Nicolas5150

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2013 Dodge Dart
Hey Everyone,

This will be my first Jeep purchase (have always had one in the family 85’ cj-7) but never one of my own. That being said, I’ve been waiting for the 2019 order banks to open and have tried to do as much “homework” as I can beforehand to find the best dealers that aren’t on the opposite side of the country. From reading the forums and living in the Northwest (Seattle), it seems like Dennis Dillion and Peterson Dodge have some of the better factory order pricing.

I’ve gone through the build tool Jeep has to offer online and created a summary of the options I would like to configure with. Since there is no tool yet for the 2019, I took to the Excel sheet that was just updated today to reflect the 2019 pricing and options, trying to get it as close as possible to the options I had selected using the 2018 Jeep builder tool. The only thing I would be adding on top of it would be the option for the ACC.

With that all being said I had a few questions for the Jeep community.

Did I get the Excel sheet right? For example, the Electronic Infotainment being added on the builder tool adds the 1495 msrp package which seems to include the Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display and then adds the Alpine® Premium Audio System. However, in the excel sheet those are two different options totaling up (1295 msrp audio + 1495 msrp infotainment = 2790 msrp), which didn’t seem like I was doing the excel sheet properly. I want to make sure I have the proper pricing before I start speaking with dealers.

The second question being that I’ve never done a factory order and have only bought off lot, what is the best practice when trying to submit the options I am looking for to the dealer. Is it better to send an email with the the options and respected manufacture codes to the internet sales team (if applicable) or try reaching out to a salesman by phone and work that way. Just curious how others have fared in the past using either method.

Sorry for the long post but thought it best to throw everything into one long winded message. Thanks to anyone in advanced who reads / can help out.
Group.png

Screen_Shot_2018-09-11_at_11.28.57_PM.png
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
On the Alpine system, at least from the build & price tool on the website, you can add the speaker system independent of the 8.4 inch touch screen. However, If you had the 8.4 inch touch screen, the Alpine system is included in that $1495.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey Everyone,

This will be my first Jeep purchase (have always had one in the family 85’ cj-7) but never one of my own. That being said, I’ve been waiting for the 2019 order banks to open and have tried to do as much “homework” as I can beforehand to find the best dealers that aren’t on the opposite side of the country. From reading the forums and living in the Northwest (Seattle), it seems like Dennis Dillion and Peterson Dodge have some of the better factory order pricing.

I’ve gone through the build tool Jeep has to offer online and created a summary of the options I would like to configure with. Since there is no tool yet for the 2019, I took to the Excel sheet that was just updated today to reflect the 2019 pricing and options, trying to get it as close as possible to the options I had selected using the 2018 Jeep builder tool. The only thing I would be adding on top of it would be the option for the ACC.

With that all being said I had a few questions for the Jeep community.

Did I get the Excel sheet right? For example, the Electronic Infotainment being added on the builder tool adds the 1495 msrp package which seems to include the Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display and then adds the Alpine® Premium Audio System. However, in the excel sheet those are two different options totaling up (1295 msrp audio + 1495 msrp infotainment = 2790 msrp), which didn’t seem like I was doing the excel sheet properly. I want to make sure I have the proper pricing before I start speaking with dealers.

The second question being that I’ve never done a factory order and have only bought off lot, what is the best practice when trying to submit the options I am looking for to the dealer. Is it better to send an email with the the options and respected manufacture codes to the internet sales team (if applicable) or try reaching out to a salesman by phone and work that way. Just curious how others have fared in the past using either method.

Sorry for the long post but thought it best to throw everything into one long winded message. Thanks to anyone in advanced who reads / can help out.
Group.png

Screen_Shot_2018-09-11_at_11.28.57_PM.png
Email Kent Shurtleff at Peterson. You won’t be sorry. [email protected]

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
All modern dealers these days have someone doing "Internet Sales". Email your "build sheet" with just the list of options (no prices) you want, advise them you are willing to travel and will be paying cash (you can always switch to financing later once you've found the best deal, they'll be only to happy to do it) and you are shopping around for the best deal. Also ask them to list *any* fees above and beyond the FCA Destination Fee. Once you have your responses you can compare and decide where to go from there. For your own benefit once you have some competitive quotes it might be worth your effort to then engage some local dealers and offer them your business IF they can compete (or at least come pretty close). I'm assuming you know your local tax rate, registration fees, etc. so you can figure your out the door price. Good luck.

