No VIN Yet?!?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
New to the forum but been snooping for awhile...

I ordered a new 2019 JLU on 10/22 and the order is still in the scheduling phase and has yet to be assigned a VIN. I see from other posts/threads that this isn't necessarily unheard of, but I can't help it - I'm really anxious!

Anyone want to weigh in with an educated guess on when I can expect to see my new ride? Sure would be nice to have it before too much snow falls.
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
New to the forum but been snooping for awhile...

I ordered a new 2019 JLU on 10/22 and the order is still in the scheduling phase and has yet to be assigned a VIN. I see from other posts/threads that this isn't necessarily unheard of, but I can't help it - I'm really anxious!

Anyone want to weigh in with an educated guess on when I can expect to see my new ride? Sure would be nice to have it before too much snow falls.
It is super common. Some people get a VIN in a couple days, others wait longer. You just placed the order a few days ago.

There is no rhyme or reason to when they are built or what order it seems. My guess would be late December or January best case scenario. However, some have waited 10 months or so.

OP
OP
robaw

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
It is super common. Some people get a VIN in a couple days, others wait longer. You just placed the order a few days ago.

There is no rhyme or reason to when they are built or what order it seems. My guess would be late December or January best case scenario. However, some have waited 10 months or so.
It does seem quite random, but I see some that placed their order just a few days before me and have estimated build dates in early November (of course delivery date is a completely different story).

I guess I was hoping for more insight into what the build priorities are, maybe nobody really knows.

Last edited:

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I recently placed an order also. I talked to 2 different dealers, they both said it should be about 6 weeks, but one did say it it should definitely be by Christmas (which would be about 10 weeks total), so I am thinking 6-10 weeks. I don't know if they were taking any time into account for a 2018-2019 production switchover, if that is even significant. Some people on this forum have waited longer, but keep in mind, earlier this year they were making both, the JK and JL, now its just the JL. Also, some people had to wait longer for FCA to start making 2 doors, they seemed to only do 4 doors for awhile (bigger demand, can't blame them). Also, the 2.0 Turbo didn't come out right away, and neither did the Sky Touch, so people were (are) waiting on those. Granted some other people waited a long time and didn't order anything "unusual", but I think orders will be quicker than 6 months ago. I do not know if I have a VIN yet, I haven't asked. I figure I will bother my dealer around the 4 week point, which is after they have started production. A VIN does nothing for me at this point, I can't drive it. A projected ship date would be nice, but that can slide also.
Sponsored