Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
Everything you listed I've done with LSD. In allot of trucks I've had.
Then it really was not as bad as you make it out to be. Very few trucks with 4x4 are that capable. Subaru's are equipped better than most 4x4 trucks.
Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Then it really was not as bad as you make it out to be. Very few trucks with 4x4 are that capable. Subaru's are equipped better than most 4x4 trucks.
Like I said I've done all that in 4wd, with lsd, never been stuck on a boat ramp. And I ve gone up some gravel ones with a 2wd g80. Rick crawling you may need it. Most anybody else that knows how to drive can make it with a lsd and now you got traction control on top of that.p

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
There have been many times in the SIERRAS that I'm thankful I had lockers--ESPECIALLY IN THE FRONT AXLE !

Kinda like never needing a PARACHUTE--when flying--

--EXCEPT THAT ONE TIME !

W.E.

JIMBO

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
Ok... all that said, my Sahara has electronic stability control, selec-trac full time 4wd system, anti-spin differential rear axle, 3rd generation Dana 44HD rear axle, hill decent control, tip start. Being an old school 4 wheeler( my day it was posi traction or not) is all this stuff a good thing?
Yes, it will be 80% as effective as a locked rubi (if you have the same tires) with the bld on most stuff. It will be better than a rubi in mixed conditions. That last 20% in really rough stuff it will buck and kick as the brakes do their stuff trying to manage the traction while a rubi will go nice and smoothly. For a dd with anything but serious off roading - and i'm talking rocks, serious hill climbs, large washouts and the like - the Sahara is definitely better (I say this confidently even as I dd my rubi). If you're doing the occasional forest service road and creek crossing, the rubi is overkill. Even if you do tougher stuff, a lot of times the rubi just helps you get stuck even worse, farther out. Put some mud terrains on the Sahara with a 9000lb winch and you will get almost anywhere you need to go. Just stay away from rock gardens (more because the bld will be harder on the weaker axles than because you won't make it) and really slippery off camber stuff where wheel spin can throw you drown a hill or onto your side, and you'll be fine.
Sponsored