Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

i encounter deer everyday and need to see them a little earlier - I see a lot of mentions Rigid lights - anyoneuse their hyperspot?

Also - any recommendation on hood or A pillar mounts?
Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t but the S2 Sport lights from Baja Designs are super bright and lower profile than the Rigid lights. I put them on my roof rack, and you can get different beams like spot, flood, work. I like that you can change out the bulbs and the universal bracket should allow you to use any of the torx bolts to mount them.

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I went with the Baja design 10” and 40” OnX6 high powered (plus) lights facing front. They put out a ton of light. You could even just go with their 10” facing forward. It all depends on your budget.

3A1F6DF2-E0DD-4EDB-B3C2-E019D544DF92.jpeg

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Baja design 10” and 40” OnX6 high powered (plus) lights facing front. They put out a ton of light. You could even just go with their 10” facing forward. It all depends on your budget.

3A1F6DF2-E0DD-4EDB-B3C2-E019D544DF92.jpeg
Looks good!

OP
OP
Kenny

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

I haven’t but the S2 Sport lights from Baja Designs are super bright and lower profile than the Rigid lights. I put them on my roof rack, and you can get different beams like spot, flood, work. I like that you can change out the bulbs and the universal bracket should allow you to use any of the torx bolts to mount them.
Thanks - I’ll check them out

Sponsored

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Looks good!
Thank you,

The OnX6 lights are scary bright. I took my wife for a ride in our housing tract last night to show her them. The look on her face was priceless. The side lights lit up a park to where you could see everything. The front lights are blinding bright.
The good news is after her seeing how much light they put out she finally gets it and will stop busting my chops over the cost.

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you,

The OnX6 lights are scary bright. I took my wife for a ride in our housing tract last night to show her them. The look on her face was priceless. The side lights lit up a park to where you could see everything. The front lights are blinding bright.
The good news is after her seeing how much light they put out she finally gets it and will stop busting my chops over the cost.
I am sure they are. Really I think the Baja Designs lights are reasonable for the quality and output. Didn’t realize this, but they are owned by Bestop. I am surprised they haven’t penetrated the Jeep market more.

BajaDesigns

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Applicable
i encounter deer everyday and need to see them a little earlier - I see a lot of mentions Rigid lights - anyoneuse their hyperspot?

Also - any recommendation on hood or A pillar mounts?
Thanks - I’ll check them out
If you're open to other options we'd love to set you up with some Baja Designs lights! Here is our A-Pillar mount kit for the JL
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/2018-Jeep-JL-A-Pillar-Mount-Kit.asp

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed the Rigid D-series Pro hyperspot {filename}

These will work with our Squadron and S2 Series LED Auxiliary Lights. We offer options starting at 1,130 Lumens all the way up to 4,900 Lumens each. Light Pairs start at $208.95 (save 10% w/ coupon code: BDForums)
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/led-auxilary-lights.asp

I'd recommend our Driving/Combo pattern for your application. It's a blend of our Spot and Wide Cornering patterns giving you great coverage in near, mid, and distance. It will be great for detecting wildlife that might enter the roadway. Here is a sample shot of one Squadron Pro, Driving/Combo

Please let us know if you have any questions! Happy to give more detail on what sets Baja Designs apart from the competition :)

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

WIJLU

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
I run Rigid's. Dually D2's or something like that. 5400 lumen each if I remember right (6 LED in each light). I have 4 of them on the front of the JL and I can't image needing more light. In fact, I'm considering running them on two separate circuits because all four at once can be too much light sometimes. The light will reflect off trees, etc and actually be too much.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kenny

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

I run Rigid's. Dually D2's or something like that. 5400 lumen each if I remember right (6 LED in each light). I have 4 of them on the front of the JL and I can't image needing more light. In fact, I'm considering running them on two separate circuits because all four at once can be too much light sometimes. The light will reflect off trees, etc and actually be too much.
"Too much light" is exactly what I need! Thanks

Rubitex18

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Rigid has their DSS (side shooter) series that are designed to put light out to the sides while still filling the road ahead. Might look into those if deer are an issue for you.

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Whitch mount did you use for the bumper bar it looks sweet!