Sponsored

2019 Order Delivery - Early, Late, or On Time?

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Just heard that my 2019 JLU order is scheduled for delivery on 11/23, the day after Thanksgiving. I may be traveling, and wonder if anyone has any guidance/advice/experience regarding delivery. Are delivery dates generally fairly accurate, or do they tend to be delayed? Would there be any reason to think it would be early?

And sorry: This is likely covered somewhere, but couldn't find it (other than general problems people have had with delivery).

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Just heard that my 2019 JLU order is scheduled for delivery on 11/23, the day after Thanksgiving. I may be traveling, and wonder if anyone has any guidance/advice/experience regarding delivery. Are delivery dates generally fairly accurate, or do they tend to be delayed? Would there be any reason to think it would be early?

And sorry: This is likely covered somewhere, but couldn't find it (other than general problems people have had with delivery).

Thanks in advance
There is no delivery date. The date you may have is the estimated ship date, which translates to build date. This date can change greatly. Even if the jeep is built on it, there can still be quite a wait after the jeep is built for it to ship to the dealership. Some people have waited as little as a few days, others as much as 6 months.

OP
OP

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Hmm that's odd - we had a pretty specific conversation about delivery. Wonder if the person who called didn't understand the language in the order status update.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Unless things have changed at FCA, typically you will not have a "Delivery Date" until the Jeep hits KZ status. Do you know what status you are in? You don't get a build date until you hit D1 status. My guess is that the date that you were given is in fact the build date, which can take a week up to a few weeks, depending on how quickly you get through inspection. Or it could be an estimated delivery date, based on the build date, if you are in D1. In other words, your build date may be Nov. 1st and they are basing it on a 3 week time frame from that build date. After you hit inspection, it typically takes a few weeks to hit the dealer. If that's the case, I wouldn't assume the date will hold. I wouldn't get locked into a delivery date until you hit KZ. You can see my timeline in my signature.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Unless things have changed at FCA, typically you will not have a "Delivery Date" until the Jeep hits KZ status. Do you know what status you are in? You don't get a build date until you hit D1 status. My guess is that the date that you were given is in fact the build date, which can take a week up to a few weeks, depending on how quickly you get through inspection. After you hit inspection, it typically takes a few weeks to hit the dealer.
I don't unfortunately. When speaking with the dealer, they said they no longer have a customer-facing login to see what status I'm in, etc. It's not a huge deal to me

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
I don't unfortunately. When speaking with the dealer, they said they no longer have a customer-facing login to see what status I'm in, etc. It's not a huge deal to me
Hmm...that's odd that the dealer is telling you that. But maybe it's true (although it kind of sounds like they just don't want to deal with customers asking....but maybe they don't have access).

You can also check with Jeep chat. Although, I did find them to be "behind" what my dealer was able to tell me. You can always follow your progress through Jeep Garage. If you are not familiar with this service, if you sign up for a membership level 3 or 4, you can track the status of your jeep from order to delivery. I found this to be very accurate. It was better than Jeep Chat, and pretty close to the info my dealer had. To me it's well worth it, but if it's not really something you care to track, then it may not be to you. I was too much like a kid at Christmas not to know though. lol.

This is the 2019 order thread: https://jeepgarage.org/f102/custome...ge-chrysler-fiat-and-ram-vehicles-203991.html

Here's the process on getting setup: https://jeepgarage.org/f3/are-you-looking-to-become-a-premium-member-for-vehicle-tracking-78151.html

OP
OP

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Hmm...that's odd that the dealer is telling you that. But maybe it's true (although it kind of sounds like they just don't want to deal with customers asking....but maybe they don't have access).

You can also check with Jeep chat. Although, I did find them to be "behind" what my dealer was able to tell me. You can always follow your progress through Jeep Garage. If you are not familiar with this service, if you sign up for a membership level 3 or 4, you can track the status of your jeep from order to delivery. I found this to be very accurate. It was better than Jeep Chat, and pretty close to the info my dealer had. To me it's well worth it, but if it's not really something you care to track, then it may not be to you. I was too much like a kid at Christmas not to know though. lol.

This is the 2019 order thread: https://jeepgarage.org/f102/custome...ge-chrysler-fiat-and-ram-vehicles-203991.html

Here's the process on getting setup: https://jeepgarage.org/f3/are-you-looking-to-become-a-premium-member-for-vehicle-tracking-78151.html
Thanks for this! I'm not sure I have an immediate need to know, but I may at some point. Thanks for the heads up.

Skipswift

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
My 2019 order is D1 status and has been for weeks. I've had a build date of early November for weeks also, but I don't expect my order to be built in November. My guess is the build dates are auto assigned and do not account for the 2018 to 2019 changeover or production issues Jeep is currently battling. Jeep isn't updating the dates because it's not a priority for them or they don't want to discourage folks into canceling their orders. Bottomline, I think we'd be lucky to receive our orders before Christmas.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I had two dealers tell me about six weeks for delivery this week (which would be around Thanksgiving) (placed order on 10/16). And one of them did say should definitely be by Christmas. So 6-10 weeks. I doubt it will be as long as some people here waited, who were early orders, when FCA was still making the JK and JL. I can now sit back as say it will get here when it gets here, but come the end of November I am sure I will be much more anxious.

OP
OP

frankmorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I had two dealers tell me about six weeks for delivery this week (which would be around Thanksgiving) (placed order on 10/16). And one of them did say should definitely be by Christmas. So 6-10 weeks. I doubt it will be as long as some people here waited, who were early orders, when FCA was still making the JK and JL. I can now sit back as say it will get here when it gets here, but come the end of November I am sure I will be much more anxious.
Interesting indeed. I'm in the same boat - I don't have any big rush, so it will get it here when it gets here.

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Does anyone know when the 2019's actually go into production?

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
My 2018 order from nearly half a year ago (beginning of June) still hasn't shipped. So I'd be very surprised if you get a 2019 delivered within a month. Grant it, I ordered everything that could possibly delay it - power top, turbo, Katzkin CBS hex leather from the factory, but they still have to finish those of us who have been severely delayed before they can start building and shipping 2019's. At least I sincerely hope they finish our 2018's first. Would be an awful thing to do to us if they didn't. Not like this hasn't already been awful...
Sponsored