Sales/Tech Support- Metalcloak

kholding

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
@CloakedJL - I know the 3.5" system sits a little higher than advertised in anticipation for bumpers, gear, etc. How much higher will this system sit over the 2.5"? Thanks.

OP
OP
CloakedJL

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
@CloakedJL - I know the 3.5" system sits a little higher than advertised in anticipation for bumpers, gear, etc. How much higher will this system sit over the 2.5"? Thanks.

We design the kits based on a fully loaded Jeep. With a bone stock JLu, you'll be looking around 3" of lift out of the 2.5" coils.

Sponsored

TimBush

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Are these in stock ready to ship or a preorder?
I just jumped on their site, for both the MC Dual-Rate Rocksport & the Game-Changer it says "Availability: Usually Ships in 3 to 4 Weeks" right below the price. Not sure how up-to-date or a accurate that is though.

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
I just jumped on their site, for both the MC Dual-Rate Rocksport & the Game-Changer it says "Availability: Usually Ships in 3 to 4 Weeks" right below the price. Not sure how up-to-date or a accurate that is though.
When we ordered our 3.5 gamechanger it came in like 4 days after ordering was super quick!

OP
OP
CloakedJL

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Are these in stock ready to ship or a preorder?

The 2.5 coils are about 2ish weeks out according to our coil manufacturer. The we have to get them and box them blah blah blah. We are waiting on Rocksport shocks to come in and expect those in, in about 2 weeks as well. That is why there is a 3-4 week ETA on those kits.

OP
OP
CloakedJL

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Does the 2.5" lift require an aftermarket driveshaft?

We still recommend one. We will still be using shocks in the front that measure 30" extended. Anything over 28ish will cause that stock shaft to hit the exhaust

Sponsored

x7tristan

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We design the kits based on a fully loaded Jeep. With a bone stock JLu, you'll be looking around 3" of lift out of the 2.5" coils.
Sorry but I'm new to the offroad scene, what's exactly meant by "fully loaded jeep"? Are we talking about the "1000 lb payload" capacity listed on the spec sheet? Thanks!

OP
OP
CloakedJL

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Sorry but I'm new to the offroad scene, what's exactly meant by "fully loaded jeep"? Are we talking about the "1000 lb payload" capacity listed on the spec sheet? Thanks!
When we say fully loaded we mean, fenders, front bumper with winch, rear tire carrier with full size spare. Also a Jeep with a full skid system and even loaded for a weekend trip. This weight can vary depending on the setup some.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I think I finally found my future lift! Can anyone tell me how are those Rocksports for daily driving? Looking at the 2.5 in lift on a JLUR and 37s.

OP
OP
CloakedJL

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
I think I finally found my future lift! Can anyone tell me how are those Rocksports for daily driving? Looking at the 2.5 in lift on a JLUR and 37s.
We have been using the Rocksports for years now on the JK and I ran them on my personal rig as a DD and loved them! Obviously I work here and you can't take just my word on it LOL @Kevin8086 has them on his JL that he has had all over the country, maybe he can chime in as well.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Would definitely love to hear that feedback, and yes, we travel the same roads. I live in Vacaville, but I too work in Rancho Cordova. We're practically neighbors! Perhaps I could get a possible test ride?
Sponsored