Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU SPORT
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
4AD15CCE-7F66-455F-8023-EC8E27AA0CAF.jpeg

I was going to post in another section, but I will share it with you. I just got delivery of the Rough Country 2.5 lift kit with springs and shocks for just $399.95 at cjponyparts. Rough Country has it on their site for $499.95. I thought it was a mistake! But, it’s the same kit. There is only one left. It’s by far the cheapest than any other sites, by $100!
It’s a mistake I bought mine for 399. There’s nothing added in that kit that I can’t see to add another $100

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
It’s a mistake I bought mine for 399. There’s nothing added in that kit that I can’t see to add another $100
How long have you had your rc lift on? What kind of riding have you done off pavement? Any issues?

DirtRoad1981

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU SPORT
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
How long have you had your rc lift on? What kind of riding have you done off pavement? Any issues?
Had it on since August also added JKS quick disconnect sway bar links and I do easy to moderate trails no crazy black diamond crawling trails. Wazhed out trails off camber stuff. Have t had any rubbing yet either. Happy with it. I am gonna go to the 3.5 JKS lift with all of the control arms too. But that way down the line I’m enjoying what I have now and having fun

Crawdad1028

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 6 speed with rubi axles, lockers, RCVs, trusses, and 5.13s
Vehicle Showcase
I threw an led strip under the front lip of the flares on both sides. More of a temporary fix for me. I am waiting for fabtech fenders to release.

They are the smaller ones. They aren't bad at all for the price. Especially considering the insane JL tax on the few hideous fenders that do exist.
Nice! How was the install? Also I have a sport with Rubi suspension and am debating on adding spacers to run 37s did you do anything about LCAs or track bars etc? If not How's the ride and handling? And do you have full flex capability with the sway bar detached on that setup? Thanks for any info!
Edit: actually I just saw in the other posts what your input was but any further info would be great. Thanks again.

Sponsored

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Just kidding. Nothing but awesomeness has happened.

Not a single problem thus far!

- 37" Cooper S/T Maxx tires on 17" Method 105 beadlocks balanced with beads.
- 2.5" Rough Country Budget Boost
- AEG flat fenders with artec liners
- ROAM frame mounted side steps / sliders
- DV8 FS-15 front bumper
- metalcloak full belly skids

Amongst other odds and ends.

DSC01974~2.JPG

IMG_20181020_143834.jpg

IMG_0420 (Edited).JPG
Thats great. Just curious how you feel about the ROAM steps. Ive see several people comment the coating is not durable or even arrived scuffed.

Last edited:

Drummer_G

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, Black, Freedom Top, 3.6L, Auto, steel bumper,
Occupation
Musician / Personal Trainer

- DV8 FS-15 front bumper

DSC01974~2.JPG

IMG_20181020_143834.jpg

IMG_0420 (Edited).JPG
Thank god

- DV8 FS-15 front bumper

DSC01974~2.JPG

IMG_20181020_143834.jpg

IMG_0420 (Edited).JPG
[/QUOTE

So happy to hear this!! I thought I was the only one. To be honest I don’t like coming to this site often because there are a ton of complaints. One guy complained about the factory welds and then traded it in on an $80,000 Rebel truck. Completely different vehicle!! To me he never wanted a Jeep. There are going to be issues from time to time with vehicles, they are not perfect and it is what it is. I love mine and will keep it for life. It may not be my only vehicle but it will always be one of them.

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
I’m just over 10k on my JL and the only issue I’ve had is the radio and minor soft top issues. In the beginning (feb-May) I wanted to pull the radio out with a crowbar and gasoline!

mgzt

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jl Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How did you get 15 mpg with 37's? I had 14.2 mpg with stock tires and 11.7 with 37's

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Nice! How was the install? Also I have a sport with Rubi suspension and am debating on adding spacers to run 37s did you do anything about LCAs or track bars etc? If not How's the ride and handling? And do you have full flex capability with the sway bar detached on that setup? Thanks for any info!
Edit: actually I just saw in the other posts what your input was but any further info would be great. Thanks again.
I just did the spacer lift - didn't mess with anything else on the suspension.

Yes - I get full flex without any rubbing. I do have the flat fenders though, but they are mounted around the lower section of stock Rubi fenders. Or relatively close, nonetheless.

I have a good inch of clearance on both the front and rear at full flex.

68.jpg

70.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Thats great. Just curious how you feel about the ROAM steps. Ive see several people comment the coating is not durable or even arrived scuffed.
I believe they are changing their coating - I recall ROAM saying something about it on the forum.

The coating on mine was good when they arrived. I haven't noticed any flaking or anything. I haven't necessarily rubbed them on rocks yet - but regardless of the coating, they'd be scratched to bare metal anyways.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
How did you get 15 mpg with 37's? I had 14.2 mpg with stock tires and 11.7 with 37's
I have averaged 15mpg the entire time I have had my 37's. And I have fairly heavy beadlocks on.

I run about 32psi cold.

Usually cruise on the highway at 73mph. And it spends a lot of time in 7th gear because of the large tires. I get around 17mpg with straight highway.

And yeah, these MPG numbers are calculated at the pump - the indicated MPG on the speedo is within a half a MPG usually of the actual number.

Fingers

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Looks great! I'm only 6500 in, only issue is the tailgate. Ordered the DV8 tire swing and rear bumper, hope that helps me out.