Sponsored

How long does it take to actually build the Jeep JL on the assembly line?

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
This may have been asked before but i could not find it. I was wondering how long it actually takes to build the jeep. Not talking about shipping ect. Just the time it takes to put it together once they start the build process.
Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
From another forum I am on: there is a factory worker that posts:
Oct 19, 2017 · #7

Per our Secret Squirrel© ArcherAce at the factory, it takes ~24hrs to build a Wrangler.

I would assume roughy the same for the JL.

whatroads

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 QC 4x4, 2012 Wangler
It's really a matter of how long your money will last. It generally takes me multiple years. Save money, Spend, replace/add new parts, Save money again
I set goals. I always add/update protection first, (Skid plates, rock rails, bumpers). Then I take the Jeep out and use it before I set my sights on the next changes

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
It's really a matter of how long your money will last. It generally takes me multiple years. Save money, Spend, replace/add new parts, Save money again
I set goals. I always add/update protection first, (Skid plates, rock rails, bumpers). Then I take the Jeep out and use it before I set my sights on the next changes
You are a little bit lost from OP's question.

He was referring to the literal birth of a new Wrangler.

Sponsored

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
I fully expect
From another forum I am on: there is a factory worker that posts:
Oct 19, 2017 · #7

Per our Secret Squirrel© ArcherAce at the factory, it takes ~24hrs to build a Wrangler.

I would assume roughy the same for the JL.
I fully expected someone to say the Chrysler/Fiat assembly line cranks out a Jeep Wrangler every 8 minutes or something absurdly fast like that!

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
24 hours even seems a bit long. I wonder if that is over two shifts and includes down time or just 24 hours in motion until driven out the door?

Was/is the wrangler factory working around the clock? 3 shifts? or just one or two?

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

I'd guess the actual assembly of the final parts takes about an hour start to finish. Stuff like the engines, transmissions and wiring harnesses are sourced elsewhere and would not be counted in the final assembly time.

I took a tour of the Ford F-150 assembly line in Dearborn once, it's amazing how quick they put those things together.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
24 hours even seems a bit long. I wonder if that is over two shifts and includes down time or just 24 hours in motion until driven out the door?

Was/is the wrangler factory working around the clock? 3 shifts? or just one or two?
250,000 vehicles in 12 months. Call it 20,000/month. 6 days/week. So around 800 Jeeps/day I guess.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I read up to 600 per shift, 1200 per day in 2 shifts. Tha'ts 75 per hour in an 8 hour shift (maybe shifts are 10 hours?), so that works out to 1.25 per minute, or probably a Jeep roughly every 50 seconds. That's impressive!

They were at 150 per shift in early December, so I doubt they are up to full speed, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are at 250 or 300 per shift by now. Maybe up to 400? It would be interesting to know how fast the line is humming along now.

OP
OP

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
This may have been asked before but i could not find it. I was wondering how long it actually takes to build the jeep. Not talking about shipping ect. Just the time it takes to put it together once they start the build process.
Your talking about taking all the final components and making a Wrangler out of them correct?

As much as this is a "do to" process it of course pails in comparison to the labor that went into the components that were shipped to the factory to be assembled on to the chassis.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
What about the time from order to delivery?
Sponsored