Wrangled

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else thinking that the aftermarket for front bumpers has gone into the dystopian future? I've been holding out for more choices but those offered up at SEMA looked right out of Mad Max and the Thunderdome. They'd be at home in some wild action movie, but back to reality, I thought most of them were unnecessarily gargantuan. That Mopar steel bumper may be the one after all ha ha. Just curious what everyone else's impressions were.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I thought AEV's new stubby bumper was pretty great. It's well thought out too. I've got that one at the top of my shopping list now.

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I thought AEV's new stubby bumper was pretty great. It's well thought out too. I've got that one at the top of my shopping list now.
That plus it's modular so you could (I'm sure at cost) be able to switch between stubby for trails and full width for road. I'll either go with that or the modular ICON one for the same reason.

Tylerjcloud92

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport
I think that one would look better without that big grille guard I wish it was optional.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I agree, the bumper selection was pretty rough...

I did like the one the Icon 4x4 Jeep had, the genright bumper, and the Expedition One.

Sponsored

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I understand the need for extra protection because of the cross-member and sway bar disconnect but they are really getting out of hand, imo. That is why I ordered the steel bumpers, too.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I debated on ordering the Mopar steel bumpers, because why spend money on something you are going to replace. Due to my poor foresight, I placed my 2019 order a couple weeks before SEMA with the steel bumpers. Before SEMA, I didn't see much that interested me. Now that SEMA is here, nothing stood out to me either. Part of me likes the AEV front bumper, and although very functional, I don't necessarily like how the bumper and the lights and the radiator protection bar block the classic Jeep grill.