Sponsored

A Guide to Hating New Jeeps: How to Establish Your Jeep as the Last Great Jeep (JK Owners Edition)

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Bump

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
A WWII/Korea/Vietnam vet, not one of those pansies that fought in the desert in a Hummer.
Unacceptable. The number of troops coming home with Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) from the concussive injuries they experienced from road side bombs, despite their presence inside of fully armored Hummers or tanks at the time of detonation is reaching, like in the NFL, epidemic proportions.

Watch the link. Look at pictures of destroyed Humvees. Watch tanks being blown several feet off the ground and on to their side.

Yes--these vehicles save 1000s of lives and weren't available in the older conflicts and theaters of war you mention. If you served then thank you. But today's combat veteran is anything but a pansy. And no, I never served, but I serve those that are and who have.

We respect the Jeep in part for the historical role it played in helping us/soldiers in times of war. Let's respect the person behind its wheel no less.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/combat-veterans-coming-home-with-cte/

Last edited:

crik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2018 JLUS
A newbie to the forum here. As a Renegade Deserthawk (2017) owner, I've heard all these things before. Don't think they were meant as humorously though. Loved the post.

I'm considering a JL now, so all the dinosaurs must be right about late sippers, eh?

Sponsored

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
CJ? YJ? TJ? JK? JL? I'm sorry you losers, Jeep died after the M38A1. Those rounded fenders also put to shame all those flat-fender fakes! Or is that flakes?! Even the knock-off civilian CJ couldn't carry the A1's water bucket. I only bought my CJ so some other loser wouldn't have to suffer thru it. Likewise with my TJ and my JK. And someday I'll probably buy the JL just because it will be the last, most hated, Jeep. And a Jeep pickup? That's another thread...

And God bless all the troops that have driven the jeeps thru war and peace. They're the real heroes!

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Its all these baby-boomers old and retired demanding soft trucks...totally ruined the wranglers!

CantThinkOfAHandle

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 RAV4, 2015 BMW Diesel Sports Wagon
Its all these baby-boomers old and retired demanding soft trucks...totally ruined the wranglers!
Not so fast, smartypants! You care to do a survey on the age groups that are most loudly clamoring for better cup holder locations, standard LED headlights, remote keyless entry and Apple AirPlay? It ain't the baby boomers.

And you know why? It's because we don't know how to use any of that stuff, that's why!

Sponsored

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I guess we should copy this and have it at the ready when the JM comes out. I wonder what that abomination will look like.;)

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
I guess we should copy this and have it at the ready when the JM comes out. I wonder what that abomination will look like.;)
Real Jeeps aren’t hybrid, self-driving abominations like the JM! And I’m sorry, but the flying feature and invisible top option are just not something that should be offered on a Jeep! Pathetic!

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
And for the JN, appearing in 2035 “They get 24 miles to the gallon?! Tree hugging hippies!”

Snowjeep

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Ridgeline
This was hilarious! Thank you for the good laugh today.

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! Thanks for resurrecting that. I had never seen it. Superb!

I now know my place in the Jeep universe, particularly when some 18 yr old, in a drafty, leaky, ratty-topped TJ passes me, while I'm in my auto-climate-controlled quiet cabin, with heated wheel and seats, sipping an $8 mocha-skim-machiatto-latte-venti, listening to Watercolors Cool Jazz on my 435-station satellite radio. I'll get no wave, and know I'm not worthy, in the worst Jeep ever made, the Jeep that will be the demise of the Jeep brand. I'll feel lower than low....

No offense to 18 yr olds, driving a drafty, leaky, ratty-topped TJ.
Sponsored