67 Designs RAIL now available for the JL

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
I think because sPOD was doing this as a project run and they won't actually be offering it. Its more of a buy until their stock is out and thats it for that product.
This. I spoke to sPOD. It was a limited run. Doesn’t sound like it’s gonna be a production item.

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
@gsxr310 ,
can you PM me the link also? Thanks
@gsxr310 what are you peddling that can’t be posted in the open here? I know the owners at both companies and I’m telling everyone interested, sPOD isnt doing full production on that JL Mount. Carolina Metal Masters might be, but not sPOD.

Meanwhile, the OP here is about 67 Designs. They ARE doing full production on their mounts. And their mounts are GREAT.

Last edited:

threeve

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Code Monkey
For those of you that ordered, how long did it take them to ship? I can’t wait! I just oreder d yesterday.
Mine arrived today. Ordered it on Oct 2, shipped Oct 9, overall pretty quick. Will unbox and install this weekend.

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
@gsxr310 what are you peddling that can’t be posted in the open here? I know the owners at both companies and I’m telling everyone interested, sPOD isnt doing full production on that JL Mount. Carolina Metal Masters might be, but not sPOD.

Meanwhile, the OP here is about 67 Designs. They ARE doing full production on their mounts. And their mounts are GREAT.
That’s why I went 67 designs route. I don’t want to buy s9mething that won’t be production and can’t g9 back to for support or extras.

Mine arrived today. Ordered it on Oct 2, shipped Oct 9, overall pretty quick. Will unbox and install this weekend.
Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow or Sat.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
J ust E mpty E very P ocket
_ _ _ _

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No pictures, but I installed my rail last weekend. I tried to lower my windshield, but ran into an issue with removing the wipers so I set that idea aside. Using a spare drill chuck and a stubby screwdriver worked just fine without lowering the windshield.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
No pictures, but I installed my rail last weekend. I tried to lower my windshield, but ran into an issue with removing the wipers so I set that idea aside. Using a spare drill chuck and a stubby screwdriver worked just fine without lowering the windshield.
I had the same problem with the wipers. I'm thinking I should have put some WD40 on it to break it loose.

I ended up just pulling my windshield back, just a little bit, so I could get my drill in there.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Man I just don't know. I really like having my phone just to the left of the screen and not up into view like that. I wish they almost had a rod that bent down a bit instead of straight.
Stumbled upon this item last night ... website says it's new: https://www.67d.com/products/elbow-connector-for-carbon-fiber-arms

Elbow.jpg

With it and an extra arm, you should be able to get your mount well below the level of the of the dash ... yes? Might look a little Micky Mouse, but then so what.

Sponsored

threeve

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Code Monkey
Installed mine tonight. It fits very snugly so need to make sure to press it in place pretty solidly. The screws help pull it down into place as well. I dropped the windshield down to make drilling easier. The directions call for a 2.5mm pilot hole, 3/32 is pretty close and what I had available. Only the tiniest amount of downward pressure on the drill is necessary, the dash is super soft and you'll go through it quickly. Let up as soon as you feel the drill go through! Also don't overtighten the screws, they'll probably strip easily.

Overall really happy with the product, it almost looks like it could be an oem part. I haven't hung any devices on it yet to give the 3m adhesive time to bond.

6ciyN8m8Qsi5MHn6XY14Wg.jpg
D0YJKuhyRFSVMUgMfLOJRg.jpg
VuXaDFseTCCru7YhLrcOKw.jpg
wCQ25LFoSRqr1J1loA7qpg.jpg
NDw%BdljRw+WtCCcxLhRFw.jpg

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Can you cut the rubber piece you remove to fit in middle space?

threeve

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Code Monkey
Great question... there's a pretty decent gap underneath the rail so I suspect you could. I might give it a try this weekend, it'd have been easier to do before sticking down the rail with the adhesive but I bet I can still squeeze it under there.

Prevok

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
Good catch.

It was hard to tell from the 67 designs installation instructions, but threeve's images make it clear there is a good gap under the rail. Mine in on order. While this is shipping, I think I'll go ahead and order the CupHolderHero liners. It looks like the middle section will fit and will certainly look better than the shoddy cut I would do :P
Sponsored