Hubtech's Ocean Blue Daily / Weekend Warrior

Hubtech

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB JKUR
OK folks, here's my current "build list" if you will.

1. Motobilt Crusher Front Bumper with Bull Bar
  2. Motobilt Crusher Rear Bumper with Spare Cutout
  3. Motobilt Front and Rear Diff Covers (Painted not yet installed)
  4. JCR Crusader Sliders/Rocker Armor
  5. M.O.R.E Gas Tank Skid
  6. M.O.R.E Transfer Case Skid
  7. M.O.R.E Trans/Oil Pan Skid
  8. M.O.R.E Evap Shield b/c... why not
  9. Rough Country 2.5" Budget Boost (went cheap to see if i wanted a 2.5 or 3.5 lift... I want 3.5)
  10. Patagonia Milestar MT 37x12.5x17 on Stock Rubi Wheels

Motobilt Bumpers and Diff Covers
The welds are super impressive, part of me wanted to leave the bumpers raw, but i decided to paint them "Black Stainless Metallic" which pretty well matches the JEEP logo on the side, and grill/headlight inserts. The bumpers installed super easy, everything lined up, and IMO looks great on the Jeep. These dudes are well built and will for sure upset whatever I decide to smack them against. I more than likely will be adding the MotoBilt tire carrier when they come out with it. @Motobilt

edB7Xqr%TfCUG8LtCBRe4w.jpg

Wlbptlp4RnaHi1wa7U7SYg.jpg

w2Z%86uDQiWLflyeuXD+Wg.jpg

UBsw+I7KQf2phgJK3KyJxA.jpg

FqxZZ6usSgi7MGLiK3FfuA.jpg

5vkPmL8URtOENUtScGkmjQ.jpg

+pG6ElwYQOODYaj6J4bbjg.jpg

2aH1Wk4SQe6n%S43v4stYg.jpg

JCR Crusaders Sliders
I wasn't as happy with what I got here. These aren't cheap sliders so I had high hopes for the fit and finish and was kind of let down. I know these are hand made, but the shaping grinds didn't look to be "finished" and some of the angles were a bit off when comparing the left to the right side etc. My biggest issue is the gaps on the ends where the actual slider pushes up against the rocker armor. On my drivers side i've got a > 1/4' gap that i'm not stoked about. now... dont get me wrong, these suckers are built like a tank and will protect the underside from whatever i decide to high center on :) just wasn't happy that I had to do so much finish work on them before i could prep for paint etc. I will end up finding some bulb end trim to even out the gap between rocker armor and slider. @JcrOffroad
IMG_1193.JPG

NRX7bL+dTDS+YucAN6PQ0w.jpg

gRW1LsveSU6tU0pgKYEzUg.jpg

AJDHuU0eQYWPG%ivDnZeQQ.jpg

oCcY7WtQS7WCY868PCzNFg.jpg

tp3DjIidQ5u4MlPUriilXw.jpg

%tsz1o6FTUOLcrRnw5uzeQ.jpg

M.O.R.E Skids
For the price, IMO these can't be beat. They installed easily and have great coverage under the jeep. My only issue was with the gas tank skid. The back of the skid has a "triangle mount" that is attached by dropping carriage bolts down from the top leaving the threads and nuts dangling (go ahead and giggle) under the jeep. The location (super close to the rear passenger tire) means that more than likely the will never drag, but it just isn't appealing. I will more than likely weld the bracket to the skid and remove the carriage bolts there.
The only other issue that isn't really an issue is the spacers they used to mount the gas tank skid to the frame. I would have preferred the mounting points be either boat sided or press braked to actually bolt directly to the frame vs using a 1" aluminum spacer. No clearance is lost and it's not really an issue.... I also wish instead of reusing factory bolts, they would have supplied the recessed "skid" bolt that Rock Hard offers on their skids. I'm having a hard time sourcing them locally.
z8skASk5QymA5g0V+X5XtQ.jpg

gqRNT1gcTQGKuBVIdhhT6g.jpg

ByWLs7rvS62QnAEfE94zTQ.jpg

RC 2.5" Budget Boost
What can i say... I didn't want to really buy a lift kit twice so i figured i'd get the BB, and decide if i wanted 2.5 or 3.5 and well.... I want the 3.5. 2.5 was fine before I started bolting all this plate steel to the ole girl.... mopar springs are a bit saggy :). i'll end up with RK or MC more than likely... That will be a little while yet. The budget boost is doing its job spectacularly though. @Rough Country Suspensions

Patagonia Milestar MT Tires
Was turned on to these by @Kevin8086 and man... super stoked about it. Super quiet on the road, killer grip in the rocks, and a price that just can't be beat. Thanks dawg.
vq3EjK1eSH25hZ%UTMDwEw.jpg
Sponsored

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
JCR Crusaders Sliders
I wasn't as happy with what I got here. These aren't cheap sliders so I had high hopes for the fit and finish and was kind of let down. I know these are hand made, but the shaping grinds didn't look to be "finished" and some of the angles were a bit off when comparing the left to the right side etc. My biggest issue is the gaps on the ends where the actual slider pushes up against the rocker armor. On my drivers side i've got a > 1/4' gap that i'm not stoked about. now... dont get me wrong, these suckers are built like a tank and will protect the underside from whatever i decide to high center on :) just wasn't happy that I had to do so much finish work on them before i could prep for paint etc. I will end up finding some bulb end trim to even out the gap between rocker armor and slider. @JcrOffroad

tp3DjIidQ5u4MlPUriilXw.jpg

%tsz1o6FTUOLcrRnw5uzeQ.jpg
Sorry to hear about the gap issues with the install. We think it could be caused by a variance in the support brackets that mount from the pinch seam to the inner skin. To verify, you could loosen the mounting bolts into the pinch seam and mock the outer up, that gap would then close significantly. It's just a variance issue between Jeeps that we have seen a couple times. Please feel free to contact our tech department to get the ball rolling on a solution at 269-353-1184 or [email protected]. Once again, very sorry for the issues!

OP
OP

Hubtech

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB JKUR
Sorry to hear about the gap issues with the install. We think it could be caused by a variance in the support brackets that mount from the pinch seam to the inner skin. To verify, you could loosen the mounting bolts into the pinch seam and mock the outer up, that gap would then close significantly. It's just a variance issue between Jeeps that we have seen a couple times. Please feel free to contact our tech department to get the ball rolling on a solution at 269-353-1184 or [email protected]. Once again, very sorry for the issues!
Bringing this to PM. Thanks for reaching out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hubtech

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB JKUR
Loving the build, dut holy hell you have some balls. I still can't bear to drill into the body yet.
imagine my surprise when the sliders didn't line up perfectly after mounting them up!!! but we will figure them out.

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Heck yeah its looking killer! Have you looked at a RevKit page yet?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hubtech

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB JKUR
It's a website that you can post pictures of your Jeep and show it off to other like minded people. It's a pretty cool setup.
gotcha thanks. i have claimed my page and got the ball rolling with them.

We are going wheeling at Hot Springs ORV the 2-4, excited to take it on its maiden voyage.