Sponsored

When your parts arrive before your Jeep!

OP
OP

Jeddi

First Name
Jeddi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK8
It's a 2012 JK8. It was available kit from Mopar for a few years, which let you convert a JK Unlimited into a truck. Funky looking but very useful rig.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
It's a 2012 JK8. It was available kit from Mopar for a few years, which let you convert a JK Unlimited into a truck. Funky looking but very useful rig.
Very cool! I've never seen one before, but looks like a lot of fun.

Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to my supplier (TMG) my wheels and tires came in earlier than my custom ordered JL. Had nothing better to do but to try them on my current rig. They look great but I have to admit I do notice a significant change in lag in power and drivability going from 35's to 37"s (same brand). So I might have to think twice about my JL's Plan of Action.

View attachment 109172

View attachment 109169

View attachment 109170
If you have the auto JL coming, you might save those 37’s. The 8 speed is sweet!

OP
OP

Jeddi

First Name
Jeddi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK8
I placed an order for almost fully loaded 2019 JLR and yes the parts are pilling up. Off course these tires and wheels, Rubicon Express Super Flex, Spiderwebshades, N-fab bars and more. Getting a lot of cool ideas off the forum.

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I placed an order for almost fully loaded 2019 JLR and yes the parts are pilling up. Off course these tires and wheels, Rubicon Express Super Flex, Spiderwebshades, N-fab bars and more. Getting a lot of cool ideas off the forum.
And now the waiting game! Do you know when your JL will arrive yet?

OP
OP

Jeddi

First Name
Jeddi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK8
It's been in D1 statues for what appears to be forever (probably over a week), hoping it will be ready in 2-4 weeks. Test drove the 2.0T and immediately noticed the extra pep, so I'm going with that and all Sting Gray exterior.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks to my supplier (TMG) my wheels and tires came in earlier than my custom ordered JL. Had nothing better to do but to try them on my current rig. They look great but I have to admit I do notice a significant change in lag in power and drivability going from 35's to 37"s (same brand). So I might have to think twice about my JL's Plan of Action.
Welcome to the club. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/poll-how-much-have-you-spent-on-accessories.11010/

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Ordering and getting parts in anticipation of the rig's arrival can make the wait for the vehicle that much more profound, I can say from experience.

But perhaps, for me at least, waiting on stuff that developers promised months ago, with rig in my possession is more frustrating.

I'm not talking about things the aftermarket has yet to produce: because while frustrating I have nobody but myself to finger, having bought the newly designed rig with the open eyes of knowing the aftermarket would have to redesign/retool/retest and catch up.

I'm taking about basic things like a hood lock. It frustrates me to no end that such a universal feature in vehicles, that at least thwarts a burglar's intentions if not stops them, is found in models with so much less things of value under the hood to steal.

OP
OP

Jeddi

First Name
Jeddi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK8
I think most of that has to do with Jeep holding out specs on the JL, so they get a head start on accessories. I know most of my suppliers struggled earlier this year just to get their hands on an JL. But don't worry in matter of no time, they'll be ton of cool stuff available.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Already have hotheads liners, numerous small accessories (paint, flashlight, first aid, grab handles, paint prot. film, etc.), and my lift arrived yesterday. I’ll probably have my winch and both bumpers + tire carrier here before the Jeep gets to the dealership.

I’ll be a busy dude for the first week or so.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
The purchase of a Wrangler, or so I tell my wife, involves two outlays of cash, one initially small one and a larger one later.

The first buys the rig.;)

OP
OP

Jeddi

First Name
Jeddi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK8
I ended up getting a Raptor couple of years ago because of my 3 year old, but we both now like driving the JK8 more. For me it's just a simple cool nibble rig to ride. After the JL comes one of them has to go!
Sponsored