First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

If you lifted your Jeep, do this. Don't blind everyone.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@RogueKJ
Your video will be helpful to those that need the visual, etc.. Great that you took the time to do the video...

I did not hear it mentioned, but the following should also be in place before you do the adjustment:
  • Tire pressures need to be adjusted to what you run the tires with on the road
  • No large accumulations of mud, snow, sleet on the JL
  • Full tank of gas
  • No luggage, pay load in the back of the JL (leave in back what you always carry)
  • Should be adjusted with an average weight driver sitting in the driver's seat. No passenger's
  • After parking at 25' distance back from the wall.... rock the JL, side to side, 3 or 4 times to allow suspension to settle
To adjust:

When you adjust, have your headlamps on LOW beam, not bright beam.

Looking down at the adjuster's, you turn them clockwise (turn to the right) to go UP and counter clockwise (turn to the left) to go DOWN.

---------

-Do know that your fog lights also can also be adjusted as needed. Each fog light has an adjuster.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
@RogueKJ
Your video will be helpful to those that need the visual, etc.. Great that you took the time to do the video...

I did not hear it mentioned, but the following should also be in place before you do the adjustment:
  • Tire pressures need to be adjusted to what you run the tires with on the road
  • No large accumulations of mud, snow, sleet on the JL
  • Full tank of gas
  • No luggage, pay load in the back of the JL (leave in back what you always carry)
  • Should be adjusted with an average weight driver sitting in the driver's seat. No passenger's
  • After parking at 25' distance back from the wall.... rock the JL, side to side, 3 or 4 times to allow suspension to settle
To adjust:

When you adjust, have your headlamps on LOW beam, not bright beam.

Looking down at the adjuster's, you turn them clockwise (turn to the right) to go UP and counter clockwise (turn to the left) to go DOWN.

---------

-Do know that your fog lights also can also be adjusted as needed. Each fog light has an adjuster.

Good info thanks.

Sponsored

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Just be careful the plastic adjusters have plastic gears in them and they strip very easily

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Where did you get the blind spot mirrors from? 4:02 mark on the video.
I got them at AutoZone. Super cheap and easy, makes a world of difference.

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
Thanks. My Jeep isn’t lifted but I get flashed by oncoming traffic like 4-6 times each morning on my commute. Will definitely be checking this out.
Video worked great. Quick and easy fix. At 25’ my factory rubicon halogen headlights were hitting at around 4’ off ground. Brought both sides down a foot. Hoping that reduces the number of flashes I get. Thanks again :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Video worked great. Quick and easy fix. At 25’ my factory rubicon halogen headlights were hitting at around 4’ off ground. Brought both sides down a foot. Hoping that reduces the number of flashes I get. Thanks again :like:
That is great to hear. Glad it helped out.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase

If you lifted your Jeep, do this. Don't blind everyone.
It took 3 minutes to do this! I kept putting it off because I've been busy & thought it would be more involved. Thanks for posting this!

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
It took 3 minutes to do this! I kept putting it off because I've been busy & thought it would be more involved. Thanks for posting this!
No problem, glad it is helping people out.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
No problem, glad it is helping people out.
I almost didn't account for curb/sidewalk height when measuring 3' up. I picked a flat school parking lot near my house, measured 25' away, and measured 3' up the wall. The top of my headlights' beam was right on the 3' mark. I was confused about why I've been getting flashed while driving, and almost went home without adjusting them. I knew the line needed to be 3' up from where my tires contact the ground, but I hadn't taken into account the height of the curb/sidewalk next to the building. I needed a line on the wall 6" lower! 6" curb + 30" up the wall = 36" beam height.

I don't know if you can add a comment regarding curbs and such, but it might help. I know you say 'level surface' in the video, but I was focused on having no significant hill or pitch for water run-off. Your video is clear, but a comment about taking curb height into account might help others from making my near-mistake.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I almost didn't account for curb/sidewalk height when measuring 3' up. I picked a flat school parking lot near my house, measured 25' away, and measured 3' up the wall. The top of my headlights' beam was right on the 3' mark. I was confused about why I've been getting flashed while driving, and almost went home without adjusting them. I knew the line needed to be 3' up from where my tires contact the ground, but I hadn't taken into account the height of the curb/sidewalk next to the building. I needed a line on the wall 6" lower! 6" curb + 30" up the wall = 36" beam height.

I don't know if you can add a comment regarding curbs and such, but it might help. I know you say 'level surface' in the video, but I was focused on having no significant hill or pitch for water run-off. Your video is clear, but a comment about taking curb height into account might help others from making my near-mistake.
Good tip. I will add this in the description. Thanks for the feed back.
Sponsored