kholding

kholding

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
the top half shows it for gas engines and the 2.2L euro, the bottom half says 3.0L Diesel in the reversed configuration
I totally missed that. It is refreshing to see it included on the literature. Now if we could just get some type of a statement from FCA letting us know what's going on with it!
Sponsored

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
Come on Jeep give us something!

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Order banks just added diesel for 2019 along with 3.6 BSG. Yeah buddy. :)

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Have you all heard?
BIG UPDATE!!

100% Confirmed - "26" order code = 2019 JL 3.0L V6 CRD (diesel) with ESS + 8HP75 8-speed automatic transmission! No ETA on release date.

Now about that mysterious code "22" ... Could it be a 6-speed manual CRD? (We have thus far been unable to confirm). It may be wishful thinking but we have our fingers crossed. One thing is for sure - it is unlikely to be a special edition model since it would not be on all 3 trim levels.

Stay tuned!
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ransmission-and-3-6l-bsg-engines.15390/page-2

Sponsored

JlEngineline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Just build them
I work in Toledo on the JL engine line. I will let everyone know when I start seeing them come down the line. I have only seen 1 in the last 5 months. That one was for testing purposes. And no, we don't build the engine. We bolt on all the extras, AC units, Alternators, pulleys, transmission, TOC lines, ect...

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I will be shocked if we see the 3.0L CRD offered for sale anytime during calendar year 2018. By "offered for sale" I mean JLs sitting on dealer lots with the diesel engine in them.

I will be surprised if we see it for the 2019 model year at all.

There is a snowball's chance in hell that if they do offer the diesel that they'll pair it with a manual transmission. The D478 has a torque input rating of around 350 lbs/ft I think. I'm pretty sure it is not rated to handle 450 lbs/ft and therefore cannot be offered for sale in JLs with the EcoDiesel.

Lord-Maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jk
Just Sold my JK yesterday and all ready got some price work ups on the 3.6 Rubi ..I'm just waiting for any more info on the Diesel /my Muse

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Just spoke with a dealership in Washington State concerning the diesel wrangler. I was told the owners just attended a meeting in Vegas and the "scuttlebutt" is that the diesel wrangler may not happen till 2020. FCA is still having issues getting the diesel emission permission (my poor choice of words) approval. This may also delay the pick-up release too.

I for one hope this is inaccurate information and I'm still holding out for the release of the diesel. It just fits my longterm needs better.

Sponsored

WarHawk18

First Name
Raif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ, Cherokee Trailhawk, Gen 2 Raptor, ordered JLU Rubicon Diesel
Just spoke with a dealership in Washington State concerning the diesel wrangler. I was told the owners just attended a meeting in Vegas and the "scuttlebutt" is that the diesel wrangler may not happen till 2020. FCA is still having issues getting the diesel emission permission (my poor choice of words) approval. This may also delay the pick-up release too.

I for one hope this is inaccurate information and I'm still holding out for the release of the diesel. It just fits my longterm needs better.

I’m hoping that they release some information on this soon. I’d hope that they didn’t release the order codes prematurely and it turns out that we have to wait until 2020 I spoke to another dealership in VA and they are saying the same thing. That they were told it would possibly be 2020.

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
I’m hoping that they release some information on this soon. I’d hope that they didn’t release the order codes prematurely and it turns out that we have to wait until 2020 I spoke to another dealership in VA and they are saying the same thing. That they were told it would possibly be 2020.
Hey, this is my first post (or reply to a post) on this Forum. I just left my dealer in North West Colorado and he called his Representative who told him that the Diesel is still a go, and will likely be available for order late December or January sometime.
I told him what I was hearing (no longer offered, pulled from lineup etc.. ) so that he would know why i am so concerned.
For now, i will wait to place my order, hoping that the Diesel is offered, I had a 2013 JKUR 10th Anniversary and liked the 3.6, but REALLY want the Diesel. My Dealer (Tony Maneotis of Victory Motors in Craig Co.) thinks it will be the same Diesel offered in the Ram 1500's and he claims they have performed very well up here in the mountains, but you can take that for what it is. Tony is a long time friend, and Owner of Victory Motors so I believe what he is telling me. Hopefully his Rep is not blowing a bunch of smoke...

WarHawk18

First Name
Raif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ, Cherokee Trailhawk, Gen 2 Raptor, ordered JLU Rubicon Diesel
Hey, this is my first post (or reply to a post) on this Forum. I just left my dealer in North West Colorado and he called his Representative who told him that the Diesel is still a go, and will likely be available for order late December or January sometime.
I told him what I was hearing (no longer offered, pulled from lineup etc.. ) so that he would know why i am so concerned.
For now, i will wait to place my order, hoping that the Diesel is offered, I had a 2013 JKUR 10th Anniversary and liked the 3.6, but REALLY want the Diesel. My Dealer (Tony Maneotis of Victory Motors in Craig Co.) thinks it will be the same Diesel offered in the Ram 1500's and he claims they have performed very well up here in the mountains, but you can take that for what it is. Tony is a long time friend, and Owner of Victory Motors so I believe what he is telling me. Hopefully his Rep is not blowing a bunch of smoke...
Walweb,
Thanks for the post/reply. At this point I don’t know what to believe as each dealer says they talked to their Rep at Jeep and got the information. That being said, your info gives me some wishful thinking. I’m still going to continue to wait and hope for the best.

otisroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Since I don't have friends or family working in a dealership, I take what I hear with a grain of salt. They're in the business of selling cars now. They don't want you to wait until next summer.

TurboTJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
This is good to hear. An eco diesel seems like the only option for those of us routinely driving high altitude passes, especially when larger tires and heavy gear/cargo are added. My TJ couldn’t climb rabbit ears pass in 5th until I added a turbo.

The only thing that gives me pause is the insight we get from some of the recall notices. I thought I saw one for the turbo I4 that effected vehicles manufactured from late last year. However, the I4 only became available to order recently. If this is the case, can we expect the same for the diesel (I.e we can only order after they’ve been in production for a while)? I’ll look for the details tomorrow and see if I can shed any light on this.
Sponsored