MOAB Edition JL Club Thread

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Guys (JxRYE / Columbus104), first of all congrats on the Jeep...hope my post didn't come across as angry. Also, I totally agree with your decision, just my initial reaction didn't take into consideration the other things you've both pointed out.

I've done something similar with my previous car, an Audi A4. I added what's called a competition package in a 2015 A4. It basically made the A4 look like an S4 without the supercharged engine. Also, the cost difference between my A4 and an S4 was around $3,000. I jumped online to post about my purchase and was hit with a combination of great car and also the question of why I didn't just get an S4 or wait for the redesigned 2016 A4. Well, the S4 was more expensive in insurance, price, maintenance, etc. In other words, for what I needed and wanted my A4 was the right car for me.

Happy Jeep'in.
No worries my friend, I didn't take you as coming off angry. Just trying to answer your question about the difference. Loading up the trim levels with the same options I picked for the MOAB (adding on the 2019 available advanced safety group MSRP $795). The Sahara comes in at $55,605, MOAB at 56,580, and for fun the Rubicon weighs in at $59,255. So the fully loaded MOAB is less than $1,000 more than the Sahara. Which gets the rubi looks, steal bumper, black wheels, and the new rock rails that are a bit wider than the rubis (step for the kids). That was worth it for me, but definitely not for someone who doesn't want all the options. Don't get me wrong I love the Rubicons too, and it is sad I will be missing out on the red stitching!

You struck a nerve with the Audi talk. Before my second was born I had a black manual S4 with red interior, I loved that car. But couldn't fit me and a carseat...
Sponsored

CharlieRG10

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I also would get the Moab it has a lot of items I don’t want to pay extra for with the RUBI....but!...because honestly the only reason the wife and I like the rubicon is the hood and rims and MOJITO ...oh and most importantly the red stitching in the leather. We have no use for the Rubicon but we just like it. Haha no other reason. It’s kinda why i I bought the Oscar Mike ED in 2013 ...we loved the Commando green and the stars...
Exactly Phil...Im with you. you bought it because you like it. YOU. Thats the part that lately some of us dont understand with the comments toward other Jeeps that are not Rubis.. If you don't have a Rubi, then the other trims get bashed on and you're not part of the cool kids club. It shouldn't be that way. As a person and consumer, I will buy what I want. I will rock in my Moab and have a big smile. Im in Florida myself so there's no need for a Rubi. Im not going to buy a Rubi just to say I have on. Enjoy the Rubi when you get yours.

maya m

First Name
Maya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I also would get the Moab it has a lot of items I don’t want to pay extra for with the RUBI....but!...because honestly the only reason the wife and I like the rubicon is the hood and rims and MOJITO ...oh and most importantly the red stitching in the leather. We have no use for the Rubicon but we just like it. Haha no other reason. It’s kinda why i I bought the Oscar Mike ED in 2013 ...we loved the Commando green and the stars...
I agree!! That's exactly why I ordered it. I LOVE the hood and steel bumpers (I was definitely going to upgrade to these if I ordered the Sahara). And it comes with a bunch of fun extras (headliner, fuel door cover, all-weather floor mats, larger infotainment screen, leather, safety group, LED headlights and taillights). I added the cold weather and the trailer tow/electrical packages. With all of the add-ons and features it made the most sense to go with the Moab.

Sponsored

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Just bought. Getting some different wheel and tires for sure!
Beauty!!! Love the rail steps too. But gonna stick with the RUBICON order for the red accents.

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I happened to stop by my dealer to say hi and see what’s new and I came across this just waiting to be taken home
I just figured I’d share with everyone

B31CEA19-F389-4429-9730-5171133A639D.jpeg

00EC19DC-5A79-4767-9702-743B8ECCC71F.jpeg

23A52863-32A3-489C-82F3-F9530C7240DF.jpeg

Bill T.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac XTS and 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Very nice. But at that price, why not just by the Rubicon?

k.daddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2019 Wrangler Moab
Does anyone have a picture of an Ocean Blue Moab to share? Thanks
Sponsored