Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Thinking about pulling the trigger on some Ultimate Dana 60's to have some more confidence off road. Anybody running a set yet??

They sure look nice!!

18-DSP-001-Ultimate-60-Front-Axle.jpg
Sponsored

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Thinking about pulling the trigger on some Ultimate Dana 60's to have some more confidence off road. Anybody running a set yet??

They sure look nice!!

18-DSP-001-Ultimate-60-Front-Axle.jpg
Not even remotely in the cards for me right now; I'm just curious what you're doing with your JL to even consider an upgrade like this! Show us some pictures!

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Not even remotely in the cards for me right now; I'm just curious what you're doing with your JL to even consider an upgrade like this! Show us some pictures!
37”s can beat the hell out of an axle. This would be a justifiable upgrade for those looking to run a 36”-40” tire with any amount of reliability.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
37”s can beat the hell out of an axle. This would be a justifiable upgrade for those looking to run a 36”-40” tire with any amount of reliability.
I just want to see pictures with JLs doing all of this. Gussets/sleeves sort out most of the 37" issues on past axles, going to a Dana 60 Ultimate is next level. I'm super impressed folks are driving their JLs that hard and would love to see photos.

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
I just want to see pictures with JLs doing all of this. Gussets/sleeves sort out most of the 37" issues on past axles, going to a Dana 60 Ultimate is next level. I'm super impressed folks are driving their JLs that hard and would love to see photos.
Gussets and sleeving the tubes adds strength to the housing, but a d44 will always have a smaller ring gear, pinion gear, and axle shaft than a d60.

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Some of us just don't like to have issues when we go out on the trail.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Gussets and sleeving the tubes adds strength to the housing, but a d44 will always have a smaller ring gear, pinion gear, and axle shaft than a d60.
Absolutely, just haven't seen these things being major failure points on 37" tires unless you're really banging on them. I'm not posting to debate the upgrade, I just wanted to see photos of what people were running in a JL to upgrade to 60s.

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Absolutely, just haven't seen these things being major failure points on 37" tires unless you're really banging on them. I'm not posting to debate the upgrade, I just wanted to see photos of what people were running in a JL to upgrade to 60s.
Who said anything about 37's?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Check out what these folks are doing on a rubi with 38's and stock d44 axles with 4.10 gears.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anybody running Ultimate Dana 60's yet? {filename}

Sponsored

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Check out what these folks are doing on a rubi with 38's and stock d44 axles with 4.10 gears.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anybody running Ultimate Dana 60's yet? {filename}
Unrelated. Please pay attention.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
And check out this unreal hill climb...fast forward to 19 minutes.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Unrelated. Please pay attention.
It is actually related to your comment about not liking issues on the trail...learn to think outside the box. Point being...those folks are doing that crazy wheeling on d44 axles. Do you plan on doing tougher trails?

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Besides using those large tires as big levers to bend axles, that’s not the kind of banging around that I believe will cause a need for D60’s. I wouldn’t mind the upgrade but really you might as well put at least 40’s on there if you do that, then driveshafts, the associated stage 3 or 4 lift, and other suspension components. Please do it and share the pricetag and lots of pics!

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
It is actually related to your comment about not liking issues on the trail...learn to think outside the box. Point being...those folks are doing that crazy wheeling on d44 axles. Do you plan on doing tougher trails?
Let's think outside the box together.

Have you swapped in Ultimate Dana 60's?

Besides using those large tires as big levers to bend axles, that’s not the kind of banging around that I believe will cause a need for D60’s. I wouldn’t mind the upgrade but really you might as well put at least 40’s on there if you do that, then driveshafts, the associated stage 3 or 4 lift, and other suspension components. Please do it and share the pricetag and lots of pics!
I understand the swap. I'm interested in asking people who have done the swap specific questions. :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.