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
Second that . You might also talk to Tacoma for another opinion , as they have a highly recommended service dept .
Kent is who we purchased from. Still waiting on delivery but he was nice and prompt. He sells a ton of Jeeps apparently.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
All modern dealers these days have someone doing "Internet Sales". Email your "build sheet" with just the list of options (no prices) you want, advise them you are willing to travel and will be paying cash (you can always switch to financing later once you've found the best deal, they'll be only to happy to do it) and you are shopping around for the best deal. Also ask them to list *any* fees above and beyond the FCA Destination Fee. Once you have your responses you can compare and decide where to go from there. For your own benefit once you have some competitive quotes it might be worth your effort to then engage some local dealers and offer them your business IF they can compete (or at least come pretty close). I'm assuming you know your local tax rate, registration fees, etc. so you can figure your out the door price. Good luck.
Spot on ! For example , you could take your quote from Idaho , and ask Tacoma if they will match it .

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I would recommend you get a quote from one of the no-haggle dealers on this site first - whichever is closest to you. That gives you a baseline. Then you contact your local dealers (I do it via the Internet) and tell them you have an aggressive price from an out of state dealer but you would like to buy local and ask for the best they can do. Then negotiate directly with the 1 or 2 that actually respond.

You should be able to get at least 5% off of invoice price.

Sponsored

First Name
Lu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Trying to catch a response from one of these posts... looking into ordering a 2019 Sport S turbo with granite wheels, premium audio, premium soft top, tech group, trailer tow, anti spin, floor mats, fuel door, storage bag... was offered MSRP (not invoice) of ~$45,000, offer of ~$42,000, $1000 deposit request... anybody have advice on counter offering and how bad of a deal this is? Seems like I’m not even close to the 5% off invoice people are getting...

OP
OP
Nicolas5150

Nicolas5150

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2013 Dodge Dart
Well for anyone still interested in this thread, I’m currently down to $42,927 (from $49,622 MSRP) before tax title and doc fees. Have had 3 dealerships match it but haven’t had one go lower than that.

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy C10 1/2 ton pickup short bed. 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired IBM
Any suggestions for me on any further negotiation on purchasing price ? I have already placed my order for a 2019 Sahara with my local dealer. I was given "FWP" pricing. The MSRP is $47,430 (with my options and destination charge added in) and the FWP is $44,899 (with my options and destination charge added in). I gave them a deposit of $2000. May be too late, but I thought I'd check to determine how much leeway I might still have. Thanx mates.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Any suggestions for me on any further negotiation on purchasing price ? I have already placed my order for a 2019 Sahara with my local dealer. I was given "FWP" pricing. The MSRP is $47,430 (with my options and destination charge added in) and the FWP is $44,899 (with my options and destination charge added in). I gave them a deposit of $2000. May be too late, but I thought I'd check to determine how much leeway I might still have. Thanx mates.
First of all one easy way to get 1% off. Members of FCA Affiliate Rewards or Tread Lightly automatically get 1% below FWP (no negotiation necessary). Check to see if your employer is one of the approx 1,000 companies who qualify for supplier or fleet discounts through Affiliate Rewards first. If not, apply for Tread Lightly. I think it costs $100, and you have to wait 30 days before you use it (no cost or waiting period for Affiliate Rewards), but there's a good chance your '19 won't arrive for another month.

Other ideas beyond that: Is your deposit refundable or not? With the way Wranglers are selling, the dealership may be willing to let you get your deposit back as they'll likely be able to easily sell it someone else.

I doubt the current dealership will renegotiate with you (beyond the 1% mentioned above), but if you can get a refund on your deposit you may be able to get a better deal from another dealership if you want to start anew.

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy C10 1/2 ton pickup short bed. 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired IBM
First of all one easy way to get 1% off. Members of FCA Affiliate Rewards or Tread Lightly automatically get 1% below FWP (no negotiation necessary). Check to see if your employer is one of the approx 1,000 companies who qualify for supplier or fleet discounts through Affiliate Rewards first. If not, apply for Tread Lightly. I think it costs $100, and you have to wait 30 days before you use it (no cost or waiting period for Affiliate Rewards), but there's a good chance your '19 won't arrive for another month.

Other ideas beyond that: Is your deposit refundable or not? With the way Wranglers are selling, the dealership may be willing to let you get your deposit back as they'll likely be able to easily sell it someone else.

I doubt the current dealership will renegotiate with you (beyond the 1% mentioned above), but if you can get a refund on your deposit you may be able to get a better deal from another dealership if you want to start anew.
Columbus104....thank you for the not only the quick reply, but the great detail you provided. I should have done more homework on this forum before I ordered. I did just now sign up for the Affiliate Rewards program. My company (IBM) is one of the participating companies and I was able to generate a Control #. So, at the very least it appears, I can at still obtain 1% off of the FWP ? I would like to stay with the vehicle on order I currently have, as I placed it on 9/13/2018 (I'm in D1 status, with no estimated ship date yet). I doubt my deposit is refundable. I'm guessing at this point, it will fall to the dealer to grant me the additional 1% off FWP and consider any further price negotiations. Thank you for your time mate !
Sponsored