Sponsored

Track bar frame weld issue recall! [Updated with official UA5 recall notice w/ repair procedure]

OP
OP
LABLUE

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
I'm a member of alot of FCA forums. Many Demon owners requested no PDI and every dealer complied. They get paid anyway.
PDI are still done, everything is just left on. spoiler covers, plastic on carpets and so on. We delivered 3 Demons, and I did the PDI on two of them that was left that way. You still have to make sure everything is working and then out back into "ship mode".
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I'm a member of alot of FCA forums. Many Demon owners requested no PDI and every dealer complied. They get paid anyway.
A lot of car enthusiast request their cars not be washed or plastic remain on seats, etc. They are worried the detailers will wash and dry their cars improperly and cause swirls or scratches. They basically don't trust the dealers. The dealers still have to do the inspections. Car manufacturers usually have a comprehensive checklist that has to be filled out.

OP
OP
LABLUE

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
I have yet to have a PDI go right. When i buy a vehicle there are specific orders to be followedfrom me. Like no dealer stickers, lic plate frames, no drilling the front bmper, proper detail. Not once have they done it right. Guess what each time its sent back or refused outright. On my JL they drilled the front bumper and added lic plate. I made them replace the whole bumper. PDI is only as good as the person doing it and imho most of them dont read instrutions and cut every corner they can.
None of that is in the PDI paperwork. That is on the clean up/detail department. Have you seen the form that techs use for the inspections?

OP
OP
LABLUE

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
A lot of car enthusiast request their cars not be washed or plastic remain on seats, etc. They are worried the detailers will wash and dry their cars improperly and cause swirls or scratches. They basically don't trust the dealers.
Demons were delivered on open trailers in the fall/early winter in Michigan. Our 1st one had to cleaned before we accepted it.

Sponsored

NCJeepn73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU, Bld date: 2/2018
Occupation
Technical SEO & Web Development
I sent an email to the dealership earlier today asking for the dash panel and fender to be fixed and I also included the JeepInformant video link for the steering fix. I asked to see if the steering could be looked at and improved based on the steering box fix.

The GM of the dealership responded back at about 8pm with a one-liner of simply:

"If you don’t want it let us know"

Apparently, he either just doesn't care about fixing anything or maybe they just want to keep the Jeep so they can make a profit on a second one? I don't know. But this is over the top as far as responses go.
So, another, more understandable email update from the dealership from the previous, vague email comment I mentioned getting from them above. Now I get:

"If you are unhappy with this one I will be happy to order a different one if Chrysler approves."

I replied back asking for the current one to simply be fixed, since the dash panel and fender would have to be fixed for anyone buying the vehicle. The only things outside of that are the battery (it is apparently a new one on it but I wanted some reassurance that if it went dead again that I would be covered and not on the hook for any associated costs) and steering to be addressed with all the pointers/direction from JeepInformant and the nice compiled steering adj. list from @jeremyjeep

Apparently, now someone from Corp Engineering, whatever that is, is being sent out to review the jeep, fixes, and possibly steering before delivery. I'll keep everyone informed. :headbang:

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
That phrase is absolutely accurate for Traverse City.
Yep, we have family there and have been visiting since about 1967. Love the area, but the missus loves the sunshine and the grand kids here in Arizona more ... so ... here we are ...

Sponsored

OP
OP
LABLUE

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Yeah I had that blacked out too... not sure how I didnt save it. "Half the
Yep, we have family there and have been visiting since about 1967. Love the area, but the missus loves the sunshine and the grand kids here in Arizona more ... so ... here we are ...
I have been back for 10 years and love it. Before that I was in Grand Rapids and liked it. The pay is what it is and I cant complain.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
I was at my dealer over the weekend for them to address an error with the stop/start system (another story), and i asked if he could check my welds while they had it, even though I dont think I am on the recall list. The service manager proceeded to tell me there is no recall for the welds, at least not yet. I told him I am pretty sure one has been issued, and he said nope. I didnt want to get into an argument with him, especially since mine might not even be included, but how can they not know about this???

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
I called the local dealership today to set up an appointment (I am on the recall list and my frame stamp is completely illegible). The person from the service department who answered the phone kept insisting they could not schedule me because no parts were available for the recall. I had to explain several times that the first step was just a matter of taking photos and sending them on for evaluation. She finally set up an appointment for me in 3 weeks. I don’t have a lot of faith in the service department at this point. They should at least be aware of the recall and the steps to take by now.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I was at my dealer over the weekend for them to address an error with the stop/start system (another story), and i asked if he could check my welds while they had it, even though I dont think I am on the recall list. The service manager proceeded to tell me there is no recall for the welds, at least not yet. I told him I am pretty sure one has been issued, and he said nope. I didnt want to get into an argument with him, especially since mine might not even be included, but how can they not know about this???
I ordered my JL in February 2018, they ordered it with the wrong options and had to re-order it. I was on the fence to wait for 2019 to re-order or to re-order the correct 2018 so I went to the "senior" service advisor in the service department and asked for his thoughts about waiting to 2019 and are there any problems with the 2018 JL to his knowledge. He said "we already have 2019 Wranglers". When I told him that is impossible, he walked me to the overflow lots of extra vehicles and said "see, the ones with the curves around the headlights are 2019s". I said, no, those are 2018 JLs and I explained how to identify a 2018 JK vs 2018 JL. He argued back that he was right so I walked him to the sticker and pointed out "2018". He said "oh".