Good Deal on lease?

xcantuaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
2018 JEEP ALL NEW WRANGLER 4dr Conv Unlimited Sahara
Ocean Blue
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (May Replace Standard Equipment) Customer Preferred Package 24G Cold Weather Group $895 Heated Front Seats Heated Steering Wheel Remote–Start System (N/A w/Manual Transmission) Electronic Infotainment System Group $1,495 Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4–Inch Display GPS Navigation Alpine® Premium Audio System Auto–Dimming Rear View Mirror Roadside Assistance and 9–1–1 Call HD Radio® 1–Year SiriusXM® Guardian Service 5–Year SiriusXM® Traffic Service 5–Year SiriusXM® Travel Link Service SiriusXM® Traffic Plus For Details, Visit www.DriveUconnect.com 8–Speed Automatic Transmission $2,000 3rd Generation Dana® Solid Rear Axle Hill Descent Control Tip Start Body Color Freedom Top® 3–Piece Hard Top $2,095 Delete Soft Top Rear Window Wiper / Washer Rear Window Defroster Freedom Panel Storage Bag Destination Charge $1,445 TOTAL PRICE: * $45,775

Price $45,775.00
AutoNation Savings - $5,120.25
AutoNation Price $40,654.75
Sales Tax (estimate) + $2,636.38
Documentation Fee + $150.00
State Inspection Fee + $16.75
Deputy + $10.00 Title Fee + $33.00
Tag/Registration Fees (estimate) + $114.50
Road and Bridge + $23.00 Other + $7.00
Balance Due (estimate) $43,645.38

Im still waiting on Money Factor and residual .....They quoted me $500 monthly on a 36k month lease. 1k down. They wouldn't give me all the numbers right away just a monthly. Good deal? Anyway to figure out what the money factor and residual are by that monthly?
Sponsored

erdoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW Z4, 2015 Edge (to be replaced by 2019 Sahara UL)
Go on edmunds.com and look for the forums. There’s one for every car I’ve ever considered. Find for jeep, post your model, miles & years and dealer zip code and a moderator will give you residual and MF. Often dealers mark up mf so if you get a lower one from Edmunds, correct the dealer on what you were offered (assuming tier 1 credit). Also if dealership won’t give you mf and residual when you ask there is something wrong, I’d start to get paranoid.

ChrisTheGod

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha r6, Infiniti q60s conv, 2021 HYDRO RUBI
that sounds horrible I can tell you I was getting a 50k msrp Sahara with 0 down 36k lease for $440 a month and that was before I even brought up the 6% under invoice. I advise you look at the list of dealers that give great pricing and just order from one of those or ask your dealer if they’ll price match

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
I was quoted 680 x36 with 10k miles. Stupid dealers in Chicago suck. This was based on a list 55k Rubicon with 5k off. He said if I put $7000 down it would be $580. ....crazy. And I have not even brought up my trade, which is a JK with about 10k equity.

ChrisTheGod

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was quoted 680 x36 with 10k miles. Stupid dealers in Chicago suck. This was based on a list 55k Rubicon with 5k off. He said if I put $7000 down it would be $580. ....crazy. And I have not even brought up my trade, which is a JK with about 10k equity.
Na bro I would tell them to all succ my ass with that deal that’s a pure rip off the minute you sign that paperwork they popping party streamers and talking shit about you

Sponsored

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Na bro I would tell them to all succ my ass with that deal that’s a pure rip off the minute you sign that paperwork they popping party streamers and talking shit about you
Ya I told them there are bat shit crazy...I leased my JK for $285 a few years ago. It sucks not being able to just find and do the calculations ourselves. It’s so sketchy and I’m kinda sick of it. Paying cash seems the only safe way not to get screwed

ChrisTheGod

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya I told them there are bat shit crazy...I leased my JK for $285 a few years ago. It sucks not being able to just find and do the calculations ourselves. It’s so sketchy and I’m kinda sick of it. Paying cash seems the only safe way not to get screwed
Theirs a app called Leasematic I think it was a dollar or two but everyone recommends it you put all the numbers in and you can basically tell if the dealer is trying to screw you over or not in your case those numbers alone they was trying to get you for some reason that shit crazy lol

erdoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leasers - there are lots of lease calcs online, just google for one. You MUST do your own calcs. I was helping friend’s dad do a lease and found dealer was messing him over big time by doing calcs myself. Sketchy dealers will resist telling you money factor and residual. Insist on that info, you have every right to know, after all when you sign they have to be disclosed on contract.

NEVER do a lease down payment. NEVER. two reasons.
1. If your leased car is totaled, your insurance and any gap you have will pay off the unpaid lease balance. If you put $4k down, that $4k is not part of the lease balance, so you lose it. Worst case - you pick up car, on your way home it’s totalled. If zero down payment, you are out zero. $4k down payment you are out $4k. Think about it.
2. Dealers use down payments to avoid sticker shock on lease payments. I can come up with a lease with FREE payments. For a low-end car with $200/month lease payments, put $7200 down - voila! No lease payments!

So take the offers I see posted - $4k down, $5k down. $4k down over a 36 month lease is approx another $110 added to lease payment.

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/52960/jeep/x/2019-lease
Edmunds 2019 base lease rates thread.

Last edited:

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
that sounds horrible I can tell you I was getting a 50k msrp Sahara with 0 down 36k lease for $440 a month and that was before I even brought up the 6% under invoice. I advise you look at the list of dealers that give great pricing and just order from one of those or ask your dealer if they’ll price match
50k sahara is bad money spent.

Sponsored

OP
OP

xcantuaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
My money factor was .00325 and residual was %70. For the first vehicle on this thread. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

erdoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My money factor was .00325 and residual was %70. For the first vehicle on this thread. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Your APR translates to 7.8%. Money factors are usually negotiable and frequently marked up by dealers. Go on Edmunds.com and get MF base rate. Not been tracking lease MFs for ages, but that seems awfully high!

OP
OP

xcantuaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
The lease deal is at the beginning at the thread.
Sponsored