Sponsored

People that have gone from "sporty" rides to a Wrangler... be honest now... do you regret it?

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
So the takeaway from this thread seems to be that the 2 door JL is a “sporty” ride.

And I 100% agree.
Sponsored

Granni44

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
The days of owning multiple cars has passed, so we needed something that covered all the bases so we traded in a 2011 Mustang and sold the motorcycle(Z1000 - not the most comfortable 2-up!!). First Jeep and so far there is nothing like it. We can honestly say zero regrets so far and in no way see there being any regrets. Being able to drive with the top off and doors off is one of the best experiences. Looking forward to our first opportunity to take it off road, but its life will be mainly as a daily driver. I will also say this JL is not to shabby on the roadways. Excited to see how it does in the winter. No its not a mustang or an E30M3. So the fun factor is different but having competed in few driving events and having had a lot of fun with my past cars, this Jeep does the job for us. This was a change that automotive wise was at the complete opposite end of the spectrum for all we've owned in the past and we couldn't be happier with our JL!!

theox05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former:18 JLUR, 18 BMW M4, 981 GT4 Now: 21 JLUR XR
Covered already, but get both. I park the M4 most of the winter and use the Jeep.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
No regrets. I do miss driving stick shift tho but with traffic I have to deal with I'd quickly reconsider.
I got a Q50 infiniti for my wife which I use time to time. Peppy little thing compared to the jeep.

unixfool

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU - Sting Gray 2.0L Hard Top Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I went from a 2011 Subaru WRX STI sedan (base trim) to a 2018 JLU. While I loved the STI, I think I like Jeeps better. In a perfect world, I would have both (both are my dream cars), but my world is Highlander-like...there can only be one, so JLU it was.

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

gspfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WK1 SRT8, Chevy Trailblazer SS
Vehicle Showcase
SRT Grand Cherokee in one side of the garage and a JLU in the other...Maybe the best of both “Jeep” worlds?!?!
We’re in the same boat. My wife’s vehicle is an 08 GC SRT8 and a piston just $hit the bed at 86k miles. We’re currently rebuilding it, and in a few weeks when I get it back together, we’ll be trading in my TBSS.

If you can’t swing one of each (JL and fast vehicle), spend the time and take a few test drives. Make sure it’s what you want. More than likely, you’ll be happy with the JL.

Obone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RUBICON
Occupation
physician
upload_2018-10-19_15-16-38.png

It's often a tough decision as to what to drive.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
I went from the 2006 Charger to the 2013 JKU. It wsa a tough decision as I hated to part with the hot rod, but also hated storing it away 6 months outta the year in Michigan. Didn't care for replacing tires every year as well.

Glad I switched. I couldn't put Bikes behind the Charger or Kayaks on the roof, just wouldn't be right. Now, the JK is getting traded in on a new 2019 JLUR. Just wished Jeep would fraking make it in the same Burgundy Red.
s-l1600.jpg

20375651_10210532976380882_2756256799954270542_n.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
pantheman75

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I appreciate all the comments on my original question, but I wish I would have phrased it more clearly in the context of "if you had to pick one or the other". The people with the comments of "I have both" are my idols, but are kind of "cheating" with the feedback I'm looking for LOL ;)

See Through

First Name
Clover
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maintenance Manager
I came from a corner-shredding modded out 2007 Hyundai Tiburon and I have no regrets. Before I got my JLU I was looking at getting a Mercedes E400 coupe or C63 AMG, but the JLU is just so much more practical and I definitely don't miss having zero passenger and luggage space. Not to mention the V6 actually has lots of pick-up!

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
Seriously considering changing from a 2014 Boxster to a JLU. I owned a 2007 Boxster previously and the Boxster can definitely put a smile on your face. I like the speed and performance, but I really enjoy the openness feel of the top down. The JLU gives you that and more. The only issue preventing a purchase at this point is the steering of the JLU. On test drives, I get this wandering loose feel in the steering. I've read the forums that discuss the issue. The fact that the steering feels the same on early (April, 2018) and later (September, 2018) built JLU's I am wondering if this steering feel is intentional on Jeep's part? Am I overreacting because I am used to other cars steering?
We have a boxster S same year. No doubt steering is looser on JL. But if road is flat (not crowned etc) you should be able to drive with one hand and keep it straight. Cross wind etc is a different story. Frankly if feasible I would keep the 981. When you switch cars it’s like driving a new car each time. Especially since the top of the boxster is barely taller than the tire on the JLR. :)
Sponsored