Sponsored

Custom Order - Body Color Freedom Hardtop for JLU Wrangler Sport S?

MotoOverland

First Name
Moto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Golf TDI
Will FCA allow for a special order of a body color match Freedom Top for a 2018 JLU Wrangler Sport S? Not sure how that would be a problem if the customer is willing to pay the upcharge for it.

I wanted to ask here 1st before I start sending order bids to my local Jeep dealers.

Jeep2018_Sahara.png
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I know they won't do it as part of a factory order. They may sell/paint it as a MOPAR part though it is not in the catalog that has been released so far. They want you to go with the higher trim to get the painted top.

Gemstoner

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GC Altitude Billet Silver, lowered
I know they won't do it as part of a factory order. They may sell/paint it as a MOPAR part though it is not in the catalog that has been released so far. They want you to go with the higher trim to get the painted top.

How about a special order contrast color hardtop for Sahara . Is that an option ?
How retro cool would be Ocean Blue with white top! Like the JK “Chief”

upload_2018-10-30_8-39-22.png

upload_2018-10-30_8-39-22.jpeg

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
How about a special order contrast color hardtop for Sahara . Is that an option ?
How retro cool would be Ocean Blue with white top! Like the JK “Chief”

upload_2018-10-30_8-39-22.png

upload_2018-10-30_8-39-22.jpeg
My guess would be unless it’s released as a special edition sometime, you’re looking at custom work outside of factory to get the look you want.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Sport
Occupation
Tech
Nope. No go. How large auto factories work today, with JIT parts, whole part supply streaming, and automation is a LOT different from the manual-process days of those same manufacturers of the 1960's, with line guys reading parts off a paper list and manually going and grabbing stuff to bolt on.

You'll be reminded that you can have a top painted any color you want -- you just buy a top from the Mopar Parts dept at your local dealer, and have it painted -- I'm guessing about $3500-$4500.

You're not allowed to exceed the built-in order system limitations and mix-n-match parts, just because you are willing to pay the standard option fee. WAY too many changes would have to be made to the built-in rigors of the factory automated process to allow it -- just not worth it to the manufacturer, just so a few guys can get special builds and save a few $$ over buying it at the parts counter.

(Some manufacturers *do* allow such mixing on some parts, but even that process carries its own specifically-allowed option code, and has been planned in advance, including justification that such an option would be profitable.)
Sponsored

Last edited: