BluebirdsMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited
I have similar issues of my UConnect going on and off. I have a 2018 JLU Sahara. I noticed it goes off mostly when I use my USB flash drive for music. If I cycle thru the songs with the search knob to look for a certain song, the system can't keep up and read what's on the drive, the song file names don't list. Sometimes the song file list doesn't match up to what's playing. Also, if I leave the USB flash drive plugged in, it usually plays where it left off if I turn off the vehicle, but more often than not it doesn't play where it left off, It mostly restarts itself when I turn the Jeep on and it always starts on the same song that is not listed first on the flash drive. I mean literally the same song always. I can delete and add songs on the flash drive, changing the order of the songs listed in alpha, but it will still start with that same song if it's on the flash drive. It's all more annoying than anything. Checked UConnect online to see if I needed an update or if one was available for my Jeep but there wasn't one.

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This just happened to me today. My radio has not been updated with off-road pages. Anyone know of a solution?

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This just happened to me today. My radio has not been updated with off-road pages. Anyone know of a solution?
Worst case you could disconnect the battery(s) but that will cause EVERYTHING to reset itself & you have to make sure to do it properly. Ours thankfully fixed itself after a few drive cycles.
Sponsored