Sky One-Touch Power Soft Top Jeep JL's!

Yellowrove

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 jk and soon to be 2018 jl
Has anyone had issues with the skytop closing or opening?

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Hi Gregodav here.
I will eventually get to a real review. In the meanwhile...
This is for anyone who has been thinking about the Sky One-Touch Power Top.

@Templeton -- I know you are waiting for your Ocean Blue.
You will love this new Jeep.

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I knew I would rais and lower the top multiple times a day. I had NO idea how many times I would.

This morning as I drove into work on my normal 15 minute commute. I was stuck in a rare traffice jamb for 15 minutes. It was my first day to work after I picked up the new Jeep.

There are plenty of Jeeps in Wichita. I probably passed 10. Mostly hard tops. All with their tops up - as it was a little chilly.

I was sitting in the Jeep finding an XM radio station for a few minutes when it dawned on me -- I could open the top and keep the heater on. It was sunnny outside and my top speed was 8 miles per hour. So for the next 10 minutes I enjoyed the sunrise a little morte than most in the traffic jamb.
"Power Top" wins again.

Templeton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR Sport; Lexus GX
Hi Gregodav here.
I will eventually get to a real review. In the meanwhile...
This is for anyone who has been thinking about the Sky One-Touch Power Top.

@Templeton -- I know you are waiting for your Ocean Blue.
You will love this new Jeep.
thank you for the shout out!

You should post this on the other forum too! I think I might now only be a week or two away!

nbvolks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Jeep yet
I'm also guessing that Jeeps equipped with the Sky One Touch roof cannot lower their windshields?

Carnut12

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2020 BMW M4
I currently have a 2016 AEV JK350, I am thinking hard about ordering a JL with the One Touch or finding one in Stock that fits my needs/wants. I rarely put my Top down because of the inconvenience, I even kept my Hardtop on all Summer last year because I did not want to deal with changing them. This looks like the perfect solution. Also my JK350 in my opinion is a little too high, too difficult for the kids to get in and out, I wouldn't mind going to 33" tires with a little bit lower Jeep. Someone mentioned it earlier, I also have kids that play hockey and putting stuff (Especially Hockey Bags or Golf Clubs) in the back with the soft-top is an absolute Pain In The A$$.

Anyway this is my first post on this forum, great looking rides, I may be joining you soon.

Last edited:

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I currently have a 2016 AEV JK350, I am thinking hard about ordering a JL with the One Touch or finding one in Stock that fits my needs/wants. I rarely put my Top down because of the inconvenience, I even kept my Hardtop on all Summer last year because I did not want to deal with changing them. This looks like the perfect solution. Also my JK350 in my opinion is a little too high, too difficult for the kids to get in and out, I wouldn't mind going to 33" tires with a little bit lower Jeep. Someone mentioned it earlier, I also have kids that play hockey and putting stuff (Especially Hockey Bags or Golf Clubs) in the back with the soft-top is an absolute Pain In The A$$.

Anyway this is my first post on this forum, great looking rides, I may be joining you soon.
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here and looking at the Sky One-Touch Power Top.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Can someone take a few pictures of how far back the top goes? I'm worried that the top doesn't even go back past the rear crossmember or at least get flush with it.

rearcm.jpg

I'm trying to decide if it's worth an extra $500 to get the Sky One Touch over the MyTop which goes all the way back

Also how much extra hardware is on the rail area compared to a soft top, because I noticed the roof is a lot higher on hardtops to accommodate the One Touch Top.
onetouchrails.JPG

railsextra.JPG

For $500 less, I could get this which is quieter and more insulated, but doesn't look as good with it up unless you get the fast back version which looks really good.

Which looks better with the top down, but hardtop always looks better vs soft top up

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here is another observation when comparing a soft-top against the Sky One-Touch Power Top.

It is much tighter and more insulated. It has only dropped to freezing twice since I have had it, but it is definitely quieter and warmer than the soft top. That is a huge plus for hard winters on the prairies, where the wind blow 50 mph on a frequent basis.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I feel like the giant plastic sport bar is holding back a lot of hidden potential for freedom

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I feel like the giant plastic sport bar is holding back a lot of hidden potential for freedom
I agree . I would feel better if it similar to the JK style. Smaller and padded.
Sponsored