67 Designs RAIL now available for the JL

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
I did the same thing :). Dry fitting everything before I paint...I have a hatch I am putting in to access the underneath storage too.

3CAE1B00-4064-4D18-B843-E59B259217C2.jpeg

C698FD6F-DCD0-44C1-86FC-56E03FC4A862.jpeg

Yes sir!!!

Love fabrication work,.....nice job
Sponsored

Reactions: aml

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just a little TIP. You do not need a drill or to lower windshield to tap the other holes. The plastic is so soft i just grabbed a drill bit by hand and turned it and it made a hole lol.
If the material is so soft what are the screws even going to hold?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
If the material is so soft what are the screws even going to hold?
The screws do grip but honestly without the main screw that bolts to the dash they probably would just rip out. I'm thinking its more to hold down the double sided tape until it cures etc.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
I know this thread is about the Rail Addition, but we did talk about the Driver Addition early on as another option. And, since Lite Brite did take the time to video an install, I thought you might like a look see ... the first three minutes show the phone mount ... after that, you're on your own:

Last edited:

Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
I got sucked in and broke down. I ordered the system. HOWEVER their iPad mini holder was stupid ridiculous expensive so for about 1/3 of the price I bought the Ram mount one.
Well damn, I finally pulled the trigger also. Still can't make up my mind on using an Android mini or my old smartphone ... which comes with the wife's old smartphone as a backup. I was still on the fence with placing an order, until I discover this hidden in plain sight on the "Universal Aluminum Squeeze Holder ..." page:

Large - ideal for iPad Mini, iPad Pro 9.7 size smaller tablets. COMING DECEMBER 2018

Had been leaning towards buying the Ram holder for the mini, but it isn't really a clean and neat looking solution. I'm sure it works great, but just couldn't get over the double-spider, contraption look to it. When I stumbled upon the large "phone holder" tonight that was all it took. I'll make a redneck adapter to mount the mini to the phone holder to get me through till December.

Also bought a 20mm ball-to-17mm ball adapter. That will allow me to sneak a Garmin GPS unit on the arm once in awhile.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
Well damn, I finally pulled the trigger also. Still can't make up my mind on using an Android mini or my old smartphone ... which comes with the wife's old smartphone as a backup. I was still on the fence with placing an order, until I discover this hidden in plain sight on the "Universal Aluminum Squeeze Holder ..." page:

Large - ideal for iPad Mini, iPad Pro 9.7 size smaller tablets. COMING DECEMBER 2018

Had been leaning towards buying the Ram holder for the mini, but it isn't really a clean and neat looking solution. I'm sure it works great, but just couldn't get over the double-spider, contraption look to it. When I stumbled upon the large "phone holder" tonight that was all it took. I'll make a redneck adapter to mount the mini to the phone holder to get me through till December.

Also bought a 20mm ball-to-17mm ball adapter. That will allow me to sneak a Garmin GPS unit on the arm once in awhile.
That would be nice. I hope the price is closer to the medium sized universal one than the current 3D printed iPad holder.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Wow, that’s great timing. Glad it worked out.
Well the awesome Combo slide came today with the custom Cook Partner stove. The bad news is FEDEX beat the crap out of it and crushed one whole side. The guys at AT Overland were great. Sending me a new one today. The custom Cook Partner stove is really nice.

Sponsored

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
Sorry it came damaged. That slide is heavy! Did you get the smaller (5lb) propane tank? This is my second partner stove. My first one is 22”. They are great stoves. I am thinking about getting rid of it just because I have so many ways to cook now :)

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